Long View Systems Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 18, 2020

Found 32 of over 305 reviews

4.0
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison
Pros
  • "You get to work with competent and great people(in 20 reviews)

• "Good benefits/training incentives(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance is basically non-existent even though leadership attempts to preach it(in 19 reviews)

• "You are just a money making machine to them until you are no longer in their best interest(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great company

Mar 1, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

There is No downsides working here

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks so much for stopping by to post this short review on us! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with us so far. If there's anything you feel that we can improve on, please don't hesitate to connect with your People Services Advisor or Manager. Thanks for all you do!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

System Consultant, Cyber Security

Dec 18, 2020 - Cyber Security Analyst in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance is here

Cons

Not applicable at least for me

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to write this review on your time spent with us! We are sorry to see you go but want to thank you for all you did while you were here. Best of luck in your new role!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jan 10, 2020 - Account Manager in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Serious about work life balance, career progression, amazing people, team oriented

Cons

Silos throughout the business that limit ability to scale successful service delivery internally and externally

Talent Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time with us! Our focus on work / life balance and career progression and a team of amazing people is what sets our culture apart from other companies. We would like to hear your ideas on how we can extend our successful service delivery so please speak with your Manager or People Services Manager so that we can learn more . Thanks for all you do for us!

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Try to change, but execution is poor at best

Feb 28, 2019 - Team Lead in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company Christmas party Other colleagues are great to work with

Cons

Work/life balance is basically non-existent even though leadership attempts to preach it. They talk about getting free training every quarter, but either you don't have time for it because of your crappy work-life balance, or it never gets approved - even though it is marked as an expense to calculate your bonus. Inconsistent messaging around incentives and how they are figured out. Some support teams are well off in relation to coverage, while others are barely surviving. Management put all the "cookies" into a single individual for a single client and then expect you to do everything and then some. The idea of going to a centralized service model is mind-boggling considering clients were complaining about the delivery of those services. Salaries are sub par based on current markets

8 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi there, thanks for spending 8 years with us and for all you did while you were here. We wished we were reading a more positive review of your experience and also that we could have had a chance to address and rectify your concerns while you were still a part of our team. Will you please call our SVP of People Services at 403-515-6900 so you and she can have a conversation about this? We strive for an exceptional employee experience and value feedback from both current and former employees as to how to make that happen.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Great Introduction to Corporate IT..

Aug 28, 2019 - Systems Analyst in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of support from Management and HR. Great schedule with amazing work life balance. Excellent compensation package.

Cons

nothing currently comes to mind.

Talent Brand Specialist

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so glad that you feel supported and are experiencing the work / life balance that we strive for our employees to have! If you have any further feedback or suggestions for us, please connect with your Manager or People Services Advisor. Thanks for all you do for us!

6. 3.0

System Analyst

Nov 12, 2019 - Systems Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance good company to work for

Cons

company is only good for starters

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there and thanks for the brief review on the time spent with us so far! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the work / life balance that we offer and the other great benefits of working here. We would like to learn more about your comment on Long View being 'only good for starters' as we encourage career growth and offer many opportunities to make that happen. Can you please connect with your People Services Advisor so that you can learn more about how to progress your career at Long View? We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks for all you do!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A forward-thinking, sustainable company, built on a great vision

Apr 15, 2016 - Senior Client Service Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long View is a special organization, built on Don Bialik's vision nearly 17 years ago, that I and many others reap the benefits and rewards from. It takes great courage and passion to stick to one's principles and beliefs and to create something that puts people first and offers them an opportunity to grow and enjoy a fulfilling career. Don has certainly achieved that lofty goal. Long View is truly the best company I’ve ever worked for and it really is by and large due to the amazing people I work with. I feel very proud to be a part of Long View and am grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of the business. I look forward to many more years with Long View and contributing in a bigger way to its continued success. The best is certainly yet to come.

Cons

The bar is set really high for the senior management team and really everyone who works for long View. Expectations and demands therefore come with the job. Consequently, work-life balance isn't always easy to achieve or maintain. This struggle is no different to any other company I've worked for and comes with the territory in the Technology sector.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing! We are so happy that you are (and have been) enjoying your time spent with us so far; we hope that the next 5 years are just as rewarding to you. While we do strive for a solid work / life balance for all of our employees, including our Client Service Managers, we understand that sometimes the demands of the IT industry can be high. We do want to ensure that you are keeping that balance, though, so may we suggest that we connect with your local People Services Advisor to come up with some action items to get that to where it should be? Alternatively, please connect with our Director of People Services in our Head Office as she would also be happy to help you bring that balance back to the way it should be at Long View Systems!

8. 3.0

Better than most

Dec 18, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Entrepreneurial- welcomes new ideas and appreciates initiative Prior to 2015, best culture I've ever experienced. Culture has changed in 2015 given the economic conditions and the need to be in survival mode. Hope the awesome culture returns once the economy rebounds. Lots of opportunities to connect with those in your department as well as those in the branch- parties, drink nights, team meetings, MGMs, game nights, coffees, etc. My Manager truly cares about me and my well being. Used to have lots of great training opportunities and programs, this has decreased in 2015. Again, hope it returns when the economy rebounds.

Cons

Culture has shifted away from being people focused towards being profit focused given the economic conditions. This has been a big adjustment and not overly pleasant. Hope this isn't the new norm. Lots of lay offs this past year, has certainly impacted moral and therefore there is no longer a sense of job security. This would have been an easier pill to swallow if it had been communicated properly (or at all). No looking for promises of jobs, just insight into the plan (and that there is a plan), that Long View will survive (because I believe it will). Lack of work-life balance. You have to push back otherwise you will be working 60+ hours per week and that will become what's expected of you. Lack of communication throughout the organization.

3 people found this review helpful

People Services Manager

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinions on Long View. We're very happy to hear that the culture at Long View is the best you've experienced during your career; our culture is truly the foundation of the company, and we have worked hard to instill it in all of our branch offices. 2015 was a difficult year for Long View, however we are optimistic about 2016 and are working on several new initiatives that will continue to improve communication throughout the organization. We will be taking your comments into consideration as we move forward into this new year; we appreciate your feedback and thank you for being here!

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Seems to be going downhill, fast

Dec 10, 2014 - PMO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long View prides itself on offering career progression and work-life balance - which (in my experience) they deliver on. I love the staff, and am usually happy to go to work int he morning.

Cons

In my opinion Long View is Top Heavy. I feel like we are constantly tightening our belts, cracking down on expenses, and shortening leashes - yet at the same time they are constantly promoting senior leadership. The average consultant feels underpaid (compared to market value), yet there are more than 1 executive per 100 employees. And that's not counting the numerous "Directors" and "Managers" do. We are also Internal role heavy. In the past year I have seen a number of internal support teams grow significantly, but their contribution hasn't (People Services, Resourcing, Finance, etc.) These are cost centers that don't earn any profit for the company.

13 people found this review helpful

Corporate Recruiter

Your feedback is appreciated. We take all comments seriously and will take yours into consideration. Thank you.

10. 3.0

Accounts payable clerk

Dec 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance, flexibility, good benefits

Cons

Management, employee turnover,

Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi there and thanks for this brief review on us. We are happy to hear of your appreciation for our work/life balance, flexibility and great benefits! We would like to learn more about your comment "Management" in the Cons list as we always want to improve where we can and more information will help us do so. Can you please connect with your People Services Advisor or Manager? We looking forward to continuing the conversation and thanks for all you do!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews