Lock Search Group Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2020

4.1
Lock Search Group President Richard Lock (no image)
Richard Lock
  1. "Great place to work, learn and grow"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lock Search Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything is amazing from day one. Good culture, performance driven, team support and options to progress

Cons

Not anything to be honest.

"Amazing company!"

I have been working at Lock Search Group full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance, generous company, amazing people.

Cons

There are no growth opportunities.

November 27, 2018Lock Search Group

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad you are enjoying your experience here.

"Great team environment"

I have been working at Lock Search Group

Pros

They say GOOD leaders make you feel like THEY are important, but EXCELLENT leaders make you feel like YOU are important. That's exactly what comes to mind when I think of my team at Lock- excellent leaders at all levels. The collaborative and supportive environment that LSG has is unmatched by any previous employer I have ever worked for. Your ideas, input and opinions are always accepted and that is the only true way that a business will continue to develop and innovate.

Cons

There is nothing at this time.

November 27, 2018Lock Search Group

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are extremely happy to hear how positive your experience has been. Our mission as a Company has always been to create a supportive environment with strong leadership so that our employees can grow and feel valued. We hope that you remain a part of our team as we continue to thrive and expand.

"Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Lock Search Group

Pros

From my first interview to months later I can truly say this company is like a family. Everyone I work with locally and associate with nationally is helpful and encouraging from my day to day task to the bigger picture of my position. Richard has passed so much knowledge down to his team and continues to support everyone through their growth with Lock.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about this company.

November 27, 2018Lock Search Group

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really value your feedback. Richard aims to be accessible to all employees and we are happy to hear that you have benefited from his mentorship. We hope you stay a part of the Lock family for many years to come.

5. "Coordinator"

I have been working at Lock Search Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Communication across all levels of management is open and encouraged. Employee involvement is also encouraged. Great team work atmosphere.

Cons

The benefits package could be better. Presence across social media platforms is limited for now.

November 27, 2018Lock Search Group

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy you are enjoying working for Lock Search Group. We appreciate your input regarding our benefits package and social media presence. Our goal is to expand our online presence across all platforms in the coming months. Stay tuned!

6. "Recruitment Coordinator"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator

I have been working at Lock Search Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've seen a postitve change in the past 3 years at LSG. The Coordinator role has been elevated; the Recruiters are now in a positive partnership with the Coordinators to create a synergie between sourcing and recruiting. We offer a real 360 degrees in the recruitment process to our clients and candidates. The new hires are now better onboarded and there is a willingness from everyone to share best practices and information on a national level.

Cons

LSG has been lacking on a technological level, but we are working on "being out there" level and rebranding our presence on all social media platforms. We are working on a mobile friendly website as well.

November 27, 2018Lock Search Group

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We definitely have evolved as a company over the last few years and are happy to hear you've noticed a positive improvement. We have made significant efforts to ensure that all our offices across Canada share their connections so that we can continue to grow nationally. We are in the process of expanding our online presence across all social media platforms and will continue to look for new ways to engage with existing and prospective clients and candidates. Thanks again for your feedback.

7. "Great People, Great Place to Work"

Recruitment Coordinator

I have been working at Lock Search Group

Pros

Great employees, great management. For those who are proactive and not afraid to pick up the phone you will succeed.

Cons

None that come to mind.

November 27, 2018Lock Search Group

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying working for Lock. We pride ourselves on having an excellent culture and fantastic employees.

"An incredible opportunity, an incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lock Search Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture, great reputation, nice diversification of business both by industry and function, long-standing clients, deep candidate network, hard-working/performance-driven/fun/friendly/supportive/familial/down-to-earth employees, significant autonomy to build out your business within Lock with solid support.

Cons

As a profession, recruitment is not for everyone. It can be taxing, emotionally-draining, and sometimes frustrating...but it can also be incredibly rewarding, fun, and stimulating. Typically those that do not succeed within Lock, are those that discover that recruitment is just not a fit for them. For those that do enjoy and excel at it, you couldn't find a better place to work than Lock. Honestly.

November 29, 2018Lock Search Group

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. We work hard to create a fun and positive culture where employees feel supported and valued. As an industry, recruitment definitely has its ups and downs, but we couldn't agree more that it has the ability to be incredibly rewarding! We hope that you plan on staying with us for many more years to come.

9. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Lock Search Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers were friendly, good culture.

Cons

The job was not for me. Too repetitive.

November 29, 2018Lock Search Group

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We realize that the recruitment industry is not for everyone but are glad that you had a positive experience during your time with us. All the best with your feature endeavours.

"Negative disheartening experience"

2.0

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Lock Search Group

Pros

Location, parking, access to gym, many years of experience behind them, work hard play hard mentality.

Cons

I worked for LS for less than one year. I was promised that I would gain exposure to their strong client list, I would benefit from introductions to their clients and that I would have their full support in building up a brand new division. NONE of this happened I made many attempts to reach out to LS's internal recruiters for assistance that was simply put ignored. I went to upper management the same person that made all of these promises that was flat out ignored with a shrug of the shoulders because simply put this was not his problem.

November 29, 2018Lock Search Group

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience working for Lock. It is never our intention to make promises we cannot keep. Our upper management does its best to be accessible to all employees, however, granting all requests is not always feasible. We have made a conscious effort in recent months to ensure new Recruiters that join our team benefit from our existing relationships and clients through regular conference calls meant to facilitate the sharing of information and connections. Thank you again for your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Found 13 reviews