Long View Systems Consultant Reviews

Updated May 10, 2020

3.3
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison
  1. "Good Company, Amazing People"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Almost everyone who works over there is nice and friendly. * Relaxed positive environment, everyone is laid back. You dont feel a negative work pressure while working there. * Open environment where management always speaks to the employees about whats going on and the direction they are taking unlike other companies where they keep you in the dark. * The company has an amazing culture where they always bring food over on Thursdays and do events in order to get everyone together. * The company does look out for your career and best interest. You can see that from top management all the way down to the local team.

Cons

* Depends on which department you are in, but work can really go up and down sometimes where you spend considerable time just waiting for work to arrive.

Long View Systems2020-03-18

March 18, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time out to write this review on your time with us so far. We are pleased that you are experiencing the people that we pride ourselves on and that keep us going! Sometimes with a consulting-based company, the project work can fluctuate, but in the quieter times, we recommend you do some training to keep your saw sharp. Thanks for all you do and for bringing a positive attitude everyday!

2. "Good but needs improvement in some areas"

4.0
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When the economy if good, you can work for multiple clients whether in Managed Services or Projects. Co-workers are generally nice. You get to work with competent and great people. Overall, I would recommend.

Cons

Compensation could be better. Can be difficult to advance.

Long View Systems2020-05-11

May 12, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience on your time with us! It's great that you enjoyed the work you did and that you appreciated your co-workers too. Our goal is to provide a No Regrets Career for our employees and we are disappointed that you didn't get to experience that. Would you be interested in sharing more with our SVP of People Services so we can learn how we may be able to improve? If so, please call her at 403-515-6900. Thanks for everything you did for us and we wish you the best of luck in your new role!

"The Vancouver branch is declining fast"

2.0

I worked at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Flexible work from home policy Overall is a good company and the head office executives are great. They take care of their employees

Cons

Not enough projects for this branch. There’s no good leadership. Worst performing branch since change in leadership. It seems that they don’t have a clear sales strategy. They are treating this as a body shop instead of a high end consultation firm

Long View Systems2020-04-05

April 8, 2020SVP, People Services

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your experience with us. I would like to understand more about your concerns so that we can ensure our current employees can have a great experience. Please give me a confidential call or email so that I can learn more!

"COVID-19 was just an opportunity to get rid of people"

1.0

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good customers Amazing technical team to work with Great culture

Cons

- Since January 2020 they said goodbye to many good employees in Vancouver, Why? Vancouver management team is horrible that's it. - Sales team - they're accomplish was loosing good and valuable customers - Project managers - Even don't understand what they are looking for and talking about - Human resource - They are just there to shoot people out and make the process faster - COVID-19 - They took this crisis as an opportunity to get rid of people. They started laying off people who were busy and billable and were doing their great job to keep their clients happy and being productive.

Long View Systems2020-04-21

April 24, 2020SVP, People Services

This has not been an easy time for so many people around the world. We work with a number of customers who have had to cancel projects or postpone work with us, and we have been able to reallocate and find new work for most of those people but not everyone. You have stated some very specific feedback that I would like to learn more about to ensure we can improve this experience for others. Please reach out to me directly and confidentially to help with this. I can be reached at 403-515-6900. Long View is absolutely a People First company and continues to be. We have to balance the well-being of each person with the well-being of the whole of Long View. This unfortunately means that we have had to make a few difficult decisions about some individuals, but we are very proud we have not had to do any major lay-offs at this time.

"Covid reveals the cracks of company values"

1.0

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This is one area the Vancouver office is getting right. Some of the best company social events I have ever seen in the workplace. Great customers. Flexible work arrangements.

Cons

Middle-management and on-site managers consistently struggle to figure out the technologies their customers need and provide a comprehensive plan. This has led to major operational deficiencies with leadership scrambling to fix issues during the downturn in revenues instead of mitigating the risk during good times. Poor sales strategy and leadership resulting in consultancy layoffs because account management and sales were not focused or communicating properly. Consultants often taking the hit to resolve poorly contracted statements of work thereby reducing billable hours and the opportunity to be rewarded via incentives that are heavily promoted during the hiring process. The ugly: Unilateral decisions to layoff several billable staff who were mid-project ultimately impacting good employees, resourcing and customers all because of poor leadership. Despite staff following suggested measures to keep the company profitable this year, layoffs came at an unusual time as other companies are taking different measures to support their family of staff. An incredibly disappointing move from a company that promotes integrity as one of its pillars and especially at a time that the government is providing incentives to keep people employed.

Long View Systems2020-04-17

April 21, 2020SVP, People Services

We were also devastated to let anyone go. We work with a number of customers who have had to cancel projects or postpone work with us, and we have been able to reallocate and find new work for most of those people but not everyone. Unfortunately we are not eligible for the government programs to retain employees, but we continue to watch each new announcement and assess our possible fit. Long View is absolutely a People First company and continues to be. We have to balance the well-being of each person with the well-being of the whole of Long View. This unfortunately means that we have had to make a few difficult decisions about some individuals, but we are very proud we have not had to do any major lay-offs at this time.

6. "Great exposure and reward hard work"

4.0
    Current Contractor - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems for less than a year

Pros

I’m a contract staff but I know LVS invest in their staff and have a great brand. They are also doing a lot to make women involved in technology. There is a high priority on self development and a good training ground for anyone who is willing to grow.

Cons

Communication with staff not on site can be worked upon and inclusiveness of contract staff. I won’t say LVS is doing bad at this but could be better. Proud to work with LVS.

Long View Systems2020-03-09

March 10, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hello there and thanks for taking the time out to write this review! Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing to contract to us and let you know that you are very important to our success! We are happy to hear that you are seeing the areas that we are striving for excellence in. We appreciate your feedback on communication and re-hiring former contractors and will definitely take this to heart. Thanks for all you do for us!

7. "Working as system consultant"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is best in salary ,work time, Holidays , promotions ,work is easy full digital nice to work here

Cons

No issues at all working here at this company.

Long View Systems2020-03-01

March 3, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time out to write this review. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying all the things we set out to have our employees benefit from. Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do!

"Great Culture, But Misguided Salaries"

Current Employee - IT Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture and people to work with.

Cons

-Career growth is there, but only if you can land an interview internally. Otherwise you get glossed over or ignored, for someone else who is able to network in, or for someone they already know who to elevate. -Disillusioned that the salaries paid for the roles are competitive. The salaries are much lower than what their competitors and other companies are paying.

Long View Systems2020-03-05

March 5, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there, we are happy to hear that you enjoy our culture and the awesome people who work at Long View! It's disappointing to hear that you feel like you have been ignored and that you aren't compensated competitively, though. Have you spoken with your People Services Advisor or Manager about your concerns? If not, can you please? We want to be able to discuss this with you and work together to find a solution. Thanks for all you do!

9. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, great atmosphere, and training is covered.

Cons

Hours can be long or short... Depending on the client.

Long View Systems2019-11-08

November 8, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your time with Long View so far! We are glad that you are experiencing our awesome culture and taking advantage of the learning and development that we offer! If you have more feedback to share or want to give us more details on your comment on the long hours, please connect with your People Services Team in BC. They would be happy to assist and support you. Thanks for all you do!

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive staff and nice environment

Cons

I did not notice any negative points

Long View Systems2019-09-23

September 23, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Hi! Thanks for your short review on us. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with us so far and we hope that you continue to. We welcome your feedback and suggestions at anytime so if you have anything to share with us in the future, please connect with your People Services Advisor. Thanks for all you do!

Found 85 reviews