LoveToKnow Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Mar 3, 2019

Found 14 reviews

4.3
Howard Love
  1. "Supportive, collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Writer in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at LoveToKnow part-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to work remotely; supportive management team who seek to get input from all levels of the company; interesting work

Cons

None really other than hard to develop relationships remotely

Advice to Management

Keep what you're doing, it's really nice to work for people who treat all of their staff as important, vital voices in their company's growth.

LoveToKnow2019-03-04
  2. "Wonderful company"

Current Employee - Writer

I have been working at LoveToKnow part-time for less than a year

Pros

This company offers bonus, competitive rate and wonderful supervisors.

Cons

Great place to work. Currently no cons.

LoveToKnow2019-02-26
  3. "An outstanding place to work"

Current Employee - Editorial Assistant in Toledo, OH

I have been working at LoveToKnow full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great hourly pay rate Additional yearly employee education budget Flexible hours and work-from-home option for many positions Supportive and respectful environment between all staff from top to bottom A sense of community beyond simple employment Ideas and input highly encouraged

Cons

Just dealing with time differences sometimes since it's an international company. However, every effort is made to make meetings accessible to everyone. It would also be good if health insurance was available.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep valuing employees as highly as our audience.

LoveToKnow2019-02-26
  4. "Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Editor in Hanover, MN

I have been working at LoveToKnow part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, great management, open to new ideas, high level of integrity, appreciation for creativity

Cons

Remote workspace, so that means you don't get a lot of face-to-face time with coworkers

LoveToKnow2019-02-26
  5. "Amazing Company to work for."

Current Employee - Staff Writer in Jonesboro, GA

I have been working at LoveToKnow part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic support, respect for my area of expertise, recognition for achievement, and so much more.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

LoveToKnow2019-02-27
  6. "Flexible Team Environment"

Current Employee - Staff Writer

I have been working at LoveToKnow part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company encourages personal growth for all employees and provides resources to help, promotes a team environment, allows flexibility in work schedules, pays well, and entrusts employees to work independently.

Cons

Many jobs are not full-time and therefore don't include health benefits, however there are other benefits provided that you won't find at most companies.

LoveToKnow2019-02-26

"Cushy Writing Job, But No Autonomy"

Former Employee - Writer

I worked at LoveToKnow for less than a year

Pros

I love LoveToKnow's emphasis on well-researched, expert articles with authoritative, reliable sources Pay is not bad. They seem to appreciate their writers enough. You get to choose which articles you'd like to write from a list, and when you pitch an approved article, they pay you an extra $15 on top of the base pay per article. Feedback from the editor is usually helpful

Cons

A lot of micromanagement. It feels like the editor is breathing down your neck at times. Each article that you choose from a list comes with a set of instructions that are many times unclear and vague, so when you write up the article, you're required to make several revisions. Editors usually edit for clean copy, grammar, and overall readability, but at LTK, it seems as if they will ask you to re-write the article...

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage your writers. By doing this, you will stifle their creativity, and also promote creative fear. I'll bet they have trouble with retention due to this reason.

LoveToKnow2017-03-29

"Great company!"

I have been working at LoveToKnow for more than 3 years

Pros

My overall experience with LoveToKnow has been very positive. They make me feel part of their team, even as a freelancer. They have a supportive and accessible editorial staff. Their editorial process is flexible yet efficient.

Cons

The only con is the pay rate for writers is on the lower side for the amount of work, research, and expertise expected. This forces me to take on less assignments with them compared to higher-paying clients and makes me more selective about the assignments I take. Having said that, I continue to write for LoveToKnow because I enjoy the types of articles available in my niche and their editorial staff is one of the best...

LoveToKnow2016-10-24
  9. "Best employer overall"

Current Employee - Production Designer in Redmond, OR

I have been working at LoveToKnow full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Flexible work schedule 2. Great pay 3. Paid on time always 4. Terrific management team 5. Terrific engineering team 6. Best editorial team 7. Most outstanding writers 8. Outstanding CEO 9. All team members professional, engaged and highly interested in their work I've worked at LoveToKnow for the last 9 1/2 years. The management team is the best around. The whole LoveToKnow team including the CEO have great...

Cons

Absolutely no cons. This is a dream company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

LoveToKnow2016-09-29
  10. "Strong online media company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at LoveToKnow

Pros

LoveToKnow offers telecommuting employment and freelance positions with true work flexibility for all positions. LoveToKnow owns a number of web sites, so there are a lot of roles/types of work available. They pay consistently and on time.

Cons

The pay rates may not be the highest, but it they are fair and offer a lot of flexibility in return. They have very high standards for writers and expect some subject expertise

Advice to Management

LoveToKnow is a good place to work because it offers great flexibility, honest and kind management. Yes, there have been some hiccups in the past, but it is on a good direction currently.

LoveToKnow2016-06-03