Lockheed Martin Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

2,194 Ratings

"Process, what process"

Production in Ottawa, ON

I worked at Lockheed Martin for more than 3 years

Pros

Flex work week and that's about it

Cons

Low salaries, no relevant training, management is older and unqualified only in position due to years served, old boys club, conform or be isolated, no accountability, bully atmosphere, they say they have a mentor program but that's a joke, ethics, what ethics, HR is only there to protect the bad managers and image, claim they use best practices and leading edge which is the furthest from the truth. mid year and... end of year review is the worst I have seen and a waste of time, changes every year, lots of meetings and waste of time

Advice to Management

Lack of communication between departments, too many middle managers, actually make it a priority to implement SAP (5 years is to long to still not have it doing what you want), afraid to train promising young employees for fear of jobs, do what you say,

Lockheed Martin2015-05-28
  2. "Good place to work. Great coworkers, and great supervisors. It can be stressful at times due to tight deadlines."

Current Employee - Logistics in Halifax, NS

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. Regular Monday to Friday shifts, with over time often available.

Cons

Some health and safety issues are sometimes overlooked to hurry production.

Advice to Management

Listen to the advice of the workers. Often there are good suggestions that would make operations run more smoothly.

Lockheed Martin2015-04-19

"Could've been better, could've been worse."

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Culture seems like it depends on which part of the company and project that you are a part of. Overall, I liked how important ethics are. I also worked with a really great set of people during my career there.

Cons

Really, too many meetings, and at least when I was there, a lot of programs in maintenance. Not enough cutting edge technology.

Lockheed Martin2014-09-13

"Terrible management, poor compensation, zero reward, slave factory."

Former Employee - Member Technical Staff in Montreal, QC

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can quit at anytime.

Cons

Slave factory No raises Consistently asked to work over time Only people who work overtime are promoted Lots of favoritism Most managers are not technical but insist in making technical decisions Cheap, cheap, cheap. Won't even buy you a pencil. Archaic development practices Bullying tactics used by managers

Advice to Management

Educate yourself on modern software development and stop bullying your employees. Reward those to do the real work rather than those to talk the talk.

Lockheed Martin2014-02-22
  5. "Great Company"

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

Great culture, fantastic brilliant people to work with. Always look forward to going in to work everyday. No micromanagement, and competitive salary.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth, small company competing in a gigantic market with billion dollar companies. Steep learning curve to get into the industry.

Lockheed Martin2013-11-01

"Make sure you don't end up on an off-site program'"

Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Halifax, NS

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, managers are approachable and friendly. Good benefits, good pension.

Cons

Once you are on an off-site program you do not hear anything about other opportunities on other programs. You get isolated and program managers do not want to lose you so you are not told about other programs. As well since you are not in a main location managers from outside your program have no clue who you are.

Advice to Management

Communicate program opportunities to all employees. You never know what skills are out there and who might be an awesome fit if you don't ask. To many managers just slot in people they know into new projects without finding out what is out there.

Lockheed Martin2013-05-05
  7. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Montreal, QC

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very interesting work environment with a lot of very smart people. Willing to develop talent.

Cons

Limited scope of work to defense and military contracts.

Lockheed Martin2013-03-06

"Lockheed Martin IT"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

High level of integrity throughout the company, open communications, and sincere interest in doing the right thing.

Cons

Unfortunately, I need to come up with twenty words of cons. When in reality after 41+ years in IT, I have no cons for Lockheed Martin. They are not perfect, but highly acceptable.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have is, possibly, try very hard simplify processes. The processes are accurate and extremely detailed. Some could be less detailed.

Lockheed Martin2018-08-02

"Solid Company"

Current Employee - Engineering Leadership Development Program in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than a year

Pros

To keep this short and sweet. We get good pay, good benefits, and good work. It'll never be be "perfect" job, because it's so large they can't mold it to your needs. Understand that it's a massive company with all the associated struggles. Beyond that, there are plenty of opportunities, but you have to learn to look for them and take them. LM will not hand you opportunities on a silver platter.

Cons

If you want fast paced, long hours, and high pay then go somewhere else. If you want to work a solid job and with solid benefits and time then go to LM.

Lockheed Martin2019-07-30
  10. "Review"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Co-Op

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work was interesting and engaging.

Cons

Getting work could be slow due to my position.

Lockheed Martin2019-10-20