MNP Employee Reviews about "mnp"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

3.9
MNP CEO Jason Tuffs
Jason Tuffs
Pros
  • "Work life balance (the most you can get in public practice(in 81 reviews)

• "MNP did a great job at making me feel welcome throughout the interview process(in 61 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours as usual for large public firms(in 65 reviews)

• "Busy during the busy season is totally acceptable(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "mnp"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

MNP Interview Experience

Jan 12, 2021 - CPA Articling Student in Regina, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

MNP did a great job at making me feel welcome throughout the interview process. They provided an environment that made me feel comfortable and excited for my future with the company.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Truly Optimize Family-Work Balance

Jan 12, 2021 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Willing to work with productive employees to achieve the optimal performance while maintaining a balance of personal life. Especially beneficial for mothers who are often the primary caregiver for children, as this is an employer that understands the unpredictability of ill children, school events and activities and understands these needs may need to take precedence during the "normal work day". MNP will go the extra mile for those employees who return that favour and appreciate the privilege!

Cons

You need to be informed that many seasons require longer hours than what a "normal" work week may look like; however, you will be compensated and appreciated for your efforts, and there will be slower times where you can work shorter hours.

National Human Resources

Feedback is a gift, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Supporting our team members and providing them with the tools they need throughout their career is very important to us. We are proud of the flexibility we offer and you have utilized with patience and resiliency. Thank you for your continued contribution with the MNP team.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great firm

Sep 22, 2020 - Designated Professional in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Significant opportunities to learn and develop as a professional. There are a lot of technically strong people with personality A. Very smart leadership team. You get to be tested as a person and as a professional all the time. You work on complex files and develop significantly.

Cons

Some managers don't treat you well or give a second of their day. Managers should be interested in developing people. Overall, it wasn't perfect (no place is perfect), but I am forever thankful for the opportunity. I am where I am in life because of this experience and many amazing people I got to work with. I highly recommend MNP as a place of career.

MNP Response

We are grateful you have taken the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at MNP and were faced with personal and professional growth. We agree that no place is perfect, but we are always looking to improve and learn from valuable feedback. Thank you! We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

4. 4.0

Great culture

Jan 13, 2021 - Audit Senior Accountant in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people make the firm. MNP really focuses on building the culture. This makes working there feel like you're working with a bunch of friends.

Cons

It's still a public accounting firm, and they do ask a lot of their staff, while paying below market salaries for the level of qualification of the accountants.

National Human Resources

We are grateful for your review and appreciate your feedback. At MNP, we believe our team members are our best assets and are proud of our collaborative work environment. We regularly review our total rewards strategy and engage third party providers to assist us in evaluating our monetary rewards, with the goal of remaining competitive and fair. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

5. 5.0

Amazing first week

Sep 18, 2020 - Articling Accountant in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

MNP really cares about training and teaching and is committed to investing the success of their new hires and students. Fun is one of their values. Office culture is supportive and encouraging.

Cons

Office work takes a bit to get used to if you've never done it before.

MNP Response

Welcome to the MNP team! We are excited you have chosen to join our Firm and look forward to continuing to share our fun MNP culture with you. Thank you for your review!

6. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Amazing Workplace for Learning

Sep 21, 2020 - Co-op CPA Articling Student in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Set up with performance coach who you can turn to for questions and guidance. All employees are there to help one another on all levels! Engaging learning experiences across all topics of accounting. Feel valued as an employee, not just a number as people check in on you to see how things are going.

Cons

I have not experienced any downsides to working for MNP.

MNP Response

Your thorough review is appreciated! We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your experience at MNP. It is team members like yourself that make MNP a great place to work. Thank you for your contributions.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

MNP and D,E&I

Oct 28, 2020 - Human Capital
      Business Outlook

Pros

embedded in our culture and values

Cons

a great firm, doing their best in a difficult environment, people have to appreciate their opportunities with MNP

Talent Brand Advisor

We are grateful you have taken the time to share your experience. Fostering a respectful work environment through diversity, equity and inclusion is very important to us at MNP. We are committed to this ever-evolving journey to ensure we are providing an inclusive culture for all team members. Thank you for being part of the MNP team.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

You take the bad with the good

Jul 14, 2020 - Staff Accountant in Orem, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a great CPA program at MNP. They will support you every step of the way and I can’t think of a place I’d rather do my CPA articling.

Cons

Pay is on the low end of average for staff positions. Health benefits are poor. The firm is your life for 6 months of the year. The calgary office does a poor job communicating expectations to staff. Management often fails to take responsibility for their actions and there is a tendency to forget that MNP is a teaching firm (e.g. budgets are overemphasized at the expense of training staff).

5 people found this review helpful

MNP Response

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We are pleased you feel supported through our CPA program. We take great pride in providing our team members with the tools and support through their CPA studies, such as a CPA buddy, prep exams and paid time off, to help team members succeed. To stay on top of industry standards we review salaries annually to ensure we remain competitive. We encourage you to share your feedback with your local Human Capital contact. Thank you for being part of the MNP team, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid if you can

Jan 12, 2021 - Staff Accountant in Orem, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easier to get a other job if you have worked at MNP

Cons

not allowed to question anything, the common phrase is " I just do what management tells me"

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Avoid Operations Consulting Mississauga Team

Sep 4, 2020 - Management Consultant in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

MNP is fast-growing and big organization, other departments, and team leaders were great and amazing people.

Cons

Toxic work environment working with the operations consulting partner in the Mississauga office. The way business is conducted with the client behind the scenes is immoral and unethical. Missussaga consulting partner lacks true leadership, sneaky person who believes in doing what it takes to show "results", even if it means faking it with fluff.

7 people found this review helpful

MNP Response

Your feedback is valuable, thank you for sharing. We are sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your recent experience. We hope you had the opportunity to share your feedback with your local Human Capital contact before departing the Firm. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Reviews