Liveops Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.2
Liveops Chief Executive Officer Greg Hanover
Greg Hanover

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home with a company that matters" (in 171 reviews)

• "Make my own hours, flexible schedule, choose types of calls I decide to handle, lots of resources available to improve skills" (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "call volume isn't consistent which is not good when you're paid by talk minutes" (in 54 reviews)

• "They blacked out in the schedule the higher paying blocks and offer the lower paying talk time blocks which now a days you can barely get" (in 39 reviews)

1. "Great opportunities to learn & grow."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Fredericton, NB
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Fredericton, NB

Pros

All employees have a passion for the company and customer service industry. While management has undergone some changes, the team have right balance between short-term and long-term objectives. A strong commitment on investing in product, people and process. The team genuinely care about customers, partners, and fellow employees.

Cons

A lot of change in last 10-months. If you're someone who doesn't like change, might be seen as a con. I personally welcome change provide it gets the company a step closer to its goals. We are making leaps ahead.

Advice to Management

Keep driving forward with same commitment, focus and determination.

2. "Fun, Interesting work"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer

I have been working at Liveops full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A minimum of required process, generally provided with the resources to get what needs doing done. Love the people I work with, tonnes of smart and talented folks.

Cons

Some recent turbulence around leadership, but this is improving. With a lack of process there was also, at times, a lack of drive or direction. Sometimes administrative stuff takes a while to turn around.

"Customer Service Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Calumet, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Calumet, MI (US)

I have been working at Liveops full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work when you can. Self paced learning. NO one looking over your shoulder.

Cons

Training is not long enough and very unorganized.

Advice to Management

Smaller training classes. Facilitators need more training.

"There's potential, but time will tell"

I have been working at Liveops part-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling, ability to obtain one-on-one support if scheduled ahead of time, decent pay

Cons

Unpaid LENGTHY training but still not sufficient to equip you to do a proper job, no telephone number to call for assistance. It takes a good long while to help customers when you're new, which KILLS your average handling time. When your AHT is affected, you get fewer calls. With fewer calls, you can't gain the experience to be more efficient. It's frustrating.

Advice to Management

It would have made a world of difference if I had been given an opportunity to shadow an experienced agent on calls during the time I was in training. Instead, the customers have to pay the price for the inexperience of a new agent.

5. "Great work from home opportunity."

Former Employee - Call Center Agent
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent

I worked at Liveops (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved working there. Flexible hours.

Cons

I can't think of any.

"Intuit TurboTax Tech Support"

Former Employee - TurboTax Support Tech
    Former Employee - TurboTax Support Tech

I worked at Liveops part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, flexible hours if you get to the schedule in time

Cons

Horrible training, most of it is just skipping over required sections because "you won't need this."
    When you have a problem with a customer, which you will on every call, you are taught to escalate it to Tier 2, which is a bunch of people with as little training as you. They will not be able to help you and the wait time is terrible. You will be on a call with a customer for an hour waiting on a response from Tier 2 and in the end, they won't help you either.
    Every part of the Intuit software falls apart or just generally doesn't work from the start. You will find yourself running into errors on your own software at least once per call, with no help from Tier 2 or your supervisors.
    If you try to transfer the call to a higher up, good luck. Most of the time, the software screws up and sends them right back to your line so you can get yelled at a second time.
    They tell you in training that calls should last between five and twenty minutes for you to get a good score when you're reviewed, but be prepared for every call to last at least a half hour unless it's a simple problem that you can fix on your own. The TurboTax software is horrible for customers and extremely confusing even to support techs that have been "trained" on it, so be prepared for pissed off customers that you won't be able to help outside of taking a shot in the dark.
    They will push for you to use the screen share software on as many calls as you can, but be warned. They don't tell you that for this to work, the customer has to download the software via a website and not every customer will be willing or able to do this. It's a hassle that you don't need for a simple password reset.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to provide better training. It's terrifying to be on the receiving end of an enraged customer and having to tell them you don't know how to fix their issue. Tier 2 is absolutely horrible and shouldn't be the first line of defense when confronting serious problems and their chat is usually bogged down with new employees asking the most basic questions that don't require Tier 2 assistance. Having your employees rely on Tier 2 is the worst thing you could possibly do for customer service.

"Victoria Secret Trainer"

Former Employee - Ops Manager in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Ops Manager in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Liveops full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home every Friday

Cons

Ops leaders are not right for the job. They lack vision and strategy.

Advice to Management

HR should be fair and objective. HR always sides with Ops leaders and targets employees if Ops leaders want them out. We lost so many good people. Employees lost hope and are discouraged.

8. "Victoria Secret"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Liveops full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No commuting
    No work clothes
    No gas expense
    No Boss

Cons

None none none none none

Advice to Management

Thank you!!!

9. "Couldn't be happier!"

Current Employee - Ambassador Resource Specialist in Lauderhill, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Ambassador Resource Specialist in Lauderhill, FL (US)

I have been working at Liveops full-time

Pros

Amazing place to work! Flexible scheduling, fair compensation, and what I personally like the most is how friendly and inviting the executives were.

Cons

Truley not applicable, and I'd be the first to say so if that was indeed the case.

Advice to Management

Continue to be as warm and inviting as you all where when I had the opportunity to meet with you guys.

10. "Part time worker and so far so good"

I have been working at Liveops part-time

Pros

Been on board for 2 months now and I love it

Cons

None yet! Hopefully their are none!