League Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2020

3.7
League Founder and CEO Michael Serbinis
Michael Serbinis
Pros
  • "The leadership team is totally invested in employees and our engagement(in 6 reviews)

• "healthy snacks, yoga classes, Classpass credits, wellness events, health and lifestyle spending accounts)(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Really fast paced, so its not for everyone(in 6 reviews)

• "expect long hours during health enrollment season(in 5 reviews)

"Good people and perks"

Current Employee - Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at League full-time for more than a year

Pros

League cares a lot about people we have a lot of perks. We got uber eats instead of ritual when we had to start working from home. I like the unlimited vacation and now we have friday afternoons off for the summer. Everyone here is really smart and we are doing a lot of good things for helping people be healthier. Not a lot of companies in the city make it as far as we have and its exciting to be here.

Cons

We had to give up some of our pay so that the company would survive some people were laid off

2. COVID-19

"Great potential but small mindedness might hinder scalability"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I worked at League full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great work life balance e.g. almost no meeting between 12noon and 2pm - Reasonable actions, detailed and genuine communication from the CEO and top executives with regards to the pandemic

Cons

- People are not recognised for great project management practice, instead penalised for unproven nitpicking - The nitpicking is an attempt to hold on to political power against the threat of external expertise and influence

Continue reading

"Awesome company with opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at League full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Leaders really care about the industry and mission - Sales leaders are engaged and invested in teh success of their people - Lots of opportunity for growth (many people can change teams if they want to) - Everyone really helps each other out and cares about each other - Benefits are really cool (ink blot, uber eats, class pass, flow time)

Cons

- Really fast paced, so its not for everyone - The offices are really nice (so i hope i can go back soon) - Hard to sell in the current economy

"Amazing company to work at - strong leadership team and very supportive people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at League full-time for more than a year

Pros

An amazing company where everyone strongly believes in the mission. Everyone here goes above and beyond when looking out for their teams and others. Individuals are always generous with their time to help out when needed. People work hard to achieve ambitious goals and it's amazing to see what League's been able to achieve in only 5 years! I'm excited to continue on this journey.

Cons

Sometimes longer hours but still very balanced for a high growth environment.

5. COVID-19

"Inner Circles and Politics"

I have been working at League full-time for less than a year

Pros

Life Spending Account that matters to people

Cons

They just let go 23 people with Covid-19. Inner circle with toxic environmental. No direction on on-boarding process.

League Response

June 22, 2020League Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we’re saddened to hear that you haven’t had a positive time at League. You’re right, we had to make some changes to our team and we minimized the impact to jobs as much as we possibly could. This has been a difficult economic time for many people. We have several resources available for onboarding including; first day orientation, 30-60-90 day plans, our Leaguemate program, and many others. If you have feedback to share that could help us make onboarding even better - please send a note to people@league.com or use the anonymous Slack channel or Culture Amp!

"Please read this! 5* reviews are planted!"

I have been working at League full-time for more than a year

Pros

some of the people, pay

Cons

Wanted to let you guys know I added the review of "Toxic culture, unhappy employees, ignorant leadership" on Thursday June 4th, and the following Monday there were THREE 5 star reviews posted, on the same day. If this isn't clear evidence you shouldn't work here I don't know what is. What have you guys got to hide? Why do you need to plant good reviews?

"Lack of Accountability"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at League full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Nice to have perks that come with being at a tech startup - A lot of talented and intelligent individuals

Cons

- Lack of accountability across leadership and managers - Non existent role-specific onboarding, a lot of employees feel like they are being "thrown into the fire" - Disparate divisions - Toxic culture due to toxic individuals normalizing how people are being treated\ - Non consistency with mission, too much consistency on prioritizing sales over what their values are - A lot of people are burnt out, and are given tasks where they may not be set up for success, that weighs on you

Continue reading

"Unsellable Product - Terrible Leadership Team"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at League full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company had a high profile

Cons

Poor leadership, lacks ownership. Very flawed strategic vision, company seems to be made up of people that use League as a platform to raise their own personal profile vs. contributing to company success in any meaningful way.

Continue reading

"Great place to work, with a good product idea and talented people."

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I worked at League full-time for less than a year

Pros

League tick the boxes in so many different areas, there is a no fuss approach to benefits and making sure engineers have what they need. I was given a lot of trust and flexibility in my working schedule which I had a lot of appreciation for. - Beautiful Office - Unlimited Vacation - Benefits - Get to use your own product - Design Team are really rocking it - Talented People - Innovate Product - Great location - Modern tech stack - Culture initiatives, Heath and Wellness related - Compensation - Equipment - Engineering Culture - Open Meetings

Cons

League is rapidly growing company and as a newcomer I struggled to build meaningful relationships with co-workers. This left me to feel quite isolated at times. The quality of engineering varies, but I think people care and are passionate, they may be under pressured circumstances or tight delivery deadlines.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at League full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and people! There is some really cool work being done here! For a company that is only 5 years old it's amazing to see so many things well defined on par if not exceeding other companies.

Cons

Fast growth can lead to some ambiguity

Found 86 reviews