Luxury Retreats Reviews

Found 68 of over 78 reviews

3.4
Luxury Retreats President and CEO Joe Poulin
Joe Poulin
Pros
  • "I have never worked anywhere that strives to treat their employees as well as Luxury Retreats does(in 21 reviews)

• "well, the cafeteria was great when I worked there(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The downside of Luxury retreats is the constantly changing of people(in 6 reviews)

• "If you like to have a routine, everyday to be the same this is not the place for you(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Company, Best Is Yet To Come

Jul 30, 2017 - Manager, Revenue Management in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having 21 years of professional experience spanning 6 industries and as many companies in the Fortune 500, I find myself well positioned to have a solid benchmark against which to review Luxury Retreats. I can say without any reservation, that Luxury Retreats provides an outstanding working environment. I am part of a company that can be defined as youthful and energetic yet guided by the wisdom of a leadership team with a proven track record for sustained growth. Having recently joined the AirBnB family, Luxury Retreats has embarked on a new path to become a juggernaut in the luxury hospitality rental market. At Luxury Retreats, we are given numerous opportunities to grow the business in a meaningful way. If your objective is to make a difference and build a solid career with tangible work experience, Luxury Retreats will provide those opportunities in spades. Simply put, this is not a large corporation whose mandate is to keep the ship sailing in calm seas. Luxury Retreats is a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial company exclusively emerged in ecommerce. With regards to benefits, it is simply unbelievable. Great bonus, vacations, on-site bistro with a bona fide professional chef, gym, professional development, and state of the art hardware and software and much more.

Cons

None that are worth mentioning.

1 person found this review helpful

Luxury Retreats Response

Human Resources Director

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We love it when our team members share the same excitement we feel about our future as part of the Airbnb family! This is a very exciting time in Luxury Retreats’ history and joining Airbnb has allowed us to continue building on our solid foundation built not only on smart ecommerce but on the value of true hospitality. I.T equipment and benefit upgrades are just the beginning as we continue bringing our employee experience to the next level in alignment with our Airbnb family. We look forward to continuing the ride and are glad to have you along with us!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

More fun on paper

Oct 13, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and travel perks

Cons

Lots of nepotistic management and only lateral movements

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

RIP

May 7, 2020 - Guest Experience Specialist in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had a great experience working here, too bad they are shutting it down.

Cons

Micromanagement, disconnected leaders, never quite meshing with Airbnb HQ

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0

Good overall experience

Mar 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team to work with... collaborative! Excellent benefits with Airbnb. Dental, health, vision, travel credit fertility options and much more 4 weeks off plus volunteer days and sick days

Cons

Upper management has no idea of the work being done at the lower levels. Too high stress and pressure . Low growth opp and incentive.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Airbnb turned LR into a liberal leftist company

Dec 22, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A few cool people will keep you going but thats about it.

Cons

LR/Airbnb is a complete leftwing company who plays a massive role in identity politics. If you are a straight white male, you better not dare express a different opinion than everyone else because you will be immediately alienated. When there is an issue, the manager has complete control over you and HR stays out of the process. If your manager doesnt like you, your done for and most of them are generally unhappy. People will try to take advantage of you and your manager will also take credit for your work. For performance reviews, I was told by my manager that my peer comments dont matter and only what he wrote should be should be taken into consideration (Extremely authoritarian managers & e-staff is completely non existant when it comes to interacting with the regular employees). Its sad to see what airbnb has turned LR into - please do not work here unless you are a leftist who enjoys identity politics - what a shame Joe, you completely let me down for allowing them to do what they did to me.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0

Manager

Apr 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hmmm... well, the cafeteria was great when I worked there.

Cons

The turnover rate is ridiculous - I have never seen anything like it

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Application Architect / Team Lead

Dec 17, 2017 - Applications Architect in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked there in the product engineering department a few years ago. Great set of innovative products to always work on at the time. There was always something to learn so don’t worry about getting bored. Team collaboration is amazing, you always feel the sense of commit from your colleagues. Great benefits couldn’t ask for anything more.

Cons

There were extremely tight deadlines some more unrealistic than it should have been. Management didn’t know how to set limits to ensure that the people developing would never reach to a point of saying “I had enough”.

8. 2.0

Look elsewhere.

Oct 10, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Some of the people working there are welcoming and friendly. -The company can offer decent benefits. -The office itself is pretty, although quite old and worn-out

Cons

-The place of business is located in a depressing area of town. -The company's structure is way too manager-heavy. -Some of those managers have no idea what they are doing. -Generally disorganized and all over the place in almost all aspects. -Very, very bad work schedules, depending on your department. -Questionable business philosophy. -Unpleasant clientele.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ridiculously horrible and horribly ridiculous

Oct 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Casual dress code, looks good on your resume.

Cons

No communication, ridiculous expectations and workload, low compensation and they will take every advantage of changing your schedule, high turn over rate.

7 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

Great place to work

Jul 24, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with some awesome benefits.

Cons

No room to move up within the company.

2 people found this review helpful

Luxury Retreats Response

Human Resources Director

Hi, thanks for the review! We appreciate you pointing out what you liked about being part of LR but more importantly for letting us know how we can keep raising the bar for our team. At over 250 employees, LR has been a growing company with no lack of opportunity. Since joining the Airbnb family, we only expect opportunities for professional growth to keep multiplying! We’re happy to say that our entire team will soon have access to an internal job portal in order to make it easier to apply to positions internally, and we’ll continue to focus on ways to keep promoting from within. Thanks again for the feedback and all the best!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews

Luxury Retreats Reviews FAQs

Luxury Retreats has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 78 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Luxury Retreats to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Luxury Retreats employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Luxury Retreats. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

61% of Luxury Retreats employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Luxury Retreats 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.