Long View Systems Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated May 10, 2020

3.5
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison
Pros
  • "You get to work with competent and great people(in 20 reviews)

• "work life balance, flexibility, good benefits(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is basically non-existent even though leadership attempts to preach it(in 19 reviews)

• "Middle-management and on-site managers consistently struggle to figure out the technologies their customers need and provide a comprehensive plan(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews

"System Consultant"

5.0
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- great people to work with - 4 pillars - benefits - engaging work - focus on training

Cons

Really nothing. Some personal preference choices which they really can't do anything about. Also my negative business outlook is not related to the company but the oil patch slump.

Long View Systems2015-09-12

September 16, 2015People Services Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, and for sharing your thoughts about your time with our company. We are happy to hear that you considered our 4 pillars a pro of working at Long View; we incorporate them every day in all that we do! We strive to have an open door policy at Long View, and encourage feedback to employees on a consistent basis, but will absolutely take your comments into consideration. Thank you for the years you spent with us!

2. "Good but needs improvement in some areas"

4.0
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When the economy if good, you can work for multiple clients whether in Managed Services or Projects. Co-workers are generally nice. You get to work with competent and great people. Overall, I would recommend.

Cons

Compensation could be better. Can be difficult to advance.

Long View Systems2020-05-11

May 12, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience on your time with us! It's great that you enjoyed the work you did and that you appreciated your co-workers too. Our goal is to provide a No Regrets Career for our employees and we are disappointed that you didn't get to experience that. Would you be interested in sharing more with our SVP of People Services so we can learn how we may be able to improve? If so, please call her at 403-515-6900. Thanks for everything you did for us and we wish you the best of luck in your new role!

"Slightly Above Industry Average"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A company with positive vision, and they mean well. Many great people at this company around North America. A good place to earn your spurs in the industry. Average compensation but unequal, raises do not even match inflation.

Cons

Power remains in Calgary, and local branches and generally treated like outcasts. The Career Life Planning program is all talk, while it has been successful for many in the past it is all talk now.

Long View Systems2019-07-21

July 22, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time with us over the past 5+ years. We are sorry to see you go and sorry that you didn't get the experience that was intended for your Career Life Planning sessions. Although we always reassess and look to improve our internal programs, we have had and continue to have success with our CLPs - we are saddened that you did not experience that . Your feedback on how you felt like you weren't part of our company being in our Toronto branch, and how you felt you weren't fairly compensated, have been shared with our Executive Team. We want to make sure that wherever our employees are based, the experience is consistent and a positive one. We wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor. Thanks for all you did while you were here!

4. "Organization has great people and culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Organization has great people and culture

Cons

Lots of unpaid overtime - just an incentive bonus.

Long View Systems2019-01-01

January 8, 2019Recruitment Communications Specialist

Thanks for stopping in and posting this short review on us. We are pleased that you appreciated our culture and team! We would have liked to discuss your comments on overtime as we strive for work / life balance and fair compensation. If you would like to continue the conversation, please call our Senior VP of People Services at 403-515-6900. Thanks for all you did for us and best of luck in your new endeavour!

"Great people"

4.0
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

working with great people and great culture

Cons

hard to move up in the company

Long View Systems2018-08-14

August 16, 2018Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi there and thanks for your quick review on us! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the people you work with. We do too! Can you please tell us more about "hard to move up in the company"? We have a strong focus on career progression at Long View and utilize our Career Life Planning process to assist with this. Please speak with your People Services Advisor or Manager so that we can make sure you are getting the most out of your career with us! Thanks for all you do.

"Good Company"

in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems for more than 3 years

Pros

Great People, great atmosphere and great clients

Cons

Small Salary, they should pay more

Long View Systems2017-02-24

March 1, 2017Team Lead, People Services

Thanks for posting this review! We’re happy to hear that you enjoy the people at Long View, as well as the work atmosphere and our clients. We strive for an environment where all employees feel good about coming to work and feel a sense of unity. Regarding salary and training opportunities, we value this feedback and we encourage you to address these concerns in your next Career/Life Planning Session. These meetings are designed for feedback and to promote open conversation about the things that are important to you and your progression. If this isn’t the right setting for you, please reach out to your People Services Advisor as we would welcome the chance to speak with you and learn more about your experience. Our doors are always open!

"Worst Job, no value for employees and no appreciation for hard workers."

Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lower level employees are great. Know what their doing and do it well. Met some great people and will continue to be friends with them moving forward!

Cons

Sadly as management has no idea what their doing, they tend to bounce around quite a bit. Move towards a concept, dislike it and move back. Additionally, there is definitely a high school mentality. Their version of a promotion is a lateral move with no pay increase but additional expenses out of your pocket citing "annual cost of living increase" which never happens. As a company, you can tell they have come a long way. Their cheap recruiting strategy has filled their management ranks with folks who don't know what they are doing and could care less. At the end of the day, employees who are disliked get thrown under the bus. Their training program is designed to benefit the company but not you or its clients. Absolute waste of time. They pride themselves on 4 core pillars. Competency, Integrity, Value and Fun. While they have the fun down, they over charge their clients, under pay and poorly treat their employees so no value. Their management lacks integrity to admit when they have made a mistake. They lack the Competency to realize when they have made major mistakes. A few months back, Don Bialik (Founder and Owner) came to Edmonton and blatantly lied to all employees advising that no one would be let go as the result of the oil crisis. This at the time was obviously not true and later own, major cut backs occurred. This shows 0 integrity and no appreciation for hard working employees. The Executive team has it in their mind that they want to reach the 100 year mark. Based on their current path, I'd say it's an exaggeration to see them around in 2025. There are quite a few great initiatives going but they are exactly that, initiatives. Minimal follow through and no follow up.

Long View Systems2015-10-19

November 5, 2015People Services Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions about Long View. We’re happy to hear that you made some lasting relationships during your time at Long View that will continue even though you have left the company. We take pride in all of the people we have working here. While no company is perfect, we are working on a daily basis to improve our processes, while always keeping in mind, and demonstrating, our four core values. It sounds like you have concerns about several areas of the company. We’d like to communicate with you in a way that is more interactive than simply responding via Glassdoor, so please reach out to our People Services Director at (403) 515-6900 as we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you anytime. We wish you the best of luck in your next opportunity outside of Long View.

"Caution, not for everyone"

Former Employee - Other in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

As with many companies, there are some great people.

Cons

Incentive pay is a sham, no one can give you a straight answer on how its calculated. If you challenge the norm you get blacklisted very quickly, only the "chosen" few succeed. Annual pay increase are decided by the branch management behind closed doors and yes it's a popularity contest and not based the quality or quantity of work you did throughout the year. The head office is filled with clones. Reviews on this site are monitored and when a negative review is written other positive ones are written to falsely maintain the review rating. Imagine what the true rating would be... In short... I did not experience the "no regrets career" and I didn't see many who did.

Long View Systems2015-09-20

October 9, 2015People Services Manager

Thank you for your review; we are sorry to hear you did not have a "no regrets" experience at Long View as we absolutely strive to make that a reality for all of our employees. Annual increases are based on an employee's performance and are shaped around our core company values; the process is designed to be consistent for everyone. We read all of the comments posted on Glassdoor and utilize some of the suggestions and feedback to make changes within the company. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

"Lacking integrity, credibility and honesty"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Edmonton, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- working with great people who I have made some lifetime friends with - when you get a bit of a push on your career it can be fun

Cons

- too many middle men to get to the person you need an answer from - very clique environment - you don't have much say on your career path - meetings about having future meeting seems like a waste of time - meetings that are booked on your days off and then your team lead wonders why you weren't there - requests for certain shifts are considered and then given to other employees - seeing the middle management guys have fun and goof off while you are working hard at getting things done is a morale drop

Long View Systems2015-07-17

July 24, 2015Recruitment Communications Specialist

At Long View we strive to maintain our fun culture by encouraging team building and career progression. We are glad that you made strong friendships that you will keep even though you are no longer with us. We will make sure to pass this feedback onto local leaders in our Edmonton branch. If you wanted to provide any feedback further feedback, we would be very happy to hear it. Feel free to reach out to our People Services Manager, Edmonton at 780-969-3800 or our Director, People Services at 403-515-6900. We wish you the best of luck in your new role!

"Fast growing organization, privately owned and operate, based heavily in Western Canada"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, catered lunch, people want to be there and make a difference

Cons

Goals and objectives are unclear, perhaps to the frontline staff. Collaboration is done with selected individuals, rank may not make a difference unless if you have close relationships with the top.

Long View Systems2015-05-07

May 14, 2015Recruitment Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and for the 8+ years you dedicated to our company. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Your advice will be taken to heart. We wish you the best of luck in the next chapter of your career!

Found 20 reviews