LMG Global Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

LMG Global Reviews

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.9
LMG Global CEO John Graham  (no image)
John Graham
Pros
  • "I also got a chance to go on business trips to Philadelphia and Miami(in 7 reviews)

• "Weekends off overtime availible great team work(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "You are basically selling credit cards to people (mostly immigrants who don't know the downside) so you are paid per application(in 6 reviews)

• "Misleading management training program where they make you go out and do sales with the "promise" of being promoted to managers by the end of the year(in 5 reviews)

"Best company to grow."

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Toronto, ON

I worked at LMG Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lmg global you have given me a lot. Best work place I have ever seen in my entire career. I have learned a lot from this Company. Everything is good about this Company including employees, atmosphere, growth, lots of bonus, fun, leadership seminars, no seniority and last but not the least john graham who is a manager of the company.

Cons

I wouldn't say there is any downside of this company because here dedication is the key to success.

Advice to Management

Please don't spend too much money on employees.

LMG Global2015-07-10
  2. "CT"

I worked at LMG Global full-time

Pros

-Fun environment, lively music to start the day -Nice working atmosphere -Social people, lots of events to get to know one another

Cons

-No upward mobility -Long hours -Basically approaching people to sell credit cards... Low commission as well

Advice to Management

-Be honest about what this role is about instead of making people find out last minute and leaving bad reviews or complaining about the position they got!

LMG Global2017-04-06
  3. "Pyramid scheme"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Toronto, ON

I worked at LMG Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are confident. Dont believe everything they say. Not a real company, they just look for people to walk the streets.

Cons

Not a real company. More like a cult and pyramid scheme. People need to wake up and leave this place. Companies like this dont deserve to live.

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of immigrants and desperate new grads.

LMG Global2017-03-02

"Was not a great working environment. Extremely toxic,uneducated, unprepared, "leaders""

Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at LMG Global for more than a year

Pros

Non to contribute, the only good part of the day was leaving that establishment at the end of my very very long shift. 6am-7,8 pm

Cons

The whole company, their values, morals, and set precedents.

Advice to Management

Oh God! don't even get me started.

LMG Global2016-05-31

"Good experience, no money"

Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at LMG Global

Pros

Make great friendships, Learn marketing strategies, Lots of team building, Build confidence

Cons

Long hours, Not enough pay, Old campaign

LMG Global2016-01-19

"sales"

I have been working at LMG Global

Pros

good company good people it is nice working there

Cons

nothing special maybe the working hour is too long

LMG Global2015-07-16

"I will truly miss my time at LMG Global"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer

I worked at LMG Global full-time

Pros

So I wrote this out beforehand so ignore the "Pros", "Cons" and "Advice to Management" subheadings... After 5 months of working at this establishment, I can honestly say that this was a positive experience and I will truly miss my time at LMG Global. At first glance, what really draws you in to the opportunity is the company culture. Although morning meeting begins early, everyone seems generally in good spirits.... How could this be? Because you’re surrounded by a group of young, positive and encouraging peers. Everyone seems to be having fun and that is one aspect that LMG Global fully embraces. From Thursday Challenge days to weekly “team nights”, this type of atmosphere gives you the chance to develop genuine relationships with your co-workers.

Cons

Now I will warn you, it’s not all fun and games. They tell you at the very beginning that it is a Management Training Program. They map out a timeline for which you could be owner of your own marketing firm. It may seem unrealistic, and maybe it is. The type of candidate they are looking for is someone who: (a) has a strong student mentality; (b) has a positive attitude; and (c) willing to put in 100%. This may seem... easy enough but to put it simply… it’s a lot of hard work. This is the type of program for those who want to challenge themselves and try things never imagined. For those who dream of running their own company and will do anything it takes. It takes a lot of time and dedication, but let’s be honest… you didn’t expect to own your own business without some hard work did you? If this is the type of career that you want, then you have to be prepared to live and breathe LMG Global.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately this wasn’t my dream. I never joined LMG Global with the vision of running my own company. However, my experience there wasn’t anything less than life-fulfilling. Entering this company without knowing what to expect, I am a completely different person coming out of it. I learned so much, and not only in terms of sales and marketing. You learn how to build relationships with people; you develop public... speaking skills (which I never thought I would be good at); you conduct interviews on behalf of the company; you get the opportunity for travel; and in the end… you become a LEADER. I’ll be honest, LMG Global isn’t for everyone. But for those of you who are willing to embrace the experience – who are willing to put in the time and effort – it is so worth it. I’m leaving this company with positive feelings. I’ve gained countless skills, ignited passions, lifelong friends and a renewed sense of self.

LMG Global2015-07-06

"Summer job, so far so good........"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at LMG Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Iv been here since the start of June and im enjoying it so far, i was looking for a job for the summer where i could make money, learn a bit and enjoy it, so far things are going good. I love the team nights and all the team activities we do here, im going on a business trip this week and im a lot more confident in public speaking than i was at the start. I would recommend it for anyone looking a summer job, im... making $500 plus per week which is a big bonus rather than minimum wage.

Cons

Im a student and not use to the early starts so that's a big negative for me though it is getting easier.

Advice to Management

Start a little later. Do the team activities more than once a month, their the best part.

LMG Global2015-07-07

"Make the Sales or Leave"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at LMG Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Lots of learning opportunities - Potential for fast career advancement if you're able to makes the sales - Inspirational management - Mostly friendly coworkers and willing to help each other out - Good office location in downtown Toronto

Cons

- Long working hours from 7.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. - Unprepared and inaccurate details for products - Compensation only (i.e. $7/sign up) and no benefits - Lengthy written tests during interviews that are irrelevant during on-the-job experience - Locations sent out with minimal notice (i.e. 5 minutes before you leave); some locations are very far - Secretive about working environment to new candidates; all... workers encouraged to be secretive during on-site interviews with potential candidates

Advice to Management

- Thoroughly prepare and update all staff with the same and accurate details for products - Compensate workers for lost working time due to unforeseen circumstances like technological issues - Increase transparency during the interview process so candidates will have a better idea of what they're getting into - Assign and inform locations sooner

LMG Global2015-07-06

"Not a fan of working for LMG"

I have been working at LMG Global

Pros

- office in good location - training program is alright - lots of employees willing to help you out

Cons

- long hours - bad pay - pyramid structure - sent to far locations - bad experience - hire anyone

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a base salary, not just commission.

LMG Global2015-06-25