Long View Systems Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

4.0
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison
Pros
  • "You get to work with competent and great people(in 20 reviews)

• "Good benefits/training incentives(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance is basically non-existent even though leadership attempts to preach it(in 19 reviews)

• "You are just a money making machine to them until you are no longer in their best interest(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

A lot of companies talk, Long View walks

Feb 10, 2021 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long View provides a fun, fast paced, highly cross functional work environment where as much as you may encounter challenges on a day to day basis, the corporation is ready to rally around you to ensure your success. Beyond that, you get to deliver impact solutions to the customers you work with. It has been an absolute pleasure to add Long View Systems to my resume

Cons

None that come to mind.

Manager, Recruiting

Hi there and thanks for your feedback on your time so far with us! We are elated to hear that you are experiencing what we strive to achieve for our employees. Thanks for all you do and please stay well!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place, getting better!

May 6, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people For some, work-life balance DE&I initiatives

Cons

Compensation, Internal growth Remote work initiatives

3. 4.0

Good place

May 7, 2021 - Senior Systems Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good culture - Amazing team atmosphere - Team lead and manager are great, I feel I have their support. - CEO is a great person.

Cons

- Mediocre pay - Upper management only cares about numbers and clients. No protection from unreasonable client demands. - I feel burned out from working too much. - People Services only cares to cover the company, they are not on employee's side AT ALL. Beware.

2 people found this review helpful

SVP, People Services

Thank you for your comments and we're glad you are enjoying our culture, the team atmosphere and some of the leadership you have worked with. You also shared some concerns that I would like to hear more about so that I can help improve those. As the EVP, People Services, your comment about our team is not in line with our culture and I would like to understand more about your situation so that I can create change. Creating a great employee experience is a key part of who we are and I would like to improve yours as you are a current employee. I would absolutely welcome a conversation with you confidentially so I can understand your experience and make improvements. I can be reached at my company email or any of the numbers that are shown on our intranet. Alternatively, you speak highly of Brent and he would also welcome this conversation if that is a better option for you. Tasha Westerman EVP, People Services

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Wonderful Company and Work Place

Apr 26, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Long View does everything possible to make sure their employees and clients are happy. - Provides all the tools to succeed. - The culture is very friendly. - Leaders are knowledgeable and easy to approach.

Cons

- Nothing to add for Cons.

Manager, Recruiting

Hi there, thanks for writing this review on your time with LVS so far! We are pleased to read that you are getting the employee experience that we strive for. Thanks for all you do and making the impact that you are!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best department to work for in longview!

Apr 9, 2021 - Systems Consultant (SOC) in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

#Immediate leadership takes care of the people in SOC. #Awesome team to work with, they go above and beyond to help you. #Good place for people who want to get into cybersecurity. #Lots of technologies to work on.

Cons

#SOC is in maturing and growth phase, so days can be long.

Manager, Recruiting

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review on your time with us. We are pleased to hear that you had a great experience and take your comments and feedback to heart. We are sorry you had to leave us but thanks for all you did for us while you were here! Stay safe and well.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Chaotic, but happy place to be

Apr 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues, good support from HR and management, nice offices, respected IT provider especially in Western Canada

Cons

Workflows can be chaotic, very busy culture

Manager, Recruiting

Thanks for leaving this review on your time with LVS! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed working here and that you felt supported by your manager and People Services team. We know that things can get busy at times (especially now in this pandemic) and encourage taking days off and offer other support to ensure a work/life balance. We hear you on your "Advice to Management" and we are working on it with various DE&I initiatives and making those initiatives a priority. We have already come a long way even from last year but we know that our work in that area will never be "done" so it will always be a focus for us. Thanks for all you did for us while you were here. We wish you the best of luck in your new role!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people & strong professional development focus

Mar 6, 2021 - Consultant in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long View has a great culture and hard-working individuals who are approachable and professional. The organization has a strong focus on the professional development of hard and soft skills, with plenty of opportunities given to employees to take advantage of over the course of any given quarter. As a Microsoft cloud & security experienced consultant, the ongoing partnership with Microsoft enabled me to take advantage of technical certifications, off-site training, and key resources I needed to succeed in my role and career. Regular internal updates from senior leadership and local leadership are honest and transparent, tough questions are answered regularly, and an open-door policy to feedback exists at all levels. I feel that the hiring process ensures the consulting team brings on driven individuals with a growth mindset. The quarterly Career Life Planning sessions were welcomed coming from a smaller organization; those who chose to take advantage of this opportunity would find success. The People Services team worked hard to provide social engagements and a kudos system to reward those who went above and beyond. A recent focus on diversity & inclusion has support from senior leadership with multiple active employee resource groups in play. The team stepped up for local volunteer opportunities, and these are always celebrated at a head office level. I was given the opportunity to lead a team and participate in executive focus groups, which I was very grateful for. I was confident in the future of the organization overall due to strong senior leadership. Overall I am happy I decided to join Long View, and it certainly enabled me to elevate my career to new levels I never thought possible.

Cons

I felt that immediate career advancement options within the Project Services team were not clearly outlined. Unfortunately, objectives changed each quarter, and it felt like high performers were strung along with no clear plan. The architect roles within the Calgary and head office branch had a wide range of skillsets, so wide that you would question low performers and high performers sharing the same title. As you advanced to practice lead or architect levels, there was an expectation that one would need to give up evening and weekend time for potential contracts via RFP work - this was on top of your existing performance requirements outlined by the business. High performers had to manage time carefully to avoid burn-out; clear expectations with management should be outlined to ensure your time is not taken advantage of. My direct report quietly told me one day that training & development in my personal time to ensure maximum utilization was the path to success at Long View; I feel a better balance of training during the workday, and billing utilization will help promote growth without the expense of burnout. Looking forward to a more diverse senior leadership group in the future.

1 person found this review helpful

Manager, Recruiting

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to write this detailed and insightful review on your time spent with us! We really appreciate your thoughtfulness and thoroughness and take all of your feedback to heart. We will share it with our management and executive teams and see how we can improve in the areas that you have indicated. Thanks for all you did while you were here with us. We wish you the best of luck in your new role!

8. 5.0

Best Culture

Apr 4, 2021 - Server Infrastructure in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely company, Good Pay, work and life balance

Cons

long hours- but nothing really negative

Manager, Recruiting

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to write this review on your time with LVS so far. We are glad that you are enjoying working here and we equally enjoy having you. Thanks for all you do!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, great culture!

Mar 24, 2021 - IT Recruiter in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

people- focused, core pillars, culture, motivating. The overall experience has been fantastic and looking forward to grow with this company.

Cons

None so far, they do what they advertise!

Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for stopping by to post this review on us! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with us so far and experiencing what we strive for. And we are very excited that you chose to join us!

10. 5.0

We Continue to Grow

Mar 23, 2021 - Sales in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic team and strategic long term customers

Cons

Agile, skilled resources and outcome focus

Manager, Recruiting

Thanks for posting this review on your experience with Long View so far! We are pleased to read that you are happy here and we are grateful to have you on our team. Keep up the awesome work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 289 Reviews