Found 73 of over 143 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Ludia and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Oct 31, 2023Gameplay ProgrammerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMontreal, QC
Pays great. Games are simple and standardized. Job is relatively easy. Profit sharing.
Lack of direction. Lack of passion in projects. Money is a major priority over gameplay.
- 2.0Sept 8, 2023Narrative DesignFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsMontreal, QC
was a great place to work. job security and great and talented teams working hard on ftp mobile games.
'we don't make art, we make money'. the corporate overlords who bought this company out seem to follow the 'peter thiel' school of ethics and working with others. it used to be a project failing would lead to placement on another project, now it's mass layoffs and zero fs given to the many many hard working and talented people who made them all that money. ludia is truly no more. it is JC MTL now.
- 5.0Jan 26, 2023Data Analyst/Data ScientistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsMontreal, QC
The environment, the atmosphere, the colleagues, and the culture are the best to have to grow your skills and positive feedback to improve upon or draw satisfaction from. On my sixth workplace this far and Ludia was the best place I had the privilege to work in.
Understandably there is no new game every year. Expect same project for minimum 2 years. Yes, Ludia is the most compassionate company and the place to grow, but expect 2 years minimum before the chance to work on something different.
- 5.0Apr 11, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeMontreal, QC
- Lot of ownership possible - Fun games and colleagues - Great place to start your career
- Salary are below industry average - Workload is moderate to high
- 3.0Feb 20, 2023ProducerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMontreal, QC
great people, good work-life balance
Control freak execs. Now that they are gone and Ludia is owned by Jam City I hope they'll do better
- 3.0Feb 3, 2023Release ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMontreal, QC
Flexible hours Great people Good vacation policy
No sick day policy Poor pay Hard to grow inside the company
- 4.0Aug 28, 2022QA Associate AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMontreal, QC
Environment of the company is very friendly, helps to contribute and build the skills
Salary is low as its a gaming industry1
- 5.0Nov 9, 2021Data ScientistFormer EmployeeMontreal, QC
Ludia prides itself in being a humane company. I did not see employees getting laid off because a game did poorly rather they are transfered to another project. Ludia will work with you to improve upon your skills and growth, both personal and technical, at great lengths unlikely to see anywhere else. I could not find more supportive, kinder, or more courteous colleagues than Ludians. The overall spirit of the people will not be encountered again anytime soon.
The only downside is you get left on the same game, same data, over and over again. There isn't a new project or a new game released once a month or even once a year so patience is required to keep doing the same thing till something different arises which can take 2 years before moving to something new.
- 4.0Jul 25, 20222D Game ArtistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMontreal, QC
- So many benefits to all employees - Great people in all areas of work
- It can be a lot of work, may lead to over time work
Ludia Reviews FAQs
Ludia has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 143 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Ludia to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
83% of Ludia employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ludia 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.