Lannick Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Lannick Group President, Canadian Operations Peter Jeewan
Peter Jeewan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Dream company that's actually a reality."

Current Employee - Manager, Recruitment Services in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Manager, Recruitment Services in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- the unbelievable level of support from everyone around in all aspects of work, life, and otherwise.
    - unprecedented rate of annual growth (20-25%)- both at the corporate and personal levels!
    - my colleagues are also some of my close friends.
    - positive and collaborative dynamics between the various groups- it's all about working together, not trying to protect yourself
    - BEST BOSS EVER - Kevin Jeewan!
    - If you're struggling, they don't let you throw in the towel and they never give up on you - they work with you to figure out a solid action plan that picks you right back up again.
    - the care, consideration, and attention provided to one another is truly unlike any other place I've been before.

Cons

- Nothing that comes to mind. :)

Advice to Management

Thank you for your ongoing support and commitment to us all - you are all leading by example and we have tremendous respect for your hard work! Let's keep this going strong in the short, medium, and long-term!

12 Mar, 2018 – Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your Lannick experience! We're proud of everyone's continued success and we're glad to have champions like you on the Lannick team!

"Manager"

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time

Pros

The people are simply incredible. There a very clear path to follow towards earning a six-figure income and a few dozen examples of people starting 4-5 years ago that are now heavy-hitters.

Cons

Sales and recruitment isn't for everyone. You need to love metrics and obsess about customer service 24/7 in order to be truly successful.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

26 Mar, 2018 – Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Glad to hear you've been loving your time at Lannick! We're incredibly proud of our team and the success they've enjoyed.

3. "Great Company & Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never had a more encouraging and fun working environment in my past employment opportunities.

Cons

You definitely have to pay your dues to get to a successful place - it's totally up to you to reach your own level of success!

26 Mar, 2018 – Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your review! We're glad to have motivated champions like you on our team!

"Unethical workplace"

I worked at Lannick Group full-time

Pros

Location, city view, flexible hours, eating options

Cons

I worked at Lannick for over 5 years. In my time with Lannick I watched the company change culture similar to a cutthroat competitive environment where unethical practices are far too common. The worst part is management is aware of such practices and encourage it, I witnessed candidates being presented to opportunities after they received an offer from a client simply because the profit margin was bigger. Some colleagues blatantly disrespect each other and again, management turns a blind eye. Perhaps the most unethical practice was headhunting professionals from permanent full time positions to then put them through a one week intensive trial training where most people don’t pass. If you don’t pass the training tests then you are immediately let go. I questioned why they would pull someone out of a perfectly stable job knowing that there was a high likelihood they would be fired. I’ve also seen them terminate people who were about to go on vacation, start a family, etc. Basically, if you weren’t in with the managers then you were disposable. Questioning practices were always frowned upon. If you really want to thrive in a very competitive environment then go to a real global company like Robert Half. If you want a truly professional work environment where you are learning and actually using your brain then go to a corporate hr job. One more thing, everyone got “promoted”. That’s he biggest joke of all time. Everyone was simply given ridiculous titles like Senior Manager or manager when they don’t manage anyone at all. The true managers were never given any kind of management training on performance management, etc. The funny thing is when these “senior managers” apply for external opportunities, their resumes will be overlooked. Stay far away!

Advice to Management

Quit and sell the company back to the former CEO. He truly ran a reputable respected firm.

26 Mar, 2018 – Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thank you for your review; however, only small parts of it are factual and the majority of it is simply a byproduct of someone that has obviously become disgruntled over time. Since day one we make... More

5. "The best firm in Toronto!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at Lannick for several years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The culture and the people we have here are outstanding! It's refreshing to be able to work alongside a group of motivated, professional and fun-loving people!

Cons

The work is fast-paced and can sometimes be demanding, so it's certainly not for everyone

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in the right people, as the culture we have in place is our greatest strength!

15 Jan, 2018 – Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your Lannick experience! We're super proud of our culture and fantastic Lannick team!

"Recruiter"

I worked at Lannick Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic Social Setting, work dynamic is fun and very engaging
    -Great for people who are very charismatic and interactive
    -Company holds many events thus creating an increase in employment engagement
    -Always have awards/prizes for top contender/employee of the quarter

Cons

- Favoritism and unfairness & minor sexism came into play, often depending on how well you got along with others, personality etc., You would progress into a higher role than someone who started less than a month ago/ and or giving out quarterly prizes to one person over the other (factoring in time of length they were there -- not very accurate)
    - Very competitive in terms of high expectations in regards to metrics (sink or swim)
    - VERY LOW compensation (unless you are doing well ( will take you approx 6 months or longer to obtain a steady extra $$$)
     you probable will make 35K starting mark)
    - Company Training - a mandatory 3 days of overload information, not well done... (needs hands on and in-house information sessions combined for full effect)
    - Selfishness - taking other's internal recruit $$$ - no set define lines, rules etc.,

Advice to Management

- Management was very passive aggressive, not an individual or source to go to for problems, didn't make the experience as enjoyable as it could have been.

28 Sep, 2017 – Chief Administrative Officer

Perception can be reality and there isn’t much reality taking place within this review.
    - Let's begin with the prize situation. This was a one-time scenario and was clearly explained to the... More

7. "A great place to be."

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A true outlier in the big agency world. Great culture, constantly innovating very supportive,

Cons

Nothing jumps to mind. Great salaries, commissions and culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

8. "Lannick Review"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Toronto, ON

Pros

Opportunity to move up. Great people. Incentive. Opp to make some good money.

Cons

Low salary. Must be good with sales or it can get stressful. Soft skills are a must. Not for everybody.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

9. "Sr. Associate - Recruitment Services"

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Recruitment Services in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Recruitment Services in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team/colleagues, overall good compensation package with lots of potential for high commission earnings and other perks (quarterly Top 50 Award, Top Producer Award, MVP Award). Interesting work.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "Recruitment Services"

I have been working at Lannick Group full-time

Pros

Supportive, matrix driven, high earning potential

Cons

can't think of any thing