Lexington Medical Reviews

Lexington Medical Founder and CEO Leon Amariglio
Leon Amariglio
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lexington Medical is the best kind of startup

Jul 15, 2022 - Engineer in Bedford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone who works here is extremely smart, passionate about making the best products to help patients and surgeons, and work very well together. The company has grown a ton in the last 6 months and new people (like me) feel welcomed from the start. Physicians love our products. I've heard sales are very strong and we're growing in the US and abroad.

Cons

There is a ton of work - like all startups. The standards are very high and everyone here expects results extremely quickly. (not a bad thing, but Glassdoor wants a Con) We're still building and growing, so sometimes we have had to revisit solutions that we just created.

2. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Supply Chain Analyst

Apr 25, 2022 - Supply Chain Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work culture extremely friendly peers

Cons

no cons, I loved working there

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun and Fast Paced Environment

Dec 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lexington Medical has a very strong team and management is hands on and helpful. There are lot of growth opportunities in all departments. Everyone has a direct impact on the growth and success of Lexington Medical.

Cons

The environment is very fast paced and can be overwhelming.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Challenging environment promotes employee growth

Dec 22, 2021 - Engineer in Bedford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Review is most relevant for prospective engineers* -A great deal of trust is placed in each team member to take ownership of wide-reaching, challenging projects/responsibilities and make important decisions. -Team is extremely talented, interested in each other's work, and enjoyable to interact with. -Management constantly encourages the team to think one layer deeper on how to best set the team/product/company up for success. -On a per-day basis, being a part of Lexington Medical has encouraged me to grow more than any other opportunity I could've pursued.

Cons

-Relatively little structure. The company's fluid, high-trust approach to management allows it to be very agile, but means that it relies upon each individual to ensure the success of their responsibilities. -The pace of the company is very fast. While this provides interesting and challenging problems to solve, it can also cause additional stress. -Individuals with production-facing responsibilities can find it hard to truly "unplug".

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast-paced company with great opportunities

Jul 21, 2020 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has a strong foundation with a solid product and great team. Expecting the company to build on its current momentum and continue growing. Work is exciting and challenging, there's never a dull day at LexMed. Lots of opportunities to grow and learn, with an openness to experiment.

Cons

Fast growth means evolving priorities and less structure compared to larger companies

6. 5.0

Great, fast-growing company

Jun 2, 2020 - Director in Billerica, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Leading important market paradigm shift - Challenging, fast-moving environment - Customer-focused, responsive - Great products with positive surgeon feedback - Highly intelligent, accountable, and supportive team - No egos

Cons

As it is a fast-moving company, it may be challenging for some to keep up with continuous product enhancements and change to better support customers and employees.

VP of HR

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are excited to be change agents in an industry that is desperate for disruption. As to our amazing team, our hiring decisions are based on the exact traits you mention - plus the ability to excel in a fast-past environment – and we are comforted it resonates with you. Point taken around communication – we need to look at developing new ways as our team gets larger. We’d love to hear some of your ideas if you’re interested in sharing further.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Lexington Medical provides a supportive work environment and myriad of hands-on, multidisciplinary experiences.

May 20, 2020 - Mechanical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work at Lexington Medical is never boring. There are multiple projects that require a wide spectrum of engineering and technical skills, which enhances your learning and accommodates for a variety of interests/specializations. Although the projects are often collaborative because they are substantial and hands-on, there is still room to progress independently. Overall, the Lexington Medical team is easy to get along with, willing to lend support, and highly collaborative.

Cons

At times it is challenging to juggle projects in progress. Priorities shift in response to users, field feedback, and other variables, which can alter timelines and change what projects are most significant.

VP of HR

Thank you for such a great review! We are happy to read that you’re enjoying your work and our collaborative culture! Because we take at heart to promptly respond to market feedback, our priorities can shift and our engineers are expected to be versatile. Our ability as a team to be agile and adopt an “all hands-on deck” attitude, allows us to continuously stretch our engineering excellence and the unwavering support we provide to our growing customer base. Meeting our goals as a team while keeping a pulse on individual interests and career objectives is a balance we strive to achieve as we continue to grow the company.

8. 5.0

Incredible Opportunities

Apr 15, 2020 - Product Engineer in Billerica, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I could not be happier with my decision to work for Lexington Medical as my first job coming out of college. Being a small, fast-paced company, I have had the opportunity to be exposed to so many different sectors of the business. From supporting surgeons in the operating room and crafting clinical study protocols to completing verification & validation testing and managing design controls, I have learned more than I ever could have expected.

Cons

Compared to larger medical device companies, there is far less structure. While I struggled with this at first, working with less structure has caused me to step outside of my comfort zone, take on more responsibility, and ultimately grow as an engineer. However, this environment certainly isn't for everyone as it requires you to be extremely organized and a fast learner.

2 people found this review helpful

VP of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! It's nice to hear that your experience at Lexington has been a positive one so far. We are proud of the agile, versatile and meritocratic work environment! We appreciate your hard work and your contributions, and we look forward to your continued success as a part of our team!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Disruptive device with an exciting and growing company

Apr 16, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great comp structure with uncapped earnings - Listen to our customers and make rapid product enhancements based off their feedback. - Trust to make own decisions on how to structure deals per customer. - Less bureaucracy than most larger companies I've previously worked for.

Cons

- Large territories to manage

VP of HR

Thank you for the great review! We are very humbled by the momentum we are building with our employees and our customers as well as the positive feedback we are receiving about our product. Naturally, this excitement also translates into hiring new members for the team in sales, engineering and operations. Thanks for being a part of the Lexington team and our exciting journey!

10. 5.0

Awesome

Mar 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing staff, great work life And family feel

Cons

Pay, no weekend work,

VP of HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We are happy to read that you feel surrounded by a great team and benefit from a positive work environment! Taking care of our people, listening to feedback and actioning change as needed is at the forefront of our priorities; therefore I encourage you to speak with me or your manager where you feel we are not be hitting the mark. We look forward to your future contributions as we continue to grow the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews