Loopio Reviews

Updated May 4, 2020

4.9
Loopio Co-Founder and CEO Zak Hemraj
Zak Hemraj
  1. "The stepping stones of my career"

Former Employee - Full Stack Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredibly talented, super genuine, and crazy smart people work here - for real! Constant personal growth is ingrained in the culture at Loopio. Expect mentorship from peers and managers, and get used to frank feedback - it’s uncomfortable at first but I guarantee you it will lead to invaluable growth. I can already see the growth take form in my interview performance for new roles. Rather than interviews being QA sessions, they’ve have turned into casual conversations about best practices in tech, software delivery, and ideal work culture...they're kinda fun now?? I feel confident and cool discussing those topics thanks to Loopio.

Cons

I left Loopio to travel and explore new career options, so nothing specific made me leave. The only complaint I'd have is there were some weeks where the work-life balance was a bit hard to manage...but that was pretty rare.

July 5, 2020Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for reflecting on your time at Loopio through this review! We aim to make learning and growth the nucleus of our culture, so reading this is very encouraging. We're so happy to hear that your time at Loopio gave you the experience and skills needed to pursue your next chapter with more confidence.

2. "I felt like a real boy!"

5.0

I worked at Loopio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees are valued across all departments. I had some serious bad times during my employment at Loopio. I had to take time off work for long periods. The HR team was proactive in helping me through those times. I didn't need to chase or ask for anything, Thank you, HR, Unfortunately my time at loopio has ended, though I would still fully recommend them to anyone. Culture Scooters

Cons

It's far too easy to start a company wide clap I once called my boss dad. He grounded me The building.

July 5, 2020Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad that we were able to support you through difficult times, and we appreciate your advocacy for us as an employer. Hope all is well, and please reach back out to our People Operations team if we can be helpful.

"Great company to work for in Toronto"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loopio has a great culture of really caring about its people. First, one of the major benefits I have noticed from working at other startups is a very strong People Operations team. The Senior Director and every member of that team truly work hard to make Loopio an amazing place to work and care about the support and growth of each employee. I've worked at a number of companies that had inexperienced People Operations team so it makes a huge difference to have an experienced team with a strong leader. Second, Loopio has an amazing product that truly makes a difference in the lives of the people that use it. It feels good to contribute to a company that makes a net positive impact. You'll also get to work on complex problems working here and be challenged regularly. Third, from a culture perspective, Loopio is obsessed with continuous growth, and I believe that the founders are good at continuously looking at what we are doing and wondering where we could improve. All in all, I am extremely happy with the culture, challenges, and future outlook at Loopio.

Cons

Being at a high growth stage with strong competition means stakes are high. I don't see this so much as a con, but more something to be aware of.

December 27, 2019Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review! It's incredible to hear about how much you appreciate our People Operations team. We chose to make people and culture the nucleus of our organization from Day 1, and our investment in building a strong People Ops team is a reflection of that decision. I know the entire team will be thrilled to hear this feedback as well. Thank you for your advice regarding giving and receiving feedback, too. This is an extremely important topic as Candor is one of our core values — and to us, that's all about being direct AND respectful. As a result, we are working with a Leadership Trainer to completely revamp our Feedback and Candor training session, and we will be re-training the entire company on the topic. Your suggestions for focus areas are both taken into account in the training. If you have any additional thoughts on how we can evolve this further, please let our People Ops team know.

"I've found my forever home"

Current Employee - Customer Onboarding Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

A genuine culture of collaboration, ownership, and innovation. A lot of processes are still evolving, so you're in at the ground floor of a rapidly growing company. I see a bright future for Loopio, and feel very fortunate to be a part of it.

Cons

There are still growing pains, and you can find yourself wearing many different hats. But I would only consider this a real con if you prefer a more mature and systematized organization.

December 27, 2019Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review! We're also very fortunate that every Looper has chosen to join us on this adventure. As you alluded to, we're constantly evolving with rapid growth, and this will continue to present challenges. Let's work together to always question things, and change processes and systems to support the next chapter of growth. I also take your feedback to heart about keeping a pulse on how people are doing, and I know that the entire Senior Leadership Team shares this feeling. This is why we do regular engagement surveys, AMAs, and check-ins / focus groups. We'll continue to keep these initiatives going, and please let us know if we can do better.

"Award winning startup to launch your career"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A culture where you can bring your best self to work - A company that celebrates the success of its employees - An environment that actively requests staff to contribute their feedback to improve processes and make everyday work better - Founders who are passionate about the goals they founded the company on - An organization structure where you feel comfortable talking to anyone regardless of their job title or tenure with the company - Great job perks that incentivize you to build your professional skills and personalize your work space

Cons

- The location downtown is quirky and eclectic, but there's some rough patches of characters that typically outside the office

November 18, 2019Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the taking the time to write this review! It's amazing to see how connected and motivated you feel at Loopio — it's always our hope that every initiative helps amplify these emotions in every Looper. We have many more milestones and celebrations ahead! I also appreciate your feedback about our office location. We love our space and neighbourhood, and we also want to ensure everyone feels comfortable. I will personally work with our Operations team to explore some additional enhancements. If you have any specific ideas, please share them with us, too.

"Amazing place to grow and develop"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

- 20 vacation days (prorated) and benefits from the day you start. - flexible schedule - annual $1000 mastery budget - monthly lunches - great culture - transparency on company path - lots of good mentorship to kickstart your career - great location, it's near Kensington Market

Cons

Little to none qualms from this company. One thing though is the ladder growth of a developer is not yet well defined but they are currently working to improve it when I left.

October 20, 2019Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for reviewing your Loopio experience! Our goal is to make your time at Loopio the cornerstone of your career — so it's great to see that you found value in initiatives that supported your learning and growth. We also appreciate your feedback around career development tracks for different roles. As our company continues to grow (rapidly), this is an ongoing focus for our leadership team. Wishing you all the best in your next adventure!

"Loving Loopio"

Current Employee - Business Operations in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly, supportive colleagues - Lots of social events with opportunities to branch out of your own department - Meaningful work with well-built processes in place - No BS culture built on transparency and giving feedback - Neighbourhood has lots of food options

Cons

- Benefits aren't comprehensive - The office is freezing sometimes!

October 20, 2019Co-founder and CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Looper! Reading your list of pros is very energizing and validating — especially the part about transparency and feedback. It's so important that we continue to keep the lines of communication open as we grow quickly, because there is no room for misalignment when growing at this pace. I still think we can do a better job, and I will continue to work with everyone to push our limits of transparency and alignment. Regarding your feedback on benefits, we will be launching an annual benefits survey later this year to better understand how we can optimize things going forward. We'd greatly appreciate your candid feedback when this goes live. And with respect to guest speakers and learning, we recently launched a regular speaker series as part of Loopio Learns, along with many other learning initiatives. Stay tuned — the first one is coming up real soon! As always, please continue to share your feedback with us, and let us know if these initiatives are making an impact.

"Truly rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart & ambitious people to work with, evolving challenges to solve, strong product/market fit, capable leadership, respect for employees

Cons

Nothing major aside from typical challenges of growing quickly

July 15, 2019Co-founder and CEO

Thanks for your review, Looper! Really appreciate the qualities of Loopio you highlighted; especially when it comes to our people. As you noted, let's continue to work together to evolve our culture as our team grows and get ahead of challenges. We can't do it without everyone's feedback!

"Great place to collaborate and grow!"

Current Employee - Director, Customer Success in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am consistently awed by the talented, collaborative, genuine, and passionate group of people I get to surround myself with every day at Loopio. With a combination of candor and supportiveness, I've seen myself, and those around me grow and scale at a pace I never would have imagined possible. Each Looper comes with their own unique skillset and background — allowing everyone to constantly learn not just from a few isolated leaders, but from the hundred-plus Loopers they interact with each day. I can't imagine a better place to invest my time. We have the best customers I've encountered in my life, and working as a team to make them successful is wildly fulfilling. I'm grateful every day to be a Looper.

Cons

Loopio is the kind of workplace that will push you to grow and improve yourself. If you aren't comfortable genuinely challenging yourself to grow, Loopio might not be the right fit.

July 15, 2019Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the heart-warming review! It's so amazing to see you reflect on your personal growth during your time here. You're right, we do have the best customers in the world! Thanks for working hard to delight them every single day :)

"A company that supports growth"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Passionate about learning, wellness, culture.

Cons

Culture is fairly geared towards extroverts, though this has gotten better as the company's grown.

June 23, 2019Co-founder and CEO

Thanks for your review, Looper! It's great to hear that learning and wellness are at the center of your Loopio experience. I appreciate your feedback about how our culture can resonate more with certain personality types — and how this has positively evolved as we've grown. We first received this feedback a few years back, and we've been working hard to diversify our company initiatives as much as possible. We'll continue to work at this every day, so please share any feedback you have with your leaders or the People Ops team.

Found 34 reviews