Lush Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
57% would recommend to a friend
(31 total reviews)
55% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "pay was good and products" (in 111 reviews)
- "Great Enironment and People!" (in 88 reviews)
- "The training they provide is good." (in 75 reviews)
- "The 1/2 price discount and the friendly staff and learning about different ingredients and how products are made." (in 63 reviews)
- "All good and great team" (in 58 reviews)
- "Management is bad and very controlling" (in 134 reviews)
- "Managers always watching how well you’re upholding the sales standards which can make the job feel pressured sometimes." (in 73 reviews)
- "One particular supervisor always had something to criticise, you could never do anything right, definitely not someone you could go to for help." (in 36 reviews)
- "Long hours and bad to work into the night" (in 33 reviews)
- "LOW SALARIES believe me we don’t get paid enough even though we’re pressured most of the time" (in 22 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Lush and is not affected by filters.
Found 31 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0May 8, 2022Shift SupervisorCurrent EmployeeSheffield, England
work with nice people, every day is different
Head office don't care about you work life balance Is none existent
- 4.0Mar 22, 2015Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Lots of great benefits, including a lot of free products, spa treatments, chances to travel (I was sent to Australia for a month to work). Great ethics and values you can believe in.
Work life balance can suffer as hours can be long and include out of hours parties, social media management, etc. Pay not great and feels like advancing with company requires even greater sacrifice of work/life balance.
- 5.0Jan 30, 2022Sales AssociateKEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.seasonal-formerLong Beach, CA
Fun atmosphere Nice customers Educational High pay Welcoming staff Good work life balance
Not many hours Hard to grow Hard to get into
- 4.0Nov 21, 2017Shop Designer & VMDFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSeoul
Growing company Career opportunity Open, inclusive, & energetic corporate culture Noble values & vision
Lack of work/life balance Compensation could be improved
- 1.0Apr 27, 2022SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDublin, Dublin
You get to meet people every day.
Terrible treatment of staff and there is a zero work/life balance especially at Christmas.
- 5.0Jul 8, 2021Manufacturing AssistantFormer Contractor, less than 1 yearPoole, England
High base rate pay Career advancement opportunities Supportive of career building and personal development Very caring for employees - Very positive work/life balance Great benefits with paid holidays etc
Lot's of contract work. Many jobs are temporary or interrim due to the christmas sales quarter model of the business overall.
- 3.0Feb 28, 2022SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsKingston upon Thames, England
London Living Wage Good support (only from management in my store, they were great!) 50% discount Loved who I worked with. Good work/life balance
Complaints are not dealt with properly. Can be draining and quite tiring. Retailers/Upper management have favourites and its toxic. If you arent a manager or trainee, forget about being heard by anyone. Didnt want to move up in the company as found the interview process unnecessary and dated, almost pitting people against eachother. Didnt have an actual HR department so made things very complicated.1