MNP Vancouver Reviews

Current Employee

MNP LLP

Jun 4, 2021 - Human Resources Assistant in Nanaimo, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

learning and development, flexibility, benefits, office culture

Cons

pay could be a bit higher

MNP Response

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are committed to providing our team members diverse reward offerings, work-life integration and growth opportunities in support of a fulfilling career. We appreciate your enthusiasm and value your contributions to our MNP team.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent place to work.

Apr 29, 2021 - Manager - Consulting in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get the big firm experience without the cut-throat ethos of some of the international firms (Big 4 etc). Obviously you employee experience varies depending on the team, but in general the partners are personable, act like humans, get fully involved in projects and are extremely supportive. Lots of work, but there's no stigma if you hold your hands up before it gets too much. Similarly there are plenty of opportunities to progress and be well-compensated. The firm's strategy is the Canadian mid-market and niching, which no other professional service firms do, so the growth outlook is great.

Cons

We use some outdated tech systems (for example a shared drive instead of cloud storage, and a fairly dated proprietary CRM/ERP platform instead of Salesforce). Not a showstopper though, just less efficient that it could be.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

National Human Resources

Thank you for your review. At MNP, we work in collaboration with our team members to provide diverse opportunities and the required resources to grow their careers. We are pleased to hear of your positive experience at our Vancouver office and appreciate your contributions to our MNP team!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work

Jun 2, 2021 - Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Partners and Managers are great. Recruited staff are generally of high quality.

Cons

Work life balance, compensation is so-so.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent workplace

Apr 27, 2021 - Senior Accountant in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are great Personal days Banked OT

Cons

Below market average pay Always scheduling changes leading to inefficiencies and stressful workloads Not a place upward growth is provided or transparent - promotion from accountant to senior accountant is purely based on hours and courses completed, and very few senior accountant to manger promotions have happened during my time at the firm

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

National Human Resources

Your feedback is valuable, thank you. At MNP, we pride ourselves on having an open door culture with access to great leadership and providing opportunities for team members to reach their highest potential. We appreciate your continuous contributions to our MNP team!

5. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great first impressions of the workplace environment and staff

Jan 13, 2021 - CO-OP CPA ARTICLING STUDENT, ASSURANCE and ACCOUNTING in Abbotsford, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful with helping you get around. I was assigned an orientation buddy on the first day to help me with any questions that I have about my training/orientation. I got my own office and computer with all the tools/supplies that I need to successfully complete my tasks. There is a coffee station fully loaded.

Cons

All you do on the second and third day is read company policies which can be very boring. The office is large so it takes some getting used to where everything is, but by the 3rd day you'll know your way around.

6. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

New Hire at MNP

Mar 5, 2021 - Accountant in Chilliwack, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment and make sure new hires have proper training and mentorship to accomplish tasks

Cons

Travel distance is a bit much but nothing that would cause me to not want to work there

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great people and experience

Mar 8, 2021 - CPA Articling Accountant in Nanaimo, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Big firm with small firm culture - Great people - Lots of help/- Support - Opportunity to develop and grow

Cons

Not any that I can think of

8. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Overall great company

Apr 5, 2021 - Audit Associate in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

overall the individuals at the company were friendly and the work was standard as expected that of an accounting firm

Cons

there are some people that are hard to deal with - the HR recruiter is quite pushy and does not have your best interest in mind.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It started out promising, but then it got progressively got worse.

Apr 20, 2021 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, interesting and innovative work.

Cons

Disorganized, no work-life balance. Below average compensation.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growing firm - great place to work

Feb 25, 2021 - Senior Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity, work environment, great colleagues, collaborative and down to earth

Cons

speed of change is sometimes hard to keep up with

National Human Resources

We believe MNP's greatest asset is our team members and we are proud of the respectful work culture, career opportunities and our diverse rewards program. Thank you for your ongoing resilience at the Vancouver office and for being part of our MNP team for over 5 years!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews