Found 83 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "pay was good and products" (in 111 reviews)
- "Great Enironment and People!" (in 88 reviews)
- "The training they provide is good." (in 75 reviews)
- "The 1/2 price discount and the friendly staff and learning about different ingredients and how products are made." (in 63 reviews)
- "All good and great team" (in 58 reviews)
- "Management is bad and very controlling" (in 134 reviews)
- "Managers always watching how well you’re upholding the sales standards which can make the job feel pressured sometimes." (in 73 reviews)
- "One particular supervisor always had something to criticise, you could never do anything right, definitely not someone you could go to for help." (in 36 reviews)
- "Long hours and bad to work into the night" (in 33 reviews)
- "LOW SALARIES believe me we don’t get paid enough even though we’re pressured most of the time" (in 22 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Lush and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "staff discount"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Sept 21, 2022Shop Floor Sales AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCoventry, England
Good staff benefits and discounts.
Very pushy on making sales, has a daily sales target which is reviewed every hour with each of the sales assistant being called at the back one by one every hour and briefed: average items in basket per head, clients in/out, how much has been sold etc. You feel pressurised to approach and try to sell products within 15 seconds of the customer entering and to repeatedly offer them help even if they previously have said they don't need help. This and other experiences that happened during my time at LUSH made the time there not so enjoyable.2
- 3.0Nov 2, 2020Retail Sales AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearGlasgow, Scotland
The 50% staff discount was great but at christmas this became restricted to only allowed to use on our lunch and breaks during our shifts.
Pressure from supervisors to always be cheerful
- 4.0May 7, 2016Christmas Temp Sales AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLeicester, England
The 1/2 price discount and the friendly staff and learning about different ingredients and how products are made.
Standing around waiting to help customers or to be given instructions.1
- 5.0Dec 3, 2019Sales AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearOxford, England
– Lovely management staff – Excellent employee benefits (50% staff discount) – Great ethical values which they stand by
– Pretty tiring work – Extremely busy during holiday periods
- 3.0Feb 28, 2023Sales AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLeeds, England
Good staff discount and team building/training opportunities.
Little room for career progression A bit pushy with sales and customer approaching
- 3.0Mar 11, 2019Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeCardiff, Wales
The company is popular and the 50% staff discount is worth it. Along with new release boxes and we had lots of training.
The management was very unprofessional, actively pulling people off the shop floor to shout at them and always praising their favourites. There was extreme pressure to upsell and be happy 24/7 which can become very mentally draining. Christmas was awful, there was no space to even breathe and so much pressure from management with little or no praise for making it through the busiest days of the year. The atmosphere felt very 'catty' at times with many managers acting like schoolgirls.5
- 5.0Jan 3, 2023Sales AssistantFormer Contractor, less than 1 yearNorthampton, England
Super friendly staff Christmas bonus 50% off discount
Very fast paced especially at Christmas time
- 2.0Dec 19, 2017Sales AssistantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
A fun atmosphere on the shop floor and generous staff discount
Management too pushy Really bland training (you’re supposed to learn on your own)
- 5.0Feb 22, 2021Sales AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
50% off products from Lush
There is products which are excluded from the staff discount like tins and knot wraps as well as bags