Liveops Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.1
Liveops Chief Executive Officer Greg Hanover
Greg Hanover

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home with a company that matters" (in 169 reviews)

• "Make my own hours, flexible schedule, choose types of calls I decide to handle, lots of resources available to improve skills" (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "call volume isn't consistent which is not good when you're paid by talk minutes" (in 53 reviews)

• "They blacked out in the schedule the higher paying blocks and offer the lower paying talk time blocks which now a days you can barely get" (in 39 reviews)

1. "Great opportunities to learn & grow."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Fredericton, NB
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Fredericton, NB

Pros

All employees have a passion for the company and customer service industry. While management has undergone some changes, the team have right balance between short-term and long-term objectives. A strong commitment on investing in product, people and process. The team genuinely care about customers, partners, and fellow employees.

Cons

A lot of change in last 10-months. If you're someone who doesn't like change, might be seen as a con. I personally welcome change provide it gets the company a step closer to its goals. We are making leaps ahead.

Advice to Management

Keep driving forward with same commitment, focus and determination.

2. "Fun, Interesting work"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer

I have been working at Liveops full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A minimum of required process, generally provided with the resources to get what needs doing done. Love the people I work with, tonnes of smart and talented folks.

Cons

Some recent turbulence around leadership, but this is improving. With a lack of process there was also, at times, a lack of drive or direction. Sometimes administrative stuff takes a while to turn around.

3. "Couldn't be happier!"

Current Employee - Ambassador Resource Specialist in Lauderhill, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Ambassador Resource Specialist in Lauderhill, FL (US)

I have been working at Liveops full-time

Pros

Amazing place to work! Flexible scheduling, fair compensation, and what I personally like the most is how friendly and inviting the executives were.

Cons

Truley not applicable, and I'd be the first to say so if that was indeed the case.

Advice to Management

Continue to be as warm and inviting as you all where when I had the opportunity to meet with you guys.

4. "Part time worker and so far so good"

I have been working at Liveops part-time

Pros

Been on board for 2 months now and I love it

Cons

None yet! Hopefully their are none!

5. "LIVE OPS IS WHERE ITS AT."

I have been working at Liveops part-time

Pros

Work from home with a company that matters. Great ppl to work with.

Cons

None yet. Pay raise is always nice. lol

"Confusion and dishonesty made working here unpleasant"

I worked at Liveops full-time

Pros

Flexibility was the only real pro. No set hours, work from home option on Fridays, and many employees are remote full-time.

There were some good people at the company who I'm glad I had the chance to meet and work with.

The business model has the potential to be really cool and relevant.

Cons

Liveops has been struggling to find direction and purpose for a long time. Constant severe leadership changes made it impossible to commit to a plan. The lack of clarity hurt all levels of the organization during my time there.

There was always too much happening behind the scenes for me to feel safe or comfortable at Liveops. Other employees felt this too as we watched key people get strategically fired or laid off and replaced.

I wasn't treated badly at Liveops, but the constant stress and frustration of convoluted goals and nonstop shuffling of teams wasn't worth it.

Advice to Management

Get the vision straight and stick to it for at least 12 months. Change is inevitable, but when it's relentless it becomes impossible to focus.

I understand that employees have to be let go for any number of reasons, but arranging layoffs and replacements behind everyone's backs is shady and breeds the bad culture that drives good people away.

"PROBLEM = Too Much work DEMAND & Not Enough work SUPPLY"

I worked at Liveops part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you could get work, the sales calls were productive. Average pay was $15 / hour at $0.25/min, IF you could pick up ENOUGH hours.

Cons

Things may have improved since I worked for LO. But this was A BIG PROBLEM = LO Mgmt made all virtual CSRs meet online to fetch weekly jobs ALL AT ONE TIME. Once the jobs were gone, that was IT for the week. If you were LATE to the job board by ONE SECOND = that too late. Usually all jobs were gone. NO WORK LEFT for the week.

Advice to Management

If management hasn't already done so, find more work contracts for the amount of CSRs hired -OR- don't hire so many virtual CSRs -OR- figure out a better way to distribute work more evenly to hired Reps, other than having reps JUMP for them.

"Working At Liveops"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Liveops full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule
    Pay is comparable
    Great Company overal

Cons

I have no cons for this company

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

9. "Adviser"

Pros

Great experience so far, informative Q/A.

Cons

potential contracted employee, none presently.

"My experience with LiveOps"

Current Employee - AAA Service Representative in Hardeeville, SC (US)
    Current Employee - AAA Service Representative in Hardeeville, SC (US)

I have been working at Liveops full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, no gas expense, great people & decent pay. There are some incredible AF (agent Facilitator) that go over & beyond to help us & 1 of them even provided me their cell number & text me when ever they hear about a change to this schedule roll out issue below in the cons.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that on the program I work which is AAA the roll out for us at home agents is never done at the time it should be done. The roll out is how an agent gets the hours they want to work for the upcoming week/s. They state it will happen on Mondays at 9pm but make you sit around for 3 or more hours just to get those hours so I end up spending my personal time away from the computer waiting & hoping the hours will be released. Some times they do come out early & then again if you were not sitting at your computer at that time with the schedule page open you would not know & missed it. This week alone I sat from about 8:30pm until 12am just to get my next weeks schedule. They also sent a message via the PostBox system (LiveOps internal email system) stating that they are going to release 1 day of hours early & no text so I had no idea & have lost 7 commits that I would have normally taken as they were all taken by other agents who must have seen this message before me. The last thing that I feel is a con with LivOps is that when you send a message about this issue nothing is done at all. I have sent several messages about the issue & the same thing is advised to me they will forward to the correct party & then nothing changes & not one time has this person contacted me to let me know it is a concern & they are working on it.
    I think that as a self employed agent that there should be some type of discounted insurance plans that we could get at a group rate just due to the amount of self employed agents yet LiveOps has never looked into this for us. Now it is known that when you sign up there are no benefits offered so it is more a thought or idea rather than a con. No overtime is anther con.

Advice to Management

Please consider what it would be like if your livelihood depended on this job & you were made to sit around for hours each month waiting to be able to get your hours or come in at the correct time & find they are gone because for what ever reason they came out early. I'm not sure why other agents on this line do not find this an issue. It may be due to the amount of agents on this 1 program (less than most programs) & maybe most are just part time moms making a little extra cash & can live with or without it, but for me it is full time & I try to work at least 50 -70 hours a week. I have actually worked many years off & on with LiveOps and on many programs like DR, Pizza Hut & Allstate & have never had this issue with the schedule unless it is a 1 time error which is of course understandable but for the AAA line it is a reoccurring issue for many months. Plus all the hours I spend waiting to get my hours are not paid time for me.