Long View Systems Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Nov 14, 2019

3.5
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance is basically non-existent even though leadership attempts to preach it(in 19 reviews)

• "Middle-management and on-site managers consistently struggle to figure out the technologies their customers need and provide a comprehensive plan(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work at"

5.0
    Current Contractor - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems for less than a year

Pros

- Great, knowledgeable co-workers. - Good benefits/training incentives - Great corporate culture

Cons

- Lack of healthy drinks (Only sugary pop drinks)

September 19, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there! Thanks so much for your feedback. We are happy that you are enjoying your time with us and that you appreciate the amazing minds that we have here at Long View. We are surprised by your comment about the sugary soda, though! We very much encourage a healthy lifestyle and are proud to offer other selections such as water, sparkling water, juice, herbal tea and V8. If you can't locate these selections, please check with your People Services Advisor and they will help you. Thanks for all you do for us!

"Disorganized"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Profitable company with big enterprise clients. Good People Services team. Good benefits and flexibility.

Cons

The experience will depend on what department you join. Technical roles may have a better leadership in comparison to other corporate roles, after all that is where the company profits and invests the most. There is stagnancy when it comes to internal process innovation even though there's very apparent gaps, this is likely due to long term middle management having limited ideas and beliefs. For a large organization, there does seem to be a disorganized pace of delivery.

November 14, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there and thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy that you appreciated the flexibility, benefits and People Services Team that we have at Long View. We are sorry that it didn't work out for you with us but wish you the best of luck in your next role.

"A good company for entry level employee"

4.0
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

A good company to work within short time. Good benefits

Cons

Poor salary, and no space to grow

July 9, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for stopping in to share your feedback with us. We aren't just an employer for entry level employees; we believe in career progression and training for our employees and want to make sure that you are benefiting from that! Have you spoken with your People Services Advisor about your concerns? We would like to be able to change your view on us. In the meantime, thanks for all you do for us!

"WORST COMPANY EVER"

1.0
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

just Good benefits. no other words for Pros.

Cons

Worst HR/administration. BIG RACIST Company. Only for Whites. No lunch space. No respect for long term employee. Very low salary. more work. $40,000 for a systems consultant / 1st level IT help desk. More work, more stress.

July 15, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

We are saddened to read this review and disappointed that you feel this way about your time with us. We take your feedback very seriously as we do not tolerate racism in our company. Please call or email our Sr. VP of People Services, Tasha, at 403-515-6900 or tasha.westerman@lvs1.com so she can get more information from you and so we can address this promptly.

5. "Accounts payable clerk"

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

work life balance, flexibility, good benefits

Cons

Management, employee turnover,

December 10, 2018Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi there and thanks for this brief review on us. We are happy to hear of your appreciation for our work/life balance, flexibility and great benefits! We would like to learn more about your comment "Management" in the Cons list as we always want to improve where we can and more information will help us do so. Can you please connect with your People Services Advisor or Manager? We looking forward to continuing the conversation and thanks for all you do!

"Over promised, under delivered"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Excellent training program -OK compensation, good benefits package, good RRSP bonus (if you catch them short on talent or are an excellent negotiator) -Good bonus structure -Great camaraderie among consultants -Good company if you're looking for a stepping stone to IT management -Fairly decent mobility in the company, but depends on specific managers

Cons

-Was sold on opportunities and compensation on hiring that never materialized -Very "clique-ish": better get "in" with the right people and the right extra curricular activities -Non-existent on-boarding process. More a "trial by fire" -Very ineffective management that does not know the workings of the company or be able to answer questions in a timely manner -Consultants being shuffled around managers/leads with no one having any real clue what's going on -Inconsistent raises among employees doing the same work with the same effectiveness

Continue reading

"It was good experience.Less time off. Good way to gain experience."

2.0
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benefits. If you looking for way to get good experience with variety technologies.

Cons

Career progression depends on department. You can get stuck in existing position if Long View needs you there

"Vancouver office 2010"

Systems Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Long View Systems

Pros

Positive corporate culture. Good benefits. Lots of opportunities to learn and develop. Good people.

Cons

Very poor work life balance. Average compensation. Unreasonable amount of uncompensated work hours No standardized training for new employees.

"Do Better, Denver"

1.0
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing coworkers, there will never be a better team to work with. Good benefits for Denver area. Great opportunities for training (as long as you're not under-utilized).

Cons

Extremely hostile leadership in the Denver branch. Promising customers services we no longer have the staff to provide. Favoritism that has escalated from annoying to dangerous/unprofessional. Unprofessional and antagonistic behavior coming from one person will continue to poison the entire branch, they have lost over 20 employees this year alone in the Denver branch. Some quit after being bullied, some just found better jobs, and some were terminated without cause/laid off.

November 18, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are extremely saddened to read about your experience and wish we could have heard from you while you were with us. Would you please call our SVP of People Services, Tasha, at 403-515-6900? She would like to talk to you directly and learn more about your experience so that we can work to rectify the situation that you've communicated here. Thanks for all you did while you were with us. We wish you only the best in your new job.

"Great place but changing fast"

4.0

I worked at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Very soft corporate culture. They respect you and your personal and career needs. Very good benefits and 401k plans. They are flexible when it comes to your individual needs.

Cons

Almost all decision makers are out of Canada and almost all decisions are made by the CEO/founder who never comes in town and doesn't seem to listen to anyone. That dynamic chased away leaders so leadership is very lean.

April 1, 2016People Services Manager

Thanks for posting your thoughts about Long View. We're happy to hear you feel there are great people working here, and that you felt like you were respected and that your personal and career needs were met during your time with the company. In 2016, we have implemented a new Internal Communications plan at Long View, after hearing feedback from employees that they wanted to hear more company news, etc. The Internal Communications program allows everyone, regardless of location, to have a voice at Long View. Thank you for the time you spent with us and best of luck to you in the future.

Found 14 reviews