Lannick Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Client Services in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Client Services in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working here since 2012 and have seen Lannick transition from a high-turnover, challenging (at times) place to work to a truly amazing culture that fosters healthy competition and rewarding compensation. If you like sales and are motivated by making money, then this is an excellent environment for you thrive. There is also a very transparent career ladder in place that highlights the necessary tenure, production and activity criteria required for a promotion, so there is always something to work towards!

Cons

If you aren't comfortable working in a sales environment that requires you to make a lot of outbound calls, then this is not the place for you. The comp plans are great, but the benefits are average at best.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "A great place to be."

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A true outlier in the big agency world. Great culture, constantly innovating very supportive,

Cons

Nothing jumps to mind. Great salaries, commissions and culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

3. "Lannick Review"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Toronto, ON

Pros

Opportunity to move up. Great people. Incentive. Opp to make some good money.

Cons

Low salary. Must be good with sales or it can get stressful. Soft skills are a must. Not for everybody.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

5. "Sr. Associate - Recruitment Services"

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Recruitment Services in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Recruitment Services in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team/colleagues, overall good compensation package with lots of potential for high commission earnings and other perks (quarterly Top 50 Award, Top Producer Award, MVP Award). Interesting work.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

6. "Recruitment Services"

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time

Pros

Supportive, matrix driven, high earning potential

Cons

can't think of any thing

"Typical Curn and Burn Recruitment Shop"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Lannick Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed a 1.5 hour lunch each day and generally you can leave each day around 4 pm because that's when senior management leaves.

Cons

During my time at Lannick I witnessed a definite shift towards a high volume, low quality, KPI driven recruitment model. Any focus on a consultitive approach with both clients and candidates was lost and quantity over quality was incentivized. And when I say incentivized I don't mean rewarded but instead you could stay clear or the commonly used performance management plan.

This churn and burn approach is certainly what contributed to them having around 60% staff turnover in a year. 40% of that resigning and the remaining 20% being walked without any notice.

Along with this, leadership spent very little time at all on staff development or training and absolutely no money whatsoever on team building.

Advice to Management

Empower your staff and don't micromanage by numbers. I wouldn't also advise to lead by example and begin by working a full (at minimum) 8 hour day each day.

10 Nov, 2015 – Chief Administrative Officer

The information posted in this review is simply untrue. Please allow me to correct this individual with the following facts: 1) We have grown our total staff count by 20% over the past 12 months and... More

"Associate"

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time

Pros

- Chance to make good money if you make placements

Cons

- Sometimes, it feels like it's about face time.

Advice to Management

Allow more flexibility for employees who believe they can be more productive and for those who request it. This will ensure happy, long-standing employees.

7 Oct, 2015 – Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, this is an open door policy environment. As such, I highly encourage you to speak with your supervisor, human resources or any member of the Senior... More

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my years here, the culture has shifted to a highly competent and fun loving group of people that really care about the Lannick brand, the success of the company, and the success of each individual. Clear and direct career planning, mentorship, specific high activity time focus and an amazing database have really helped this company become what it is today. Whether you are a relatively junior business graduate, or a designated Accountant looking to move into Sales/Recruitment, the senior members of the organization know how to teach success.

Cons

Sales environments lead to stressful situations, and the expectations of Sales/Recruitment professionals are always high, particularly between 8:30am and 5:30pm. That may sounds alluring, but it is difficult to be completely focused for that length of time. Working overtime will not help you here, and it won't earn you bonus points. Being extremely efficient is the only way. You will be on the phone very much here, so if that isn’t your thing, then this will not be the right opportunity for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in marketing efforts to improve brand awareness on a wider scale.

"Inclusive, exciting atmosphere with tons of opportunity for growth!"

Current Employee - Recruitment in North York, ON
    Current Employee - Recruitment in North York, ON

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- I never dread going to work. Never.
    - The culture is competitive in the most positive way possible; the way players on the same team compete with one another - but win together.
    - There is a clear and well-defined path of success, as well as progression within the company.
    - Management is always transparent, and always available for any questions or concerns.
    - The Lannick brand is growing every day - the competition knows and fears us. It's a great feeling.

Cons

- Though the turnover rate is lower here than in similar companies, the recruitment industry as a whole suffers from some attrition over time - especially at entry level positions.
    - Those who are not self-motivators need not apply

Advice to Management

- The beer fridge is running low

"Challenging, professional, rewarding and fun environment."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Lannick Group (More than a year)

Pros

A proud and productive culture, embracing friendly competition. Leadership is committed to ensuring staff is set up for success with a formal career map detailing career progression and required time in position; and, formal evaluations. Investments made in technology and performance management improving efficiency and productivity. It's a hard working fun environment.

Cons

As with any sales driven organization, the pace is relentless and isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

13 Apr, 2015 – Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for the great feedback. We're looking forward to a bigger and better 2015!