Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2019

3.9
  1. "Enjoyed working there"

Former Freelancer - Volunteer Deputy

I worked at Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk for more than a year

Pros

Pretty much everyone I worked with there was personable, appreciative, helpful and knew their jobs well. I was not there full-time, and I'm sure there would be more to mention here if I were. It was my first experience working for government, and I didn't expect much, so I was pleasantly surprised. I think of my coworkers there often.

Cons

No coffee or other in-house niceties.

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2019-03-29
  2. "Great people"

Former Employee - Clerk in Downey, CA

I worked at Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment of people that gets the job done. Work is management and room for upward mobility given the appropriate effort

Cons

Clerical work can become monotonous and repetitive but overall not much to complain about. Lots of opportunities for extra hours as well

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2017-08-31
  3. "Awesome place to Work!"

Pros

Busy place to work friendly coworkers

Cons

No downsides love working here!

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2017-06-25
  4. "Data Entry Clerk"

Former Employee - Intermediate Clerk

I worked at Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Experience for short assignment

Cons

Temporary assignment. Assisted with Provisional ballots from election 2016

Advice to Management

None

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2017-05-18
  5. "Poll-Worker"

Current Freelancer - Clerk in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk for more than 10 years

Pros

Civic-duty, Service to the Community, Personal Growth, Valuable Experience, Meet people in the Area, Enjoy Coworkers etc.

Cons

Long Hours, Occasional Employment, Irregular Hours,

Advice to Management

Kiosks work better than Handouts.

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2015-10-14
  6. "Great Part of the County to Work for!"

I worked at Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk full-time

Pros

This is a great office. People are really wonderful and want to be at their desk (for the most part). They really appreciate feedback and integrating design thinking into their work culture. Management is awesome--particularly at the higher levels. The executives care about their employees.

Cons

Election season sucks majorly! You will work long arduous hours...but they do have potlucks (depending which floor you are on).

Advice to Management

Hire more people!

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2015-07-14
  7. "Primary Election Inspector"

Former Freelancer - Recorder/County Clerk in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk for less than a year

Pros

As an Inspector I was responsible for the Operation and Implementation of my assigned Polling place as well as directing Clerks before and up to the day of Duty. This also included receiving and taking inventory of all Required Supplies/Inspecting all of them prior to election day (PBR , Ballots, Ballot Boxes and other related items) and if need be acquire replacement supplies/Ballots A great position to take part in the election process, and assist any and all that need help in voting, and gives a glimpse into what goes on behind the scenes with regards to your Vote.

Cons

A very Responsibility heavy position, you are the main conduit between the voter and casting a vote;sometimes frustration on both sides of the desk comes to a head, and one has to maintain calm and helpful. Some are not aware of the amount of Trust given to them in this position, it would be very easy to cut corners here, but not flowing the rules is sometimes a Federal offense.

Advice to Management

So far so good, the training is good for the position, if anything should one not be able to fulfill their duties give your coordinator a call before election day.

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2016-11-03
  8. "Election Day"

Check-in County Clerk in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk for more than a year

Pros

On time with pay. Good group of people I worked with. Our group was organized.

Cons

some supplies were missing on actual day of job. Location wasn't the greatest at times. Customers were sometimes rude.

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2015-12-31
  9. "LA County Elections Bureau"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CA

I have been working at Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Safe from Government furlough Lots of overtime during Election period

Cons

Promotion can be scarce Less likely to keep an outstanding employee

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2015-12-23
  10. "It was okay...."

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Got to meet different people, speak with people.

Cons

Slow day waiting for voters and not having much freedom to move around or take breaks.

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2015-10-28