Loopio Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

4.8
Loopio Co-Founder and CEO Zak Hemraj
Zak Hemraj
Pros
  • "Cohesive senior leadership team with a clear company and product vision moving into 2021(in 7 reviews)

• "The Senior Leadership Team is directly involved in day-to-day activity and the founders have continued to be very approachable(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Other growing pains of an early stage start up(in 4 reviews)

• "Please don’t apply if you’re looking for a cozy 9-5 gig to fund your social life(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

One of a kind place to work

Feb 17, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative, supportive work environment. They are very Employee centric and are always checking in to make sure individuals are feeling happy and motivated. The Senior Leadership Team is smart, motivated, and transparent. They are always investing in their employees to help them level up

Cons

Covid has made it harder to have the same connection with our teammates. That being said, Loopio has done a very good job keeping teams engaged and connected during the shift to remote work.

Co-founder and CEO

Thanks for the review, Looper! It's great to hear your positive feedback about the support and transparency of the SLT — it's something we work very hard at. Regarding sustaining people connections in a remote world, I totally hear you. We'll keep investing in this with initiatives like House Teams, Loopio Hosts, guest speakers, and more. If you have any additional ideas, please don't hesitate to share with me or the People team.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Refreshing Place to Work!

May 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The hiring process is extremely organized and it carries over into your onboarding week. - Onboarding process is very informative, interactive and engaging. - Company wide transparency. - Leaders have a clear vision and truly support their team members in achieving career goals. - Continuously looking at ways to improve and elevate the Loopio experience. - High enthusiasm around employee engagement and recognition. - Remote! (...but I hear there is a very cool office as well). - Fantastic benefits. - Work/life balance, mental health, diversity and inclusion are all very important to the Loopio fam.

Cons

Not able to experience that cool office yet! In all honesty, I don't feel there is anything I can bring up at this time.

3. 5.0

Best Company Culture

May 6, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best place I’ve ever worked. Great company culture with a big focus on growing together. Turned remote during the pandemic, which I’m so grateful for.

Cons

None that I can think of.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A high-growth company that genuinely cares

Jan 4, 2021 - Product Design in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cohesive senior leadership team with a clear company and product vision moving into 2021. Collaborative, respectful alliance between Product Design, Engineering, and Product Management. Open cross-functional team communication & collaboration across the org. World-class people operations team who go the extra mile to take care of employees. Excellent training opportunities for managers.

Cons

Lack of investment in data analytics tools hindering establishing meaningful product metrics that teams can rally behind and impeding data-driven product and design decisions (which it's worth noting that this issue is being addressed in early 2021 by Product leadership). Like many other Canadian tech companies, Loopio is primarily composed of white employees and does not represent the full diverse spectrum of talented humans we have in Toronto. Significant DEI efforts are underway, but DEI best practices need to be embedded into the hiring and employee retention strategies long-term.

Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the positive review, and the candid feedback. And thank you for contributions and impact during your time here. I love that you felt the impact of our cross-functional communication, and I agree that we have a world-class People team — I'm grateful to work with them every day. Your feedback about DEI is extremely important, and as you noted, many initiatives are underway — but we still have lots of work to do! We are working diligently with all leaders on embedding DEI best practices into hiring+retention strategies, and we'll keep validating our efforts with our team and external partners. As you stated, I will continue to do my best to remain open, thoughtful, and transparent as we evolve.

5. 5.0

A Special Company That Leads by Example

Nov 18, 2020 - Customer Enablement Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Authentic senior leadership that is transparent - the why behind those big decision is always communicated clearly and with thoughtfulness - Strong culture that actually leads by their values (candor, grit, mastery, support, curiosity) - I see these values working at Loopio everyday - they're not just marketing plays - Have yet to meet a "brilliant jerk" at Loopio, everyone is whole heartedly amazing in their own way leaving their egos at the door. This speaks volumes to their hiring process - First company I feel like I can be my authentic and best self at. Kudos to my manager in helping me continue to develop and work toward my goals

Cons

- Socially it's been hard making friends, considering I'm totally virtual and have been since I was hired. To be clear, this certainly is not a Loopio thing, I think it's just a harsh reality of starting at a company in the midst of COVID era.

Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review! The most encouraging and validating thing in your note: "I can be my authentic and best self ". This means a lot to me and the leadership team, and it make me so happy to see it reflected in your review. Kudos to your manager indeed! I hear your point about making friends in a virtual world. Even though it's not a Loopio-specific problem, it's still a problem. That's why we're investing across the company (including a dedicated Remote Engagement Manager) to transform the remote working experience at Loopio. Really excited about some of the things we have lined up, and I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Successful company that's people centric

Jan 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Handled transition to work from home incredibly well, solid communication lines and transparency. - Prioritized DEI initiatives as a company-wide business objective - Incredibly smart and ambitious founders that care about people, this spans to senior leadership as well. Experienced leaders in seat. - The best culture I have experienced; open, and supportive. No one is challenging to work with, teams are accountable, routinely updating the company on recent work, and everyone genuinely displays curiosity to do better and learn more. This results in an ever-improving product as well as internal processes that make teams happy. - Successful business that continues to grow quickly - Growing teams and having access to the tools and tech we need - Generous and thoughtful benefits

Cons

- honestly just the retroactive fomo of not having experienced this productive and energizing culture in-person at the Loopio office. I joined after lockdown. Hopefully in the near future!

Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review, and all the positive comments! It's really encouraging to hear your remarks about our culture and communication, given that you joined in a remote world. Sorry to hear you have "retroactive fomo" about the office — I hope you'll be able to have (safe) in-person interactions with Loopers in the near future. Now that we've committed to remote work for the long haul, let's continue to work together to build a world-class remote culture. We have lots of opportunity to improve, and we're just scratching the surface of what's possible!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Place to Work!

Jan 5, 2021 - Product Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every decision is made thoughtfully. From product direction and marketing initiatives to employee policies and hiring, while you might disagree with the choices, there is always why behind the what. Managers are incredibly supportive, and make you feel "covered" in your role. They are your partners, making sure expectations are crystal clear, fighting for your career advancement, and ensuring you have a healthy work-life balance. Throughout Covid-19 there has been no company big or small that I have heard of which has managed the pandemic as well as Loopio. Senior leadership was nimble in their decision-making while employee wellness was always the #1 priority. I felt fully confident in the direction the company was going throughout 2020. I could not be prouder to let people know I work for Loopio!

Cons

There are a million projects going on, and while everyone crushes goals and meets deadlines, there is little time for professional development.

2 people found this review helpful

Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review! I am also very proud of how we came together and persevered through 2020! We did our best work, and it wouldn't have been possible without the contributions of every single Looper. Your feedback about professional development is also top-of-mind for me and the Leadership Team. On top of initiatives like the Personal Mastery Budget, we will be investing in additional areas in 2021 to curate learning experiences for our entire team. As always, please reach out to me or our People team if you have any suggestions.

8. 3.0

Good company, great response to 2020, some issues to work on

Jan 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ Regular communication from senior management via weekly company-wide meetings. + Very open with employee engagement, dedicated to finding safe working solutions for everyone during COVID-19 and beyond. + Nice, small perks like dollars for setting up your home office, and for home internet. Thoughtful gestures that really make a difference. + Emphasis on communication and candor. + Solid product. + Senior management is very approachable, friendly. Not a lot of egos.

Cons

+ While broader communication across the company is good, communication between teams and sometimes in teams is not always great. + Consistency is a problem. + Per the note about candor above, while it is a value, it's not necessarily living up to its potential. Even if you have good reviews and public feedback, there's no real process to ensure you won't be let go out of the blue. It would be great to have more documented/formal feedback processes in place to both evaluate performance and make employees feel more secure in their continued employment.

1 person found this review helpful

Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It's great to see what's resonating with you, including the strength of our product — I'm so proud of what the we've built! Thank you for the constructive feedback as well. We work really hard at consistency and cross-team communication (e.g. SMASH, OKRs), so I'd love to dive in deeper about where you think we're falling short. We have some exciting initiatives planned for 2021, but please let us know if you have any additional ideas. In terms of your feedback on job security, this is something I take very seriously, and I know our management team does, too. We have mechanisms in place like regular 1-on-1s, formal performance reviews, and company wide engagement surveys to get to the heart of this — and make sure every Looper knows where they stand. I know there is room to improve, and we will work hard to improve. If you're open to it, I'd invite you to have a conversation about this topic with your People Partner or me directly. We'd love to chat more.

9. 5.0

First Sales Job

Dec 24, 2020 - Sales in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really thankful to continue to be employed and even promoted during covid - Great management that provides thoughtful and meaningful feedback - Opportunity for learning and growth - Recognition for great work - Loopio has created an inclusive work culture

Cons

- Moving to a digital environment can be isolating at times, but it’s a new reality I’ve had to adjust to - Sales can also be stressful at times ; but it’s evident the managers actually want to help you do well

Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review, and congrats on your promotion! I 100% agree with you on your point about culture + scale. As we continue to grow, the key is staying true to our values, while also being open to reinvention — and this is a #OneTeam effort. I think about it every day, along with our leadership team. Please don't hesitate to share feedback at any point in time if you think we've gone off course.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Everyone is committed to doing great work

Dec 24, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of people when they think about a company think about a great culture, perks, work life balance etc. Well Loopio has all of those things. The thing that I find the most amazing is that every person / colleague I meet is dedicated to doing great work and it makes me want to always strive for more. I’ve done the best work of my career here and aim thankful to have found such a place.

Cons

Nothing major sticks out. Perhaps, on being remote-first, I think it could be advantageous to allow people to live anywhere instead of the hub model.

Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review! I'm thrilled to hear that you've been doing "the best work of your career" at Loopio! Your feedback on geography + remote work is noted, and we'll continue to take this into account as we evolve our Hub Regions and hiring practices.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Reviews