Loopio Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2021

4.8
Loopio Co-Founder and CEO Zak Hemraj
Zak Hemraj
  1. "Successful company that's people centric"

I have been working at Loopio full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Handled transition to work from home incredibly well, solid communication lines and transparency. - Prioritized DEI initiatives as a company-wide business objective - Incredibly smart and ambitious founders that care about people, this spans to senior leadership as well. Experienced leaders in seat. - The best culture I have experienced; open, and supportive. No one is challenging to work with, teams are accountable, routinely updating the company on recent work, and everyone genuinely displays curiosity to do better and learn more. This results in an ever-improving product as well as internal processes that make teams happy. - Successful business that continues to grow quickly - Growing teams and having access to the tools and tech we need - Generous and thoughtful benefits

Cons

- honestly just the retroactive fomo of not having experienced this productive and energizing culture in-person at the Loopio office. I joined after lockdown. Hopefully in the near future!

January 12, 2021Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review, and all the positive comments! It's really encouraging to hear your remarks about our culture and communication, given that you joined in a remote world. Sorry to hear you have "retroactive fomo" about the office — I hope you'll be able to have (safe) in-person interactions with Loopers in the near future. Now that we've committed to remote work for the long haul, let's continue to work together to build a world-class remote culture. We have lots of opportunity to improve, and we're just scratching the surface of what's possible!

2. "Incredible Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Every decision is made thoughtfully. From product direction and marketing initiatives to employee policies and hiring, while you might disagree with the choices, there is always why behind the what. Managers are incredibly supportive, and make you feel "covered" in your role. They are your partners, making sure expectations are crystal clear, fighting for your career advancement, and ensuring you have a healthy work-life balance. Throughout Covid-19 there has been no company big or small that I have heard of which has managed the pandemic as well as Loopio. Senior leadership was nimble in their decision-making while employee wellness was always the #1 priority. I felt fully confident in the direction the company was going throughout 2020. I could not be prouder to let people know I work for Loopio!

Cons

There are a million projects going on, and while everyone crushes goals and meets deadlines, there is little time for professional development.

January 10, 2021Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review! I am also very proud of how we came together and persevered through 2020! We did our best work, and it wouldn't have been possible without the contributions of every single Looper. Your feedback about professional development is also top-of-mind for me and the Leadership Team. On top of initiatives like the Personal Mastery Budget, we will be investing in additional areas in 2021 to curate learning experiences for our entire team. As always, please reach out to me or our People team if you have any suggestions.

3. "A high-growth company that genuinely cares"

Former Employee - Product Design in Toronto, ON

I worked at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cohesive senior leadership team with a clear company and product vision moving into 2021. Collaborative, respectful alliance between Product Design, Engineering, and Product Management. Open cross-functional team communication & collaboration across the org. World-class people operations team who go the extra mile to take care of employees. Excellent training opportunities for managers.

Cons

Lack of investment in data analytics tools hindering establishing meaningful product metrics that teams can rally behind and impeding data-driven product and design decisions (which it's worth noting that this issue is being addressed in early 2021 by Product leadership). Like many other Canadian tech companies, Loopio is primarily composed of white employees and does not represent the full diverse spectrum of talented humans we have in Toronto. Significant DEI efforts are underway, but DEI best practices need to be embedded into the hiring and employee retention strategies long-term.

January 10, 2021Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the positive review, and the candid feedback. And thank you for contributions and impact during your time here. I love that you felt the impact of our cross-functional communication, and I agree that we have a world-class People team — I'm grateful to work with them every day. Your feedback about DEI is extremely important, and as you noted, many initiatives are underway — but we still have lots of work to do! We are working diligently with all leaders on embedding DEI best practices into hiring+retention strategies, and we'll keep validating our efforts with our team and external partners. As you stated, I will continue to do my best to remain open, thoughtful, and transparent as we evolve.

4. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

An amazing group of people working towards a common goal. Great culture, perks, and benefits.

Cons

Not as diverse as they could be. there aren't many people of color however the company is proactively working to solve the gap.

January 10, 2021Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review, Looper. Your feedback about diversity is extremely important, and I agree that we are making strides forward — but we still have a lot more work to do. In 2020, initiatives like professional DEI training, focused partnerships (e.g. with BPTN), and our anonymous DEI survey helped set an important foundation. We are committed to long term, sustainable change, and I'm proud of how receptive every Looper has been. I'm excited to make even more progress in 2021, and get everyone aligned on where we are headed. Please continue to share feedback with me and your leaders as we learn and unlearn together.

5. "Great place to grow your career!"

Current Employee - People Operations

I have been working at Loopio full-time

Pros

There are an endless amount of opportunities to grow! Loopio hires smart, hard-working, collaborative, and thoughtful people. It is a great environment to progress your career and learn from others.

Cons

Being a growing startup it can be a very fast-paced environment and this isn't for everyone. There are a lot of times where teams are doing things for the first time and learning as they go. We get excited about this and work hard together to figure out the best approach. If this isn't something that excites you then this may not be the right environment for you.

January 10, 2021Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review! We've always aimed to make Loopio a growth-oriented workplace, with growth-oriented people — and I'm glad this is connecting with you!

6. COVID-19

"One of the best software companies to work at."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Super stable business. For a tech startup, there's a strong market/need--you're not building a category here or trying to find product/market fit. There's lots of potential and lots of interest in investment, so it feels more stable and secure than other tech companies. The leaders are also very fiscally responsible. It's a very mature start up that is still focused on growth and being nimble--but without the fear of running out of cash or runway every quarter. -Great company culture. The people operations team works really hard to plan fun celebrations, support employees mental health, etc. From an employee experience perspective, it's hard to find a more thoughtful team. They really try to understand Loopers and help them work better. They also did an incredible job helping every shift to remote work during COVID, keeping our culture alive online, communicating changes, etc. Everyone hired is pretty humble and great to work with as well. -The leaders and founders are awesome. They don't micromanage, which can be a huge problem for other founders and start ups. They really want team leads and managers to thrive and run things their way . Also, they truly care about creating a great company for people to work at--not just hitting sales targets. They're all pretty accessible and friendly, too. They're also usually pretty aligned with one another, which makes thing easier between teams.

Cons

-Sometimes, there's been a slight lack of unity and/or focus in our OKRs and priorities across the company/ different teams--but this has been improving each quarter. A bit more cohesion between functions could unlock more growth, make it easier to prioritize the right things, etc. -There's lots to juggle, so sometimes work-life balance is hard to achieve, depending on your role level. We're encouraged to do what we need to do to take care of ourselves, but with so many demands, it can be hard to walk away at the end of each day. Continuing to improve on focus and prioritization top-down could help with this. -Sometimes it has felt like leadership takes a long time to make decisions on stuff that seems fairly obvious or simple to do. I will say that they've adapted super quickly to COVID-19, and I think working through all of the changes and uncertainty associated with the pandemic has made them stronger decision makers and leaders in this regard.

January 10, 2021Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough, thoughtful, and helpful review! I'm happy to hear that our stability resonates with you — we aim to drive strong decision-making across all of leadership, while still paying attention to new growth opportunities. All of the points you made about cross-functional collaboration and cohesion are spot-on. Our approach to OKRs will be evolving even more in 2021, and I'm excited to roll this out to everyone over the coming weeks. "Focus" will continue to be the key to our success, so let's hold each other accountable to that.

7. "Best decision I ever made was to join Loopio"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for less than a year

Pros

A product that is truly a must-have Amazing people throughout the company United long term vision that is consistently shared across the org People caring Founders Good career progression opportunities, you can own your career progression through engaging your manager, People team, and Senior leadership Leaders who love to `coach and give feedback An ability to influence change in your team and the customer journey

Cons

Remote connections are more challenging outside of your team Benefits are good and improving, but there is still room to improve Need quarterly targets set and communicated before the quarter starts that impact an person's compensation

January 10, 2021Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review, Looper! I'm very happy to hear about how supported you feel by your manager and the entire leadership team. In terms of your feedback, we've worked hard to evolve our benefits program as our team has grown and evolved. Please continue to share your feedback with our People team about where we can improve, and the the impact it could have — and we will continue to take this into account. On your last point about proactive sharing and communication of targets — this is a large focus for us this year, so I appreciate you shining a spotlight. Please let us know how we're doing over the next couple quarters, or if you have any new ideas.

8. "Everyone is committed to doing great work"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Loopio full-time

Pros

A lot of people when they think about a company think about a great culture, perks, work life balance etc. Well Loopio has all of those things. The thing that I find the most amazing is that every person / colleague I meet is dedicated to doing great work and it makes me want to always strive for more. I’ve done the best work of my career here and aim thankful to have found such a place.

Cons

Nothing major sticks out. Perhaps, on being remote-first, I think it could be advantageous to allow people to live anywhere instead of the hub model.

January 10, 2021Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review! I'm thrilled to hear that you've been doing "the best work of your career" at Loopio! Your feedback on geography + remote work is noted, and we'll continue to take this into account as we evolve our Hub Regions and hiring practices.

9. COVID-19

"First Sales Job"

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Really thankful to continue to be employed and even promoted during covid - Great management that provides thoughtful and meaningful feedback - Opportunity for learning and growth - Recognition for great work - Loopio has created an inclusive work culture

Cons

- Moving to a digital environment can be isolating at times, but it’s a new reality I’ve had to adjust to - Sales can also be stressful at times ; but it’s evident the managers actually want to help you do well

January 10, 2021Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for the review, and congrats on your promotion! I 100% agree with you on your point about culture + scale. As we continue to grow, the key is staying true to our values, while also being open to reinvention — and this is a #OneTeam effort. I think about it every day, along with our leadership team. Please don't hesitate to share feedback at any point in time if you think we've gone off course.

10. COVID-19

"Good company, great response to 2020, some issues to work on"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Loopio full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ Regular communication from senior management via weekly company-wide meetings. + Very open with employee engagement, dedicated to finding safe working solutions for everyone during COVID-19 and beyond. + Nice, small perks like dollars for setting up your home office, and for home internet. Thoughtful gestures that really make a difference. + Emphasis on communication and candor. + Solid product. + Senior management is very approachable, friendly. Not a lot of egos.

Cons

+ While broader communication across the company is good, communication between teams and sometimes in teams is not always great. + Consistency is a problem. + Per the note about candor above, while it is a value, it's not necessarily living up to its potential. Even if you have good reviews and public feedback, there's no real process to ensure you won't be let go out of the blue. It would be great to have more documented/formal feedback processes in place to both evaluate performance and make employees feel more secure in their continued employment.

January 10, 2021Co-founder and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It's great to see what's resonating with you, including the strength of our product — I'm so proud of what the we've built! Thank you for the constructive feedback as well. We work really hard at consistency and cross-team communication (e.g. SMASH, OKRs), so I'd love to dive in deeper about where you think we're falling short. We have some exciting initiatives planned for 2021, but please let us know if you have any additional ideas. In terms of your feedback on job security, this is something I take very seriously, and I know our management team does, too. We have mechanisms in place like regular 1-on-1s, formal performance reviews, and company wide engagement surveys to get to the heart of this — and make sure every Looper knows where they stand. I know there is room to improve, and we will work hard to improve. If you're open to it, I'd invite you to have a conversation about this topic with your People Partner or me directly. We'd love to chat more.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 English Reviews