LGM Financial Services Employee Reviews about "lgm"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 18 of over 65 reviews

4.3
LGM Financial Services President and CEO Drew Collier (no image)
Drew Collier
1 Rating
Pros
  • "LGM employees are always a top priority for the leadership team(in 15 reviews)

• "The company is committed to giving back to the community by encouraging employees to volunteer for 4 days of the week, paid(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM(in 7 reviews)

• "There is a fast-paced environment at LGM(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "lgm"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Probably the best company I've ever worked with!

Jan 21, 2021 - Team Lead Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is treated with care and respect - LGM employees are always a top priority for the leadership team - Awesome work/life balance - Incredible benefits and time-off - Strong focus on giving back to the community - Pushing the boundaries of the industry, innovating like no other - Talented people - Amazing culture - Ton's of learning (really, a TON of learning) - Open to innovation and change LGM is really an incredible company. The leadership team really cares about their employees, resulting in employees that care deeply about their customers. They often go the extra mile to support their customers even when they're not obliged to do so. During the most trying times of COVID-19 the leadership team and CEO slashed their own pay to make sure no one would be laid off. That's how much they care for everyone. They made sure everyone worked from home and followed every instruction from the health authorities and Canada government to protect their employees, customers and business partners - sometimes at their own expense. LGM will always be in my heart and I wish a bright future for the company!

Cons

- Sometimes take too long to fail, resulting in expensive projects that don't come to fruition. - Hiring process needs improvement: it's often lengthy but because it's mostly downtime.

President and CEO

Thank-you for such a positive review. I know it goes a long way with our team to hear their hard work building a great culture and employee experience is recognized and appreciated. I wish you all the best in your next career move and I hope we get the opportunity to work together again!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working for a company that cares during these challenging times

Jan 6, 2021 - Organizational Learning and Development Business Partner in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Values of giving back/taking care of each other - Drive of executive team to innovate - High frequency of CEO's video communication to employees during the pandemic - Numerous HR programs to support employees during the health crisis - Opportunities to work on many projects (based on position) - Generous company support of learning: courses/degrees - Importance of employee experience: many cultural initiatives launched to keep culture alive virtually: Wellness challenges/LGM Clubs /Peer Partnerships/New Hire buddy system/Morning talk show...

Cons

- Expectations of speed of delivery on projects/initiatives - This is a company that moves fast with lots on the go

President and CEO

Thank-you for the review. It was great to hear that you value the positive attributes that go into building our employee experience at LGM. Your recognition for the efforts our team makes on that front is most appreciated. I also acknowledge that pace and prioritization are things we are still working to get right. Some of our team members like a fast pace and lots of projects for the challenge and opportunities it affords. However, we know that is not always sustainable and are working to find the right balance. We hope to have a new workplace strategy in place soon to address working from home/office/road and clarify our flexible work practices. The current global pandemic will force many companies to rethink how their teams work in the future and those discussions are well underway at LGM. Once again we really appreciate you taking the time to provide a review and we will keep working to make LGM a great place to work and build a career.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The best work environment ever

Jul 23, 2020 - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can confidently say that LGM is by far the best company culture I have experienced in the last 10 years. A group of professional individuals who work hard to achieve excellency, and success.

Cons

The room for growth is limited

President and CEO

Wow! Thanks for the great review. I’m so proud of our LGM Team when I read comments like yours – thank-you! I also appreciate your comment around limited growth opportunities. Having worked in both large and smaller organizations I can say there are pros/cons to each. Hopefully as we grow LGM we can offer more growth potential while maintaining the positives of a smaller team and culture.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work at

Jun 25, 2020 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership was awesome and took care of its employees. The team was super inclusive and bright. Generally speaking the environment at LGM was awesome.

Cons

The insurance industry can only get so exciting.

President and CEO

Thanks for taking time to leave a review. Hearing your experience was “awesome” is very inspiring and rewarding for all of us at LGM – that is what we always strive for! I can certainly appreciate your comments about the insurance industry. My hope though is that we are on a path to changing that through our focus on technology, digital, consumer experience, and on our social purpose of “Accelerating Responsible Mobility for All”. We aspire to change our industry for the better….wish us luck!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to grow with a company that cares

Dec 2, 2019 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent employee benefits, great people, good compensation, flexible work hours, beautiful office. Amongst other things, LGM has played a huge role in the development of my knowledge and skill set. I'm constantly given opportunities to work on new and exciting projects, which gives me the motivation to come in and work hard every day.

Cons

None that I can really think of.

President and CEO

Thank-you for taking the time to submit a review. Career growth is an important focus for building a great employee experience at LGM. That is one of the reasons we encourage every employee to have a career path/plan and conversation with their manager. I am really pleased to see that you are getting opportunities to work on new exciting projects. We have a big appetite for innovation and taking on new things at LGM and one of the benefits of that extra work is the opportunity to learn and develop. I am glad to see that is working well for you. I agree exciting times ahead!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company culture I have experienced

Feb 21, 2019 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at LGM for over two years. I have witnessed that LGM truly cares about people and their career. The HR team has great programms and trainers that mentors all leaders and mangers to have the best tools and trainings to lead their teams In technology department, as a developer we are free to innovate, bring new ideas and innovate and work on new technologies!

Cons

Sometimes there are a lot of things to do that all are high priority, however I haven't seen this to disturb anyones work life balance.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm happy to hear you are having a great experience at LGM and that you feel well supported by our learning and development culture. I agree that there are lot of priorities at LGM (especially in technology!) and we are working hard as a broad-based team to select the right things to do at any given time. Our business needs to keep up with disruption from three converging industries - automotive, financial and insurance. It's an exciting time if you enjoy innovating and building new things which it sounds like you embrace. Wishing you much continued success and enjoyment at LGM!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Nice Company but not for software development

May 12, 2018 - Business Analyst in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

LGM is a nice company that treats their employee well. They have good benefits and give back to the community.

Cons

The software development department is lacking in direction. They were building a new in house system, but they kept the tech team isolated from the users of the system. It was unclear if what was being built would be useful and if it was going in the right direction. The pay was also much lower than I had experienced in other positions.

5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hello and thanks for your note on Glassdoor. Sounds like you are no longer with LGM and since I don't know how long it has been since you departed, it makes it a little more difficult to ascertain how recent these concerns are. About 18 months ago we launched the biggest technology endeavour in our history and it was a difficult process to get there. We definitely tried our best but we sure learned a lot of lessons too. If that was your era, I could definitely understand your perspective. Fast forwarding to today's team and vision for technology, I can say that I am VERY proud of the team we've created and I get to witness personally the fantastic features being added into our HUB system every quarter. It really is inspiring and one of LGM's crown jewels. If you were not around long enough to see the dramatic transformation and the engagement of our tech team of recent times then I feel that is unfortunate. Perhaps you would not have left if you could now see how LGM gets things done in technology. Wishing you great success in your own career and life. Sincerely, Adam. :-)

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I hope to be at LGM for a long time!

Aug 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

LGM is one of the best companies I've worked for. The culture is fun and informal with a professional business ethic. We work well together and support open communication. There are endless projects to get involved in. Your growth is largely up to you (depending on your area within the company). The management in my area is very involved, holding monthly and quarterly one-on-one meetings where we address issues as well as build the relationship between manager and employee. Expectations are high and we continuously meet or exceed them. It feels good to be a part of something that I'm proud of. We have several annual parties and team-building events, including giving back days, departmental breakfasts, costume days which makes me feel very bonded to my team. Our office space is beautiful with 2 patios and a large kitchen, which we're always using for social gatherings. I've found my work-life balance is encouraged by having a regular schedule with overtime only when necessary, the health and wellness allowance, and the encouragement to give back to the community via 4 Giving Back days per year.

Cons

One downside is out of LGM's control - the industry. LGM's goal is to change what has traditionally been the consumer experience around buying a vehicle or buying a warranty. I believe we are honest and provide benefit to those that purchase our products, but perceptions still have a curve to overcome in terms of reputation. Another downside is salary. There is a large disparity between departments and roles. Increases per year are modest at best. Lastly, the company growth is sometimes faster than we're able to keep up with. This is, of course, not necessarily a bad thing, however it can be frustrating to have priorities constantly up in the air.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Opportunity to grow

Jun 7, 2017 - Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

After spending 8 years working in a dealership I wanted a new challenge in life. I came across LGM and it offered me a new opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. The culture in LGM is team oriented and they're always looking to innovate in the automotive world. They recognize top performers and will help you achieve your goals. This is achieved through continuous education allowances, mentoring, and career path planning. If you're a driven individual looking to take the next step LGM can be the perfect fit. Joining LGM was the best career choice I've made. I would recommend anyone looking for a change in there career to apply and see if LGM is right for you.

Cons

Located in Coal Harbour , it can present challenges commuting into the city. They're close to the Sky Train, West Coast Express, and bus routes. LGM focuses on providing its employees options for a healthy work life balance. I look forward to seeing LGM continue to adapt to the needs of its employees.

CEO

Thank you for your inspiring post! I love to hear that employees feel like LGM is a great place to grow professionally and personally. Our employees are at the centre of our success and by understanding their needs, and building a win-win solution with them, we tend to yield industry-leading results. Please remember that I always welcome employee feedback on what is working great and how we can develop for the future. Adam.

10. 4.0

Great place to work at

Jun 19, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

LGM truly cares about it's employee. It shows every day. Great environment to work at. work place are well laid, ergonomics are there. people are helpful and friendly. You feel right at home when coming to work. The company stands behind it's values and is a very responsible corporate citizen. To good to be true? Joint the team you will see :)

Cons

Nothing comes to mind really.

CEO

Thank you for your review! It's great to see employees using Glass Door to share their experience at LGM. I'm also pleased to hear you are enjoying the work environment. Do remember that I welcome any feedback you may have from time to time as to how we can continue building the employee experience and engagement. We want to continue to be the best in our industry! Best, Adam.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews