LGM Financial Services Employee Reviews about "giving back"

Updated Jun 12, 2019

4.4
LGM Financial Services Executive Chairman Adam Hill
Adam Hill
Pros
  • "I can confidently say that LGM is by far the best company culture I have experienced in the last 10 years(in 13 reviews)

• "The great company culture and authentic passion for giving back among the Senior Leadership Team and employees is what initially drew me to apply(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM(in 7 reviews)

• "There is a fast-paced environment at LGM(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "giving back"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced, lots of opportunity to take on new projects if you take the initiative. It's an exciting industry with lots of innovation, meaning evolving priorities and projects. The great company culture and authentic passion for giving back among the Senior Leadership Team and employees is what initially drew me to apply. CEO is very ambitious with very exciting long term goals for the company. Great benefits with flexible hours and working remotely opportunities. Beautiful, award-winning office space.

Cons

No cons to share!

April 23, 2018CEO

Thank you for this glowing review! Our team is really inspiring and I agree we are working on some very innovative and disruptive projects that will help keep LGM front and centre with our industry and consumer adaptations. Never a dull moment! Let's keep it going strong!

2. "Great company culture"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a company that really does value its employees. Not just with software development training, but communication skills training, emotional intelligence training and more. The company is committed to giving back to the community by encouraging employees to volunteer for 4 days of the week, paid! Everyone on the senior leadership team is approachable and willing to listen.

Cons

The direction of the business is changing rapidly and the company needs to change with it. This requires a lot of complex changes being made quickly, which means being pulled in multiple directions constantly if you're working in the Technology dept.

October 4, 2019President and CEO

Thanks for your insightful review. We really do value our team members at LGM, and we try to find ways to demonstrate that. You are also correct that there are a lot of changes in our industry, and our business and people need to respond accordingly. We believe the changes are for the better and will create opportunities to improve our industry and LGM, but it does take a lot of work to get there. I'm proud of our team at LGM for taking on that challenge!

"Nice Company but not for software development"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

LGM is a nice company that treats their employee well. They have good benefits and give back to the community.

Cons

The software development department is lacking in direction. They were building a new in house system, but they kept the tech team isolated from the users of the system. It was unclear if what was being built would be useful and if it was going in the right direction. The pay was also much lower than I had experienced in other positions.

May 15, 2018CEO

Hello and thanks for your note on Glassdoor. Sounds like you are no longer with LGM and since I don't know how long it has been since you departed, it makes it a little more difficult to ascertain how recent these concerns are. About 18 months ago we launched the biggest technology endeavour in our history and it was a difficult process to get there. We definitely tried our best but we sure learned a lot of lessons too. If that was your era, I could definitely understand your perspective. Fast forwarding to today's team and vision for technology, I can say that I am VERY proud of the team we've created and I get to witness personally the fantastic features being added into our HUB system every quarter. It really is inspiring and one of LGM's crown jewels. If you were not around long enough to see the dramatic transformation and the engagement of our tech team of recent times then I feel that is unfortunate. Perhaps you would not have left if you could now see how LGM gets things done in technology. Wishing you great success in your own career and life. Sincerely, Adam. :-)

4. "LGM is a great place to work."

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many Pros: the people are wonderful, the office is gorgeous, and the work is rewarding. The perks and benefits are fantastic and the CEO practices what he preaches and truly believes in the core values of Respect, Integrity, Giving Back, Service Excellence and Continuous Learning.

Cons

Stressful at times with long hours. A sense of urgency is always expected though not always possible.

September 1, 2017CEO

Thank you for your review on glassdoor. I love hearing that you believe the work is rewarding. That's important given how much of our time each day, week, month, years is devoted to our careers. We will continue as an employer to make our work rewarding and challenging. I know sometimes the work we do brings urgency and long hours. Sometimes we get challenged to deliver products/services simultaneously and while we do our best to manage our launch pipeline, it is sometimes out of our own control. What I love though is that our team does step up and rings the bell every time our partners ask the exceptional from us. We have a great team that I am really proud to work with.

"I hope to be at LGM for a long time!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LGM is one of the best companies I've worked for. The culture is fun and informal with a professional business ethic. We work well together and support open communication. There are endless projects to get involved in. Your growth is largely up to you (depending on your area within the company). The management in my area is very involved, holding monthly and quarterly one-on-one meetings where we address issues as well as build the relationship between manager and employee. Expectations are high and we continuously meet or exceed them. It feels good to be a part of something that I'm proud of. We have several annual parties and team-building events, including giving back days, departmental breakfasts, costume days which makes me feel very bonded to my team. Our office space is beautiful with 2 patios and a large kitchen, which we're always using for social gatherings. I've found my work-life balance is encouraged by having a regular schedule with overtime only when necessary, the health and wellness allowance, and the encouragement to give back to the community via 4 Giving Back days per year.

Cons

One downside is out of LGM's control - the industry. LGM's goal is to change what has traditionally been the consumer experience around buying a vehicle or buying a warranty. I believe we are honest and provide benefit to those that purchase our products, but perceptions still have a curve to overcome in terms of reputation. Another downside is salary. There is a large disparity between departments and roles. Increases per year are modest at best. Lastly, the company growth is sometimes faster than we're able to keep up with. This is, of course, not necessarily a bad thing, however it can be frustrating to have priorities constantly up in the air.

"Great place to work"

Technology in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

There seems to be a mixed bag of reviews on this site as to how LGM Financial Services treats its employees, and what the overall work culture is like. Having been at LGM for over a year, I feel like I have a good sense as to the inner workings of the business and the environment. I can say, without a doubt, that the leaders within the company truly care about the employees. They do their best to ensure that the core values are upheld at every level (Integrity, Respect, Continuous Learning, Service Excellence, Giving Back), and most importantly, that each person feels valued. In short, this is one of the most authentic, supportive, fun, and rewarding places that I have had the privilege to work.

Cons

Like most entrepreneurial companies, people are often stretched and pushed beyond their abilities. However, with support, this helps the those that are willing to accept the challenge to gain experience in areas that they may not have in other work places.

January 18, 2016CEO

Thank you for the kind review. You are right to say that LGM management does care about its employees. We are committed to improving our employee experience and in fact we prioritize this in our strategic plans and also manage a working group of cross-functional employees who help us keep this important focus. I firmly believe that happy employees and a great working culture breeds the best business outcomes. Plus it makes being at work much more fun. :-) I also agree that our employees are stretched from time to time to go beyond their own personal boundaries of prior achievement. We seek out people that are willing to do so and embrace the challenge. We won't set you up to fail, but we do want our team to take calculated risks and to learn from these experiences. If we don't try then we wont't know what's possible. We truly have a fantastic team at LGM. I am proud of you all!

"You want to work here."

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

This is a fast growing company with lots of room yet to grow. They support education and actively encourage career-pathing with employees. LGM has a large focus on work-life balance, flexibility, and their core values of: integrity, respect, continuous learning, giving back, and service excellence. While many companies profess to have similar values, this company puts a lot of effort into actually realizing them at both the management level as well as the individual employee level. Not to say that everything is perfect at LGM, but the management team not only encourages candid feedback but also usually acts on it. There are also great benefits and perks at this company and a great workplace that has been designed to be comfortable, healthy, and effective.

Cons

There is a fast-paced environment at LGM. This might be challenging for people who like a more static work environment or who are not as comfortable with change. There are also very high standards and expectations at LGM. That being said, in my experience there has also always been significant support to help you to meet those standards.

December 10, 2015CEO

Wow, I am always thrilled when I get to read comments like this. This is what gets me excited to lead the charge at LGM. We really are a great place to work and that's because of the people we've assembled. Everyone at LGM is truly giving their best to elevate our corporate success but to also develop our own selves. I am impressed with the personal development of many tenured employees at LGM as it demonstrates that our core values are alive and well. I can promise you that we will always listen to our employees and respond to the feedback we receive. It makes all the sense in the world to learn from our own team. We are not perfect, but we really do desire to get better each day.

"Great growth opportunity"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast growth company undergoing significant changes. A great place if you are looking for opportunities to grow, develop, and learn new skills. The organization is also very values based which recognizes Integrity, Continuous Learning, Respect, Giving Back, Service Excellence, and seems to be modeled by many of the staff here. Its nice to see that overall, many of the staff walk the talk with the values. What I notice is that LGM is a lot like a young adult personified. Not quite yet an adult, but realizes everything that it needs to improve in. Its addressing each opportunity and making a commitment to its partners and employees. The entrepreneurial spirit and innovation is apparent in the organization where it is willing to take risks to support its stakeholders and can be quite exciting to be in.

Cons

Of course there are downsides to every opportunity. No company is perfect. I've noticed that for people who are looking for status quo, regularity in their jobs, and consistency, this might not be the perfect place. Its exciting and demanding, but very rewarding for those who love learning, a challenge, a desire to win, and love working with others in a collaborative manner.

December 10, 2015CEO

Thanks for your comments. So great to hear that employees love being at LGM. I found your analogy of the "young adult" to be relevant to LGM's journey. We've certainly grown up from our early days and yet we do have a pretty good idea of who we want to be "when we grow up". Growing like we have over the past 17 years has brought all kinds of challenges and rewards and yet I believe we have averted many miscues by being very vigilant in our hiring practices. We seek out people (employees, vendors, and customers) that get excited about our vision, are incredibly capable and are prepared to join us on the adventure of a lifetime. It is exciting and demanding as you say, but also very rewarding.

9. "Motivating, supportive company"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

Great culture, huge emphasis on values and giving back. A unique organization in the auto industry - I've never worked anywhere that is comparable (in a good way!). Motivating in that strong employee ideas are always considered in terms of how we do things.

Cons

It's very fast-paced. In order to be successful here, you have to be flexible enough to shift directions as the business evolves. It's very entrepreneurial and goal-oriented, so you need to be sharp!

December 10, 2015CEO

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad that you are enjoying the LGM culture. It is unique and it is important to us all that we keep it healthy and evolving with the times. I also agree that we are a fast-paced business. In some ways we have to be to stay competitive, and in other ways we "choose" to be as that is more fun and rewarding than being part of a single digit growth company. When you dream big, some of the consequences is that there is more to do. We have a great team that really works hard to make our dreams come true.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Core values of Integrity, Respect, and Giving back are taken seriously. Company treats its staff well, and the perks are great!

Cons

There are not enough hours in the day to get all of your work done.

January 18, 2016CEO

Thanks for your comments. I am currently working on a software program to build extra hours in the day for all of us. :-) On a serious note, LGM has been fortunate to have grown at a fast pace for many years now and it does bring times where the volume of work on our team is high. If you ever feel it is overwhelming please make sure you bring this forward to your leader. We know it is not easy at times and we'll do our best to help you manage the peak periods. Let's keep rocking!

Found 11 reviews