Lever Reviews

4.5
Lever Founder and CEO Nate Smith
Nate Smith
Pros
Cons
  • "Definitely has growing pains, but nothing gets better by staying the same(in 23 reviews)

• "We do have turnover like any company, which can be frustrating, but it comes with the territory of being a growing startup(in 7 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Love our Toronto Tribe!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company It started from my very first interaction with Lever, not even working there yet and I fell in love with the culture! I worked at my fair share of SaaS company (including major global player) and Lever has hands down, one of the best hiring processes I've ever experienced. Toronto being the first international office outside of the US, has been a major blessing and success for the company! Not only have we been able to create an amazing culture and cultivate a tribe of exceptional people, the team has been exceeding expectations on all fronts - Sales, Customer Success, Talent Acquisition and R&D! Fully embracing Toronto's stands on diversity, we have people on the team that relocated all the way from all around the globe (including myself) South Africa, the UK, the US and Germany to join the team here. Great benefits, generous WFH and holiday policies and great wellness perks! Many trips to our HQ in San Francisco, to connect and collaborate with our counterparts and or enjoy a company getaway at Lake Tahoe in the summer! The role - Fantastic product which I 100% believe in, which makes it easy to sell - Competitive Pay - Realistic Quota Attainment and therefore great way to overachieve and hit accelerators It's not just professionals working together, great friendships have formed beyond the scope of the office, particularly noticeable during a pandemic when we all showed up for each other in many many ways.

Cons

Establishing a new office is already challenging enough, doing it in a different country - a whole different story. Structure and processes weren't necessarily in place yet, so growing pains were definitely present. The workload can be very demanding because Lever's customer base is growing quickly globally, so you need to be willing to put in the work to be successful.

2. COVID-19

"I've Enjoyed Every Minute"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at Lever for more than a year now, and honestly have enjoyed every minute of working for this company. Lever has the best, most innovative offering on the ATS marketplace - which makes my job a blast. The entire company is filled with top-notch colleagues and it's clear that leadership takes hiring very seriously. And now that we're on leadership, the direction that they've taken since Covid-19 hit has been exemplary. They have been transparent about everything happening on the business side and I truly believe we're now set up for long-term sustainable success for many years to follow. Lots of upward mobility. In a startup environment, things change quickly. If you can embrace a dynamic environment, Lever is absolutely fantastic.

Cons

Very few - just stick to what you're doing.

June 25, 2020CEO

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Expanding into Toronto has been a great move for Lever, and it has helped us to keep up the momentum with hiring excellent talent. I'm glad that the additional business context has been appreciated. I think it is helping us to perform better than ever. Glad to have you on the team! Nate

"Toronto office and team here are amazing!!"

Current Employee - Customer Success - Toronto in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Top SaaS company in Toronto - Great team environment. Lots of energy. Come and meet the people here and you'll fall in love with Lever Toronto - Product is killing it in the market - New CSM team in Toronto and we are still growing... perfect chance to leave a legacy and bring impact - Exciting time for the company and the team. LOTS OF ENERGY!! - There are some negative reviews on glassdoor but to be honest I don't feel that way at all in this office... we have good leaders here and I'm excited to go to work everyday!

Cons

- Lots of work to do, it's not a place for someone who wants a 9-5 environment.

"Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing Culture - Great work/life balance - Everyone is will to help you - No egos

Cons

- Plenty of work to do - Tech stack is rather unique, so it might be frustrating coming

"A company where the values are lived"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are empathetic, thoughtful and kind We get to build an application platform, opportunities to build new system services Lots of opportunities and excitement in the Toronto office as we're growing quickly Great work/life balance

Cons

Just moved into a new WeWork office that isn't fully set up yet, but that will resolve itself!

December 6, 2019Director of Recruiting

Thanks for sharing your experience! We're really glad to hear you're enjoying Leveroos and the work itself! We definitely hear you on the pain points around our WeWork space in Toronto. Thanks for your patience while the kinks are worked out!

6. "Great environment to grow in Toronto!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Excellent culture around diversity and inclusion * Does not celebrate "hero coders" and encourages a balanced lifestyle * Very flexible in terms of work hours / work from home * Startup culture means people are extremely passionate about the product * Friendly people with lots of different backgrounds * Nice perks e.g. lunch, health benefits, * The current WeWork location is very centrally located close to shopping and transport

Cons

* Maybe not really a con in the true sense but there's a lot of work to be done on the engineering tooling / experience * Custom stack may not be for everyone, especially those that want experience in a specific framework

"Opportunity for growth, Be ready to work hard"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company values those who commit and work hard. You get what you give, so be ready to work hard and it will pay off. There are interesting opportunities for growth, and they pay attention to your potential.

Cons

Like any organization, there is constant change. You've got to be willing to roll with it or you won't enjoy working here.

Continue reading

"They rescinded my offer in sales the day before I was supposed to start training."

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some nice people that work there.

Cons

I left a really good company to pursue a role at Lever that I thought would expand my skill set and career potential. Everything looked great on paper in terms of them being a forward thinking HR tech company, expanding in Canada and branding themselves as an organization with strong values and care for employees. The day before I was supposed to start my training program, they informed me via conference call that due to "business conditions" and the need to pivot quickly as an organization, they would be rescinding my offer. Their actions left me jobless and what felt weird about the whole experience was how they practically justified their action as being par for the course as a startup business. As someone with a strong network in the Toronto tech start-up space, I can tell you this is not normal. In fact, it's extremely rare and every single person who I told this story too was shocked and disgusted.

November 19, 2019VP, People

Thank you for sharing your perspective and feedback with us. We recognize we left you in the lurch, and we are really sorry. We have never had a situation like this one before, and it wasn't a decision we made lightly. As we talked about on our call, the team you were hired to join merged with another, and the role you were to come into didn't exist at Lever anymore. This was a big change for us internally, and we know it impacted you as well and wanted to let you know as soon as we did that this was the case. We always try to do right by our people (those who have been with us for years and those who haven't started yet), even when in the midst of fast-paced startup uncertainty and change. This was a learning experience for us. We know several members on our team have offered to connect you to folks in their networks to help you in your job search. If we can be of any help, for referrals or tapping our network as well, please let us know. We're here to help however we can!

"The Best Company Culture/Climate/Interview Experience/On boarding Experience!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

Let's start with Lever's best-in-breed, design centric, revolutionary suite of products all dedicated to talent acquisition. I have worked in some highly recognized companies before Lever, and none of them came close to Lever in terms of the on-boarding experience. I hope that other companies can look at Lever as a role model for creating a culture of inclusion and diversity, true collaboration spirit, and one where you feel empowered to learn and grow!

Cons

Not applicable what so ever !

"Horrible"

1.0

I worked at Lever

Pros

They have start up money which in turn is passed on to their employees. They attempt to offer the usual perks that one expects with a silicon valley job.

Cons

Honestly, they do not know how to run a company. This is not only from a financial point of view but from an actual HR one. They are incredibly high on them selves which can be good but any attempt to suggest improvement is shut down. They shout inclusiveness from the rooftop but only to certain groups.

July 27, 2016CMO

Thanks for taking the time to submit feedback. We're really sorry you didn't feel heard or included while you worked with us - we really do make every effort to create a culture which promotes cross-functional empathy, listening and genuine inclusiveness. We'll continue to work on it.

Found 138 reviews