Found 44 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "pay was good and products" (in 113 reviews)
- "Great Enironment and People!" (in 84 reviews)
- "The training they provide is good." (in 80 reviews)
- "The 1/2 price discount and the friendly staff and learning about different ingredients and how products are made." (in 64 reviews)
- "All good and great team" (in 56 reviews)
- "Management is bad and very controlling" (in 138 reviews)
- "Managers always watching how well you’re upholding the sales standards which can make the job feel pressured sometimes." (in 76 reviews)
- "One particular supervisor always had something to criticise, you could never do anything right, definitely not someone you could go to for help." (in 34 reviews)
- "Long hours and bad to work into the night" (in 33 reviews)
- "Bullying is rife and head office are aware of the issue but refuse to do anything about it." (in 21 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Lush and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "50 discount"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Apr 12, 2022Sales AssistantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLeeds, England
- Good pay and 50% discount - Some decent products
- Management. Most of them are on a massive power trip. - Forced to take a pushy approach with customers. Even when a customer has expressed they want to shop alone, you’re told to check back in with them soon after. - Lots of bullying. Managers take the side of whoever they like more. - Poor contracts and no chance of a full time contract unless you are in management. - so so so cliquey. - managers pick favourites. - claim to be ethical yet the CEO hosts huge parties each year and flies managers in from all over the world.1
- 3.0Nov 2, 2020Retail Sales AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearGlasgow, Scotland
The 50% staff discount was great but at christmas this became restricted to only allowed to use on our lunch and breaks during our shifts.
Pressure from supervisors to always be cheerful
- 5.0Dec 3, 2019Sales AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearOxford, England
– Lovely management staff – Excellent employee benefits (50% staff discount) – Great ethical values which they stand by
– Pretty tiring work – Extremely busy during holiday periods
- 3.0Mar 11, 2019Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeCardiff, Wales
The company is popular and the 50% staff discount is worth it. Along with new release boxes and we had lots of training.
The management was very unprofessional, actively pulling people off the shop floor to shout at them and always praising their favourites. There was extreme pressure to upsell and be happy 24/7 which can become very mentally draining. Christmas was awful, there was no space to even breathe and so much pressure from management with little or no praise for making it through the busiest days of the year. The atmosphere felt very 'catty' at times with many managers acting like schoolgirls.5
- 1.0Sept 15, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
+ You will meet some lovely and talented people + 50% discount + Remote working
- People leave almost weekly. I've never seen a software company with such high turnover. - Talented people generally have their expertise ignored and slowly become apathetic. - Prepare to make software for the owners, definitely not the customers. - Leadership clearly don't know how to run a software company and struggle with basic structures, practices and even terminology. - Expect your standards to drop. Speed trumps quality and all the ethical standards are just empty words. You'll be embarrassed by what you have to release and even more embarrassed when management are excited and think it's something to boast about. - You will break the law. It will be considered acceptable if it means releasing faster. Who needs to follow data protection and accessibility laws when you're sticking it to big tech. - Deadlines will be dictated with no engineering input and not discussed. You will be expected to work overtime to meet these. - Toxic positivity is rampant. Don't say anything bad it'll be denied, ignored or you'll mysteriously disappear. - Bonus became sales driven but leadership make decisions that damage sales. What company shuts down/insults/obstructs their own site?5
- 4.0Oct 6, 2016Sales AssistantFormer EmployeeBremen, Bremen
If you love the scent and the products, this place is actually paradise. You get 50% employee's discount and can take home a lot of free stuff.
You always have to be present, open and happy. LUSH's motto is "loud & proud", and if you're having a bad day, you better hide it well. If you're a shy person, don't even bother to apply.Lush Response8y
Thank you for your review here, we really enjoy hearing your comments and it sounds like you enjoyed working for the company!
- 1.0Mar 24, 2015Sales AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearGlasgow, Scotland
They have a 50% discount and I was taught a lot about ingredients in products and there benefits.
I was underpaid every month, I was over worked. I was bullied by the manager, rude and discriminative comments. My last bus home was at 8, I wasn't allowed to leave 5 minutes early to make the bus, even though I have health conditions and I had to pay a taxi home which cost more than my months wage. We also had 10 hour shifts with only 2 half an hour breaks. I left, Lush are a con! They only care about how much money they make.3
- 5.0Jan 3, 2023Sales AssistantFormer Contractor, less than 1 yearNorthampton, England
Super friendly staff Christmas bonus 50% off discount
Very fast paced especially at Christmas time
- 5.0Aug 2, 2021Floor LeaderFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsPortland, OR
The 50% discount and helping people find that right products. They also were very hands on and trained their team well. Great company to work for.
It was very emotionally tasking and felt like a very pushy environment at times. Specifically when customers didn’t want to talk to us, we were coached to ask better questions.
- 4.0Aug 26, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
The discount is amazing (50% off most products) and the people are some of the nicest I've ever met. You learn a lot on the job and are encouraged to sample as much as possible. The ethics of the company are admirable.
You're on your feet for hours at a time so your feet, legs, and sometimes whole body can ache after a shift. Hours are sporadic and lunch is quite short. Pressure to push sales.1