Find jobs for Manager

Long View Systems Manager Reviews

Updated Jan 24, 2020

4.0
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Contractor - Incident Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems for less than a year

Pros

Puts people first, Strong culture

Cons

No downside comes to mind

Long View Systems2019-11-06

November 12, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time out to share your thoughts on your experience with us so far! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the culture that we take pride in. If you have any other feedback to share with us, we would love to hear from you. Please connect with your People Services Advisor in Calgary. Thanks for all you do!

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Serious about work life balance, career progression, amazing people, team oriented

Cons

Silos throughout the business that limit ability to scale successful service delivery internally and externally

Long View Systems2020-01-10

January 12, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time with us! Our focus on work / life balance and career progression and a team of amazing people is what sets our culture apart from other companies. We would like to hear your ideas on how we can extend our successful service delivery so please speak with your Manager or People Services Manager so that we can learn more . Thanks for all you do for us!

"Desorganiaed mess"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free soft drinks in the fridge and free food for lunch on Thursday, very nice people, very competent expertise

Cons

lits of very smart people's that are running like headlines chickens with no long term vision. Most projects I've seen are messy, desorganised from the very start to the very end. Accepting project when everyone is overbooked and unable to deliver is just normal. Way too many micro managers that only focus on one with no real long term vision or resources balancing. Not a place to work or to grow

Long View Systems2019-03-27

March 29, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Reading your review has left us disappointed but grateful that you took time out to share your feedback with us. We are sorry that you had the experience that you describe above. Please know that your comments are taken to heart and even though you are no longer with us, our SVP of People Services would welcome the opportunity to have further conversations. Please call her at 403-515-6900. Thanks for all you did for us while you were here.

4. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Site Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast growing organization; visionary leadership and great customer base Focused on latest technology Flexible schedule Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

Should focus on other cloud technologies like AWS and Google Cloud.

Long View Systems2018-09-14

September 18, 2018Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi there and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! We are so happy that our growth, vision, technology offerings, and pay & benefits are meeting or exceeding your expectations. Your feedback on providing other cloud technology offerings is recognized and as an ever-evolving organization, we are always gauging the best solutions for our clients! Your opinion matters to us so please continue to share them with your Manager and local People Services Manager. Thanks for all you do!

"Sorry to Leave"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity for career growth, well established employee review process, interesting projects, forward thinking

Cons

Sales team not equipped well to sell products and services

Long View Systems2018-01-23

January 29, 2018Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a short review on us. We are glad that you found your time with us valuable, however we are very sorry to see you go! If you would like to help us learn more about your comment in the Cons section, please call our SVP of People Services at 403-515-6900. She would love to hear from you!

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Site Manager in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Focus on Work/Life balance. Serious about Careel/Life Planning

Cons

Downtown location makes parking a challenge

Long View Systems2017-11-30

December 12, 2017Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi there, thanks for stopping in and sharing your thoughts with the glassdoor community. Work / life balance and our Career Life Plan program is of utmost importance to us and are glad that you are benefiting from this! Like a lot of companies, downtown is where most of our clients are and is also a central point for our employees to travel to. Have you spoken with your PS Manager to see if she has some suggestions on where to park? She is there to help! We thank you for everything you do and hope that you will continue your journey with us.

"Poor leadership"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative company that can make things happen real time to ensure that the customer gets what they need.

Cons

Their leadership have a "what's best for me" attitude instead of looking at the bigger picture and ensuring they have integrity in everything that they do. Lots of promises and no delivery. Truly disappointing.

Long View Systems2017-11-24

November 27, 2017Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi there, while we do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience with us, we are disappointed to here that it wasn't great, in your opinion. Both our clients and our employees make us the company that we are today! There are things that we are aware of that we need to work on, however, we really wish you would have come to us with your feedback and advice while you were still here. We still would like to hear directly from you, though, so please get in touch with our Senior Vice President of People Services by calling 403-515-6900. In the meantime, please know that we appreciate the time that you spent with us and wish you the best of luck in your career!

"Consulting firm"

Project Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems for more than 3 years

Pros

Great intention, mission, people, and results. I enjoyed my time working here and found the company to be on the right path, at the time.

Cons

Below average total compensation. There needs to be a renewed focus on business consulting and SaaS offerings. Refocus on being technology agnostic.

Long View Systems2017-04-20

April 25, 2017Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and letting us know how we did. We are pleased that you enjoyed working here and that you feel we have awesome people (we do!), great mission and that we get results! We appreciate your input on our compensation packages and business offerings and will take them into consideration. Thank you for the 3+ years that you spent with us and we wish you the best of luck in your new role!

9. "Site Manager"

Current Employee - Site Manager in Calgary, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of free reign given to deliver services in the way you see fit to the client. Training opportunities are ample. You get chances to try new things.

Cons

Internal politics are a bit strong these days and the organization is endlessly re-inventing itself. There are always new people to work with inside of the company, making delivery of consistency difficult.

Long View Systems2016-10-22

October 25, 2016People Services Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review - we truly welcome your feedback. We're happy to hear that you've been able to take advantage of Long View's training offerings, while also feeling like you have autonomy in your role that enables you to offer first class service to our clients. We're interested in learning more about the internal politics you speak of, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you confidentially about this. If you're willing, please visit the People Services Manager in your branch, as we're always working to improve things at Long View, and welcome all of your insights into how we can continue to add value to Long View, and all of our employees. Thanks again for taking the time to post this review, and for all of your service during your 5+ years with the company!

"A forward-thinking, sustainable company, built on a great vision"

Current Employee - Senior Client Service Manager

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Long View is a special organization, built on Don Bialik's vision nearly 17 years ago, that I and many others reap the benefits and rewards from. It takes great courage and passion to stick to one's principles and beliefs and to create something that puts people first and offers them an opportunity to grow and enjoy a fulfilling career. Don has certainly achieved that lofty goal. Long View is truly the best company I’ve ever worked for and it really is by and large due to the amazing people I work with. I feel very proud to be a part of Long View and am grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of the business. I look forward to many more years with Long View and contributing in a bigger way to its continued success. The best is certainly yet to come.

Cons

The bar is set really high for the senior management team and really everyone who works for long View. Expectations and demands therefore come with the job. Consequently, work-life balance isn't always easy to achieve or maintain. This struggle is no different to any other company I've worked for and comes with the territory in the Technology sector.

Long View Systems2016-04-15

April 18, 2016Recruitment Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing! We are so happy that you are (and have been) enjoying your time spent with us so far; we hope that the next 5 years are just as rewarding to you. While we do strive for a solid work / life balance for all of our employees, including our Client Service Managers, we understand that sometimes the demands of the IT industry can be high. We do want to ensure that you are keeping that balance, though, so may we suggest that we connect with your local People Services Advisor to come up with some action items to get that to where it should be? Alternatively, please connect with our Director of People Services in our Head Office as she would also be happy to help you bring that balance back to the way it should be at Long View Systems!

Found 19 reviews