Lever Reviews

4.7
Lever Founder and CEO Nate Smith
Nate Smith
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Everyone is super nice, everyone is selfless with their time, everyone wants to you to succeed"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

note: i just finished onboarding. this has been my experience to date. people are super supportive and go out of their way to help you. the sales processes are fairly fleshed out. the training is very comprehensive and responsive to your needs. benefits are there, perks are there, unlimited PTO, expense account. more than that though, the culture is great, very open and transparent, and this is top down. Leadership explicitly wants all levels of the org to be on the same page. Money is there, and the numbers are realistic. Really lovely people to work with.

Cons

remote working environment is not for the faint of heart, some processes aren't finished. you have to be able to learn on your feet and think mindfully. be prepared to go the extra mile if you want to move the needle. work life balance is there, but I end up working super late out of my own volition.

2. COVID-19

"Such a great experience so far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

During the interview process, I had the BEST candidate experience. I could tell that the team really cared about my candidacy and all of my interviewers took the time to get to know my background and what I am looking for in my next opportunity. After signing my offer it just got better, as I received an amazing welcome email from the entire company. Onboarding has been so awesome, even during Covid times! I truly feel like I am part of a company that REALLY cares for their employees. I recently attended my first "All Hands" (Town Hall), and appreciated how transparent the CEO, Nate, was with the entire team. The company has been cash flow positive, even during these uncertain/Covid times, so that also speaks volumes on how the company is being run!

Cons

No cons yet. Keep up the good work!

Continue reading

"Amazing company culture, dedicated sales team committed to your success, and a booming industry full of opportunity."

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Toronto, ON

I worked at Lever full-time

Pros

1. Amazing company culture. The team is committed to creating a positive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity and works day in and day out to exemplify a culture of drive, passion, diversity of thought, and teamwork. 2. The company is run by some incredible leaders who walk the tightrope of flywheel innovation and structural rigor. If you are looking for a company that will help you grow in your sales career and learn quickly, you've found the right one.

Cons

1. Would highly suggest moving towards a quarterly quota vs. a monthly quota.

"Fantastic people who care"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my team. Solid leaders I can learn from, and they treat everyone like humans and give us great support.

Cons

We let off the gas on marketing for a while but the team is growing super quickly again now

5. "Solving interesting problems, with access to interesting data and great colleagues"

Current Employee - Talent Analytics Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Transparency from the leadership team to the entire company - Intelligent coworkers who are happy to help but also give you the autonomy to try things on your own first - Working with world class companies to solve their hiring problems and develop talent analytics strategies - Creative work building custom dashboards, feel like I'm learning a lot about Tableau best practices - Moving towards remote work / mixed model permanently, so lots of flexibility to work where you want without being chained to the office - Excellent benefits package, one of the best I've seen on the market

Cons

- Still working out some bugs with the technology stack, but Engineering / Leadership are aware of the issues and are working to resolve them

Continue reading
  6. "Big supporter of cross-functional empathy"

Current Employee - Head of Product Management in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Smart, low ego people who care about each other's success and well-being, and being able to show up as your true self - Empathetic leadership - Focus on building autonomous product teams valuing outcome driven results - Focus on helping people find opportunities and grow (within) - A lot of inclusion and cultural support giving to the TO employees from SF HQ - Exiting opportunities to tackle in the ATS/TRM world

Cons

- Like any small/startup company, some growing pains that are however acknowledged, addressed and revisited - A lot of processes still to establish (but also exciting and rewarding)

September 17, 2020CEO

Thanks for sharing! I've been really excited by how much growing in Toronto has strengthened Lever. We are now a company of two headquarters, both in San Francisco and Toronto. I agree that it is absolutely critical we enable our product managers and engineers to work autonomously so that we can grow at maximum speed, creativity, and passion. The Lever value of Know Why is about how we can better empower our teams when we explain not only what it is important but also why it is important. When everyone on the team has a clear understanding of motivations for tackling a problem, they can close the feedback loop faster as they develop solutions. Thanks for taking the time to share why you think Lever is special! Best, Nate

7. COVID-19

"I've Enjoyed Every Minute"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at Lever for more than a year now, and honestly have enjoyed every minute of working for this company. Lever has the best, most innovative offering on the ATS marketplace - which makes my job a blast. The entire company is filled with top-notch colleagues and it's clear that leadership takes hiring very seriously. And now that we're on leadership, the direction that they've taken since Covid-19 hit has been exemplary. They have been transparent about everything happening on the business side and I truly believe we're now set up for long-term sustainable success for many years to follow. Lots of upward mobility. In a startup environment, things change quickly. If you can embrace a dynamic environment, Lever is absolutely fantastic.

Cons

Very few - just stick to what you're doing.

June 25, 2020CEO

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Expanding into Toronto has been a great move for Lever, and it has helped us to keep up the momentum with hiring excellent talent. I'm glad that the additional business context has been appreciated. I think it is helping us to perform better than ever. Glad to have you on the team! Nate

8. "Great Culture"

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Culture - Flexible vacation policy - Great work/life balance - Interesting engineering challenges

Cons

- Tech stack is a little dated

9. COVID-19

"Love our Toronto Tribe!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company It started from my very first interaction with Lever, not even working there yet and I fell in love with the culture! I worked at my fair share of SaaS company (including major global player) and Lever has hands down, one of the best hiring processes I've ever experienced. Toronto being the first international office outside of the US, has been a major blessing and success for the company! Not only have we been able to create an amazing culture and cultivate a tribe of exceptional people, the team has been exceeding expectations on all fronts - Sales, Customer Success, Talent Acquisition and R&D! Fully embracing Toronto's stands on diversity, we have people on the team that relocated all the way from all around the globe (including myself) South Africa, the UK, the US and Germany to join the team here. Great benefits, generous WFH and holiday policies and great wellness perks! Many trips to our HQ in San Francisco, to connect and collaborate with our counterparts and or enjoy a company getaway at Lake Tahoe in the summer! The role - Fantastic product which I 100% believe in, which makes it easy to sell - Competitive Pay - Realistic Quota Attainment and therefore great way to overachieve and hit accelerators It's not just professionals working together, great friendships have formed beyond the scope of the office, particularly noticeable during a pandemic when we all showed up for each other in many many ways.

Cons

Establishing a new office is already challenging enough, doing it in a different country - a whole different story. Structure and processes weren't necessarily in place yet, so growing pains were definitely present. The workload can be very demanding because Lever's customer base is growing quickly globally, so you need to be willing to put in the work to be successful.

July 13, 2020CEO

I'm delighted to hear that our hiring process made such a difference in your experience of joining the company! Candidate experience is one of the most important ways we looked to establish culture, and as you described, I think it has been a strength in our ability to expand to additional locations so effectively. Can't wait until we can gather in person again! But creativity loves constraints, and this year's company getaway is going to be epic even as we figure out how to make it virtual. Thanks for sharing your experience working at Lever. I hope it becomes part of some else's journey joining our diverse team in Toronto or elsewhere. Best, Nate

"They rescinded my offer in sales the day before I was supposed to start training."

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some nice people that work there.

Cons

I left a really good company to pursue a role at Lever that I thought would expand my skill set and career potential. Everything looked great on paper in terms of them being a forward thinking HR tech company, expanding in Canada and branding themselves as an organization with strong values and care for employees. The day before I was supposed to start my training program, they informed me via conference call that due to "business conditions" and the need to pivot quickly as an organization, they would be rescinding my offer. Their actions left me jobless and what felt weird about the whole experience was how they practically justified their action as being par for the course as a startup business. As someone with a strong network in the Toronto tech start-up space, I can tell you this is not normal. In fact, it's extremely rare and every single person who I told this story too was shocked and disgusted.

November 19, 2019VP, People

Thank you for sharing your perspective and feedback with us. We recognize we left you in the lurch, and we are really sorry. We have never had a situation like this one before, and it wasn't a decision we made lightly. As we talked about on our call, the team you were hired to join merged with another, and the role you were to come into didn't exist at Lever anymore. This was a big change for us internally, and we know it impacted you as well and wanted to let you know as soon as we did that this was the case. We always try to do right by our people (those who have been with us for years and those who haven't started yet), even when in the midst of fast-paced startup uncertainty and change. This was a learning experience for us. We know several members on our team have offered to connect you to folks in their networks to help you in your job search. If we can be of any help, for referrals or tapping our network as well, please let us know. We're here to help however we can!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 167 Reviews