Ludia Reviews

Found 53 of over 93 reviews

3.3
Ludia President and CEO  Alex Thabet
Alex Thabet
Pros
  • "Stress free work environment - Nice people(in 7 reviews)

• "Large lounge with couches and bean bags(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Just like in video games, low salary(in 4 reviews)

• "end up working(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Nice place

Jun 9, 2021 - Animator in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work, good benefits, fun team, no rush

Cons

Salary was a bit low, I think they changed with pandemic, games a bit boring (Match-3)

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An amazing place to work and grow as individual but also as a team member!

May 5, 2021 - Support Worker in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Communication, great people to work with, care about everybody, nice perks and benefits, real possibility to grow

Cons

No cons for me, even if we can always improve

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ludia's Pre-retirement Life

Apr 23, 2021 - Developer in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Ludia for several years and I'll be trying to be objective with my review. + My colleagues are amazing. They are nice and super friendly. You can find a lot of good people there. + Even though Ludia works with licences only, projects are pretty descent and it's kinda fun to work with big franchises. + It's a great place to start your career (but not continue lol) + No stress, no overtimes, nothing bad and frustrating happens. Because there is nothing happens at all at Ludia.

Cons

One person said that it was a bunch of people who lived pre-retirement life - and I literally can't say better, bravo! I am thinking about living Ludia soon. To be honest the whole experience has been like a waste of time because working here is quite of upsetting negative experience. People here prefer wasting time over getting things done and been real professional. Also dude if you are real professional, well, I don't recommend you going here because you are going to waste your talents and it's not going to be appreciated much. And I am not surprised that there are so many negative feedbacks. I can actually confirm all of them because it happened to me as well. So please guys if you don't want to waste your years and if you don't want to stop growing as a professional - think first before joining it. Your talent will die here.

3 people found this review helpful

Communications Advisor

Dear Ludian, thank you for your review and honest feedback ! We are taking your comments very seriously and have shared it internally. Since you are still working at Ludia, do not hesitate to talk to your manager/HR Business Partner to share this feedback in more details with them directly or to use our OfficeVibe platform if you are more comfortable to share it anonymously. As you know at Ludia, we do our best to be open and to receive any kind of feedback, so sharing it with us directly will also help us improve as a company! Have a great day !

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Messy Management, below-market compensation

Apr 15, 2021 - Technical Lead in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, acceptable salary, decent benefits. Working towards flexible work arrangements. Employee Safety is put first.

Cons

Terrible management, sub-par compensation package. Currently limited flexible work arrangement (expected to improve).

2 people found this review helpful

Communications Advisor

Thank you for your honest feedback on our company. We are taking your comments very seriously and have shared it internally. Regarding the global compensation package though, we would like to assure you that we review on a yearly basis the salary and benefits according to the market to stay well aligned with our industry. We also always encourage our employees to share with us any feedback as we are aware that our Ludians population’s needs evolve in time. And thank you for mentioning our FLEX program! It will be deployed very soon indeed, giving our employees a 100% flexibility to work from home or from the office!

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not very nice

Apr 15, 2021 - Programmer Junior in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice conditions for work and benefits

Cons

Mean human resource lady, difficult to feel integrated fully

Communications Advisor

Thank you for your review and honesty. We are sorry to hear that you had difficulties integrating and how you felt Ludia was not human enough. One of core values is to put our employees at the heart of everything that we do and that includes their wellbeing at Ludia. In addition to our current actions and programs we are aiming to continuously improve ourselves and every feedback on how to do so is very much appreciated and always taken into account. We are also deeply sorry to hear that you had some difficulties with a Ludia HR member. It may happen sometimes to not get along with someone, and it’s regrettable you experienced that, we have such a diverse HR team at the service of our employees and we assure you we put all our heart on making sure that everyone feels comfortable enough to reach out whenever needed.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee

Bunch of Idiots

Apr 12, 2021 - Ludia Developer in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

They hire fresh meat and once those people realize their worth they quit and go somewhere that actually pays. So I guess you can move up and get tenure easily? That's the pro. Also friday happy hours.

Cons

Literally everything. This company is crooked & useless. I would never download their apps or play their games. Do not support.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Advisor

Thank you for your review ! Since you are still working at Ludia, do not hesitate to talk to your manager/HR Business Partner to share this feedback in more details with them directly or to use our OfficeVibe platform if you are more comfortable to share it anonymously. As you know at Ludia, we do our best to be open and to receive any kind of feedback, so sharing it with us directly will also help us improve as a company.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Cool place

Feb 26, 2021 - Senior Animator in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very respectful, good benefits and salary

Cons

So far so good, nothing to say so far

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bunch of incompetent folks living a pre retirement life

Mar 7, 2021 - Production in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good copycat games. The design team is excellent.

Cons

Nepotism, petty politics, ego trips, lack of process, knee jerk management tactics, lack of foresight, senior folks don’t have a clue of what they are doing.. it’s a bunch of people getting together in meeting rooms and trying really hard to be cutting edge, but really just shooting in the dark. The HR function is abysmal if not altogether absent.

4 people found this review helpful

Communications Advisor

Thank you for your review and honest opinion. We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your experience working with us. At Ludia, we always make sure to have an open door management culture and we often remind employees that they can give us feedback via our different platforms such as slack, OfficeVibe, and regular surveys in addition to managers’ one on one and discussion with HR Business partners. Your feedback is important to us and we are sorry to hear you did not get the support you were expecting. But be sure our diverse HR Team tries its best to answer all the ever growing needs and be as present and available as possible, even during these remote work times.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

A good place to work

Nov 9, 2020 - Data Analyst in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Takes care of its employees

Cons

Depending on the productions maybe the carreer evolution will hit a threshold at a certain point

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall great place to work

Aug 18, 2020 - Community Manager in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team vibe, small enough to get to know everyone and communication is easier. Good benefits and perks, HR is very attentive to employee needs .

Cons

Job level tiers can sometimes be arbitrarily defined depending on the position.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews