Magnus Personnel Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Magnus Personnel President & CEO Erik Simins
Erik Simins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Be"

Pros

It;s a very exciting time to be at MAGNUS.
    To name a few pros:
    -entrepreneurial culture, "everyone's opinion matters" way of operating
    -no mircomanagement but reliable support from management
    -very collaborative work environment with vibrant team members
    ***It's experiencing some amazing growth right now and anyone who is looking to grow within a firm need not look any further.

Cons

If you're looking for a rigid formal corporate structure where you can hide and just coast along, this probably isn't it. You have to be a producer and a winner here! Aside from that, offices might be a little out of the way for someone in the east end of Toronto without access to a vehicle.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! It's magic! I have to write a 20 word minimum but that really sums it up right there!

2. "Recruiter"

I worked at Magnus Personnel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Amazing mentors Awesome colleagues. Tons of bonus opportunities and incentives with great benefits. Overall positive energy, great to be part of the team.

Cons

One needs a tenacious positive attitude to be a recruiter as it does have its ups and downs. But I have found Magnus to be unlike any other company I've been a part of. It's very much a team environment with exceptional management and leadership. Erik really goes above and beyond for his team. It feels like a home.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity!!

3. "Feels like home"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Magnus Personnel full-time

Pros

-my ideas and input were not only welcomed but encouraged
    -the environment and leadership encouraged and supported growth, both personally and professional
    -Weekly meetings so we are always keep in the loop of company direction and future
    -Erik always made me feel like it was partly my company, not that I was another employee
    -we were not micromanaged but support and assistance was always readily available.
    -I've never felt more like a part of something bigger then working at Magus, best career I have ever had

Cons

Best place I've ever worked. Not for those who like to "coast" or take it easy. Must be a hard worker but the hard work more then pays off.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

"Excellent Overall Company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Expert
    Current Employee - Recruitment Expert

I have been working at Magnus Personnel full-time

Pros

• Collaborative environment
    • Recognition for top performers and incentive program
    • Professional atmosphere
    • Excellent leadership and management team who leads by example and is always willing to work with you
    • Work life balance
    • The direction the company is moving is exciting

Cons

• The only con I can honestly say is that you have to be a hard worker to excel in this environment

Advice to Management

Continue to cultivate a learning atmosphere and encourage the staff to excel

"Fantastic place to work with great leadership!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Architect
    Current Employee - Recruitment Architect

I have been working at Magnus Personnel full-time

Pros

- Open collaborative approach to the way we do business
    - Great atmosphere and work environment which fosters great activity
    - Well aware of my purpose and the purpose of others in the organization leaving no gaps
    - Great recognition and performance bonuses
    - Leadership is top notch, having the President as my mentor has really got me engaged and I love learning from someone that is so passionate about what they do. Having this help will get me to the next level that I am working hard for.

Cons

Way more upside than cons here at Magnus, everyone works hard and enjoys what they do. I have yet to experience any negativity or cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and keep pushing each one of us to be better every day. Stay with the vision of Magus Personnel being the top recruiting agency.

"Working at Magnus"

Current Employee - Recruitment Architect - Medical Business in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Recruitment Architect - Medical Business in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Magnus Personnel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Magnus Personnel provides a warm work atmosphere. Collaboration and dedication to service are prized. The work structure is flexible, expertise is abundant at every turn and daily improvement and excellence are encouraged. It's a culture of contribution. Someway, somehow, you make your mark on this place, and those contributions which add to the growth, diversity and betterment of the organization are recognized with reward and considerable appreciation. It's an ideal place to serve both company, client, and community.

Cons

There are no cons per se to the construct of the senior management team. The recruitment space, is however, not for everyone. Thick skin is a basic necessity. High activity is an equal must. Success does not necessarily come easy off the top. Building a fully functioning network of clients and candidates requires dedication, persistence and resiliency. You need to know what you're walking into. Do your research. Speak with professionals in the space before walking down this path for the first time. That said, the reward potential is as strong and inspiring as any sales path I've encountered previously.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. This place oozes passion. Patience and perseverance. Such efforts have clearly payed off thus far.

"A LEADER AT HIS BEST!"

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter

I worked at Magnus Personnel full-time

Pros

Every organization, regardless of size, location or corporate structure, must have a leader who performs tasks aimed at developing the organization's vision and implementing the policies and procedures that allow that vision to be accomplished. Erik Simins, the President of MAGNUS Personnel did just that. In order for MAGNUS’s to achieve success, goals and standards had to be set. While MAGNUS’s primary goal was always the continuous generation of revenue in many different divisions, including the division I work in (Healthcare), the goals he developed and implemented also encompass many areas in addition to the sales. He encouraged us not only to focus on the dollar sign but what we represented as an individual. He stood by his people though the good times and the bad times. He helped his people achieve a new level of awareness of themselves, which helped unlock a whole new level of potential, not only in their financial life but also in their personal life.
    I have worked for a few organizations in my career and never once have I had a President and team members that treat you like family as they did at MAGNUS.

You will be making a great choice if you work for MAGNUS Personnel.

Cons

I saw little cons while working at MAGNUS. If we all worked hard, we all played hard.

Advice to Management

“The reality is that everybody makes mistakes. The issue isn’t whether you will make them, it’s what you will do about them. It’s whether you will choose the path of humility and courage or the path of ego and pride.” - Covey-

"True Recognition of the Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose Business Model"

I have been working at Magnus Personnel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To give you a good idea of how Magnus came to operate so differently from the majority of rigidly-structured companies, this company was started by a recruiter who, after struggling to find true camaraderie & empowerment at the recruitment firms he worked for, chose to create his own company where he could foster the business model he'd always wished he'd been able to experience.

- the company motto, "Empower Your People", refers directly to the commitment the company has made to ensure that each and every recruiter has all the tools, support and leadership necessary to succeed as an individual within the organization (and, as a byproduct, power the organization as a whole).

- the management structure is fluid and not at all intimidating; Recruitment Architects answer to Division Managers/Senior Directors, who answer to the Managing Director. The Managing Director goes out of his way to get to know every employee and ensure that he is accessible to everyone. He also makes sure to CC the entire company on emails about big decisions in order to gather counsel from all and keep everyone in the loop about changes & the company's advancements.

- at our most recent leadership camp taking place in beautiful Muskoka, one of the Senior Directors presented about "Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose", showing the TedTalk by Daniel Pink. This is a progressive, modern approach to creative business that needs to be looked at by all organizations in the 21st century.

- the ethics ingrained into this company are a big perk of working here. It is extremely important to the Managing Director that we stand out from the less than ethical practices that have given the industry of recruitment a bad name. Transparency is strongly encouraged. The fact that ethics are valued above making money for the company is incredibly refreshing for me as an employee.

In my year since starting at Magnus, I have felt nothing but support and warmth from all working here and am continually humbled by my coworkers & leaders. Keep an eye on this company as it grows because it is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

It is a relatively small company, with the majority of employees based in the Toronto flagship office while a few people work in the Technology Division in Vancouver. The challenge is that we don't get to see enough of our coworkers across the company outside of leadership camps and incentive trips... they are all so much fun and I miss them!

Advice to Management

Share your ways with the rest of the world... they need it.