Lannick Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Lannick CEO Peter Jeewan
Peter Jeewan

"Work hard play hard"

I have been working at Lannick full-time

Pros

- Exposure to different industries - High earning potential, one of the best compensation structures in the industry - Consistent on the job training & development, mentorship and guidance, this is an environment that actually fosters success - Clear/open/transparent communication with managers and senior leadership - Good culture & team environment - Low turnover in comparison to other recruitment... firms and staffing as a whole

Cons

Recruitment is not for everyone – Lannick is definitely a metrics driven environment. They make it clear to you at the very beginning, from the first intake phone call and throughout the entire interview process. Some people aren’t cut out for a KPI driven environment, and that’s okay! To succeed here you definitely need a work hard, play hard mentality.

Advice to Management

- We need more interview rooms - More social events

Lannick2018-10-03

October 24, 2018Director, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your review! We're glad you're here!

2. "Manager"

I worked at Lannick full-time

Pros

Company has work life balance

Cons

Company is not very diverse

Lannick2019-05-09

May 9, 2019Director, Marketing & Communications

At Lannick, one of our greatest assets is the diversity of our team. As you can see from our Team Directory on www.lannick.com, Lannick is comprised of a unique group of individuals who each bring something special to the company: - Number of visible minorities: 55% of staff - Number of Men: 55% of staff - Number of Women = 45% of staff Having an inclusive workplace that is accepting of all people is something we pride ourselves on and will continue to maintain in our hiring practices.

"Client Services"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick full-time

Pros

I have been working at Lannick for three years and have to say that they really have lived up to the expectations that they set with respect to both the learning and earning potential. I did not know that making this kind of money was possible at such an early stage of my career, but the more I work here the harder I feel that it will be to leave as I become more entrenched in the business. Management and senior... leadership are great - very open, honest, empowering and transparent. I am looking forward to (hopefully) many more years to come and I'm excited what the future holds.

Cons

Be mindful of what success looks like here before you accept an offer. While they do a great job at setting expectations in terms of salary/experience, it's hard to fully comprehend the grind of dialing the phones, meeting with clients/candidates, dealing with rejecting, etc. if you have never done it before.

Advice to Management

If I could give any piece of advice it would be to ensure that a typical day, week, month, and quarter looks like more clearly during the interview process.

Lannick2018-10-01

October 2, 2018Director, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your Lannick experience! #ProudToWearThe Jersey!

"Great place, awesome co-workers!"

Current Employee - Client Service Associate

I have been working at Lannick full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Great team, Awesome Culture, very metrics oriented. You will go far if you are focused and willing to grind HARD. *Amazing people at the company, truly love working here. *Monthly group events, lots of fun! (when they aren't cancelled) *VERY high growth potential, were recently acquired by Vaco: a global recruitment firm that is expanding into Canada, using Lannick as its vehicle for growth. *The executive team... is definitely amazing. They are all very fun, awesome and transparent.

Cons

*They try and low-ball your salary and sell you on the variable income you will make. They are looking out for their best interests just like any other company and will often overhype the possibility of the money you can make within your first couple of years. Recruitment is a long game, if you plan on quitting within the next 2 years, don't even bother joining the industry.

Advice to Management

Stop canceling the Thirsty Thursdays! It's a chance for employees to bond and become stronger. Have more social events to have the employees bond with eachother.

Lannick2018-09-12

September 13, 2018Director, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your Lannick experience! We agree, our culture is pretty special and we're glad to have awesome people like you on our team. Your hard work is much appreciated, and our massive success this past year is a direct result of everyone's commitment to crushing their goals. While we can't disclose anything right now, we have some big plans for 2019 that will create a lot of opportunities for everyone at Lannick - stay tuned! Like any other sales-based company, we offer a variable-based compensation package, and we're proud to offer one of the most lucrative commission models across all GTA staffing firms. As you mentioned, recruitment is a long game and it can take varying amounts of time for a new Associate to ramp up and start producing at a high level. Our management team is always happy to discuss our compensation structure and divisional cohort analysis as it relates to our industry-exclusive career path if you have any questions. We're glad you've enjoyed our social events. Good news - Thirsty Thursdays are back on the regular schedule and we also have some fantastic Social Committee and holiday events coming up!

"Manager"

I have been working at Lannick full-time

Pros

The people are simply incredible. There a very clear path to follow towards earning a six-figure income and a few dozen examples of people starting 4-5 years ago that are now heavy-hitters.

Cons

Sales and recruitment isn't for everyone. You need to love metrics and obsess about customer service 24/7 in order to be truly successful.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Lannick2018-03-19

March 26, 2018Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Glad to hear you've been loving your time at Lannick! We're incredibly proud of our team and the success they've enjoyed.

"Dream company that's actually a reality."

Current Employee - Manager, Recruitment Services in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick full-time for more than a year

Pros

- the unbelievable level of support from everyone around in all aspects of work, life, and otherwise. - unprecedented rate of annual growth (20-25%)- both at the corporate and personal levels! - my colleagues are also some of my close friends. - positive and collaborative dynamics between the various groups- it's all about working together, not trying to protect yourself - BEST BOSS EVER - Kevin Jeewan! -... If you're struggling, they don't let you throw in the towel and they never give up on you - they work with you to figure out a solid action plan that picks you right back up again. - the care, consideration, and attention provided to one another is truly unlike any other place I've been before.

Cons

- Nothing that comes to mind. :)

Advice to Management

Thank you for your ongoing support and commitment to us all - you are all leading by example and we have tremendous respect for your hard work! Let's keep this going strong in the short, medium, and long-term!

Lannick2018-03-09

March 12, 2018Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your Lannick experience! We're proud of everyone's continued success and we're glad to have champions like you on the Lannick team!

"Great Company & Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've never had a more encouraging and fun working environment in my past employment opportunities.

Cons

You definitely have to pay your dues to get to a successful place - it's totally up to you to reach your own level of success!

Lannick2018-03-07

March 26, 2018Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your review! We're glad to have motivated champions like you on our team!

"Unethical workplace"

I worked at Lannick full-time

Pros

Location, city view, flexible hours, eating options

Cons

I worked at Lannick for over 5 years. In my time with Lannick I watched the company change culture similar to a cutthroat competitive environment where unethical practices are far too common. The worst part is management is aware of such practices and encourage it, I witnessed candidates being presented to opportunities after they received an offer from a client simply because the profit margin was bigger. Some... colleagues blatantly disrespect each other and again, management turns a blind eye. Perhaps the most unethical practice was headhunting professionals from permanent full time positions to then put them through a one week intensive trial training where most people don’t pass. If you don’t pass the training tests then you are immediately let go. I questioned why they would pull someone out of a perfectly stable job knowing that there was a high likelihood they would be fired. I’ve also seen them terminate people who were about to go on vacation, start a family, etc. Basically, if you weren’t in with the managers then you were disposable. Questioning practices were always frowned upon. If you really want to thrive in a very competitive environment then go to a real global company like Robert Half. If you want a truly professional work environment where you are learning and actually using your brain then go to a corporate hr job. One more thing, everyone got “promoted”. That’s he biggest joke of all time. Everyone was simply given ridiculous titles like Senior Manager or manager when they don’t manage anyone at all. The true managers were never given any kind of management training on performance management, etc. The funny thing is when these “senior managers” apply for external opportunities, their resumes will be overlooked. Stay far away!

Advice to Management

Quit and sell the company back to the former CEO. He truly ran a reputable respected firm.

Lannick2018-03-23

March 26, 2018Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thank you for your review; however, only small parts of it are factual and the majority of it is simply a byproduct of someone that has obviously become disgruntled over time. Since day one we make it clear to all staff that when it comes to your career at Lannick, you must either love it, change it or leave it. Let’s begin with our culture. You almost got this one right. We have indeed changed a great deal over the past five years, which directly has resulted in our staff earning at least 30-40% more in commissions on an annual basis and growing the company to an unprecedented level in its history. We have become a metrics-driven environment for several reasons: 1) Most professional recruiters demand a defined performance management system and process that makes it super clear on how to achieve their quarterly goals. 2) We tie our quarterly goals to our budget which means everyone is directly accountable for the company’s success. Our Winner’s Circle Program rewards our producers for meeting and exceeding their goals on a regular basis, which are very much achievable and based on industry standards. 3) Our exclusive Lannick Career Path is directly tied to these goals and our producers are only promoted when these goals are achieved, as well as when the appropriate level of tenure is completed. Top producers, particularly those that demonstrate a willingness to succeed, will no doubt be promoted through the Career Path at a faster rate. Manager titles may also reflect managing a significant client or candidate base, not just employees, which is common in many industries. 4) Our employee surveys highlight a happy and motivated group of professionals who are proud to have selected Lannick for their long-term career. 5) We are an employee-driven culture which means we quickly respond to staff when they provide suggestions for improvement – unless these suggestions are in direct contrast with our metrics-based approach. We are exceptionally proud of our internal recruitment process and make it very clear to prospective internal candidates about what it takes to succeed at Lannick and the type of training and support that is provided. Although when and where our staff are directed by way of division or practice area will always be based on business needs, we will do our best to accommodate their interests at every step of the way. Our team is our most valuable asset and we will do everything in our power to retain those that reflect our values. As for the reference to flexible hours, this one you got wrong. Our teams know that success means showing up to work on time, using the programs in place for time-focused activity and tracking results, and doing what it takes to get the job done right for our clients and candidates. For our candidates, this means continuing to present them for all roles and opportunities until an offer of employment has been signed. It’s not about Lannick’s profit margin. Our Dedicated Service Model is designed to put our customers’ needs first. Candidates have full autonomy to decide which roles are best for their career progression, especially in a competitive market. We understand that we are not for everyone and that’s okay. We are exceptionally proud of who we are, what we have accomplished and the incredible team we have in place to take us to new heights.

"The best firm in Toronto!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been at Lannick for several years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The culture and the people we have here are outstanding! It's refreshing to be able to work alongside a group of motivated, professional and fun-loving people!

Cons

The work is fast-paced and can sometimes be demanding, so it's certainly not for everyone

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in the right people, as the culture we have in place is our greatest strength!

Lannick2018-01-12

January 15, 2018Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your Lannick experience! We're super proud of our culture and fantastic Lannick team!

"Recruiter"

I worked at Lannick full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fantastic Social Setting, work dynamic is fun and very engaging -Great for people who are very charismatic and interactive -Company holds many events thus creating an increase in employment engagement -Always have awards/prizes for top contender/employee of the quarter

Cons

- Favoritism and unfairness & minor sexism came into play, often depending on how well you got along with others, personality etc., You would progress into a higher role than someone who started less than a month ago/ and or giving out quarterly prizes to one person over the other (factoring in time of length they were there -- not very accurate) - Very competitive in terms of high expectations in regards to... metrics (sink or swim) - VERY LOW compensation (unless you are doing well ( will take you approx 6 months or longer to obtain a steady extra $$$) you probable will make 35K starting mark) - Company Training - a mandatory 3 days of overload information, not well done... (needs hands on and in-house information sessions combined for full effect) - Selfishness - taking other's internal recruit $$$ - no set define lines, rules etc.,

Advice to Management

- Management was very passive aggressive, not an individual or source to go to for problems, didn't make the experience as enjoyable as it could have been.

Lannick2017-09-21

September 28, 2017Chief Administrative Officer

Perception can be reality and there isn’t much reality taking place within this review. - Let's begin with the prize situation. This was a one-time scenario and was clearly explained to the reviewer that it was, in fact, an error on our part, which we openly admitted to and made good on. No firm is perfect, and we've since put measures in place to prevent this from happening again. To hold this type of resentment all of these months later truly speaks to a lack of maturity and understanding that people can, in fact, make mistakes from time to time. - To suggest favouritism or sexism is simply untrue, highly unprofessional, and directly contradicts the reviewer's comment of “fantastic social setting” – how can both mutually exist? - Lannick is very competitive in terms of high expectations – welcome to sales. It’s certainly not for everyone, but we have created great wealth, career development and stability for dozens of our employees; both women and men. Feel free to ask them for yourself. The reviewer started in one of the most junior roles in the company and left earning approximately $62K in total compensation (on a per annum basis). Not bad for just over a year in the seat…and was on track for a six-figure salary in a short order. - We survey all staff after each and every new hire orientation and receive nothing but positive feedback. Content is also updated on a regular basis to ensure that our new hires are fully equipped to go to market and grow their careers on our highly touted career path. - There is a very simple process for submitting internal referrals, which is clearly outlined in an email that is distributed to staff twice per week, which everyone is very clear on. There may be times when we fail, but at least we fail forward and make improvements as we go, as we've done since our inception more than 33 years ago. Those that have the courage to voice their concerns to management will always end up on top, especially in our culture where learning and continuous improvement will never stop. Even still, we wish this reviewer nothing but the best in the future, which we know we are directly responsible for having created the necessary discipline and skills to thrive in any professional environment.

Found 23 reviews