LGM Financial Services Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated May 14, 2020

4.4
LGM Financial Services Executive Chairman Adam Hill
Adam Hill
Pros
  • "I can confidently say that LGM is by far the best company culture I have experienced in the last 10 years(in 13 reviews)

• "The great company culture and authentic passion for giving back among the Senior Leadership Team and employees is what initially drew me to apply(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM(in 7 reviews)

• "There is a fast-paced environment at LGM(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fantastic Employer that cares to be responsible to its employees, customers, business partners and industry"

Former Employee - EVP, Finance in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The organization lives by its core values with the primary focus on what is the right thing to do and not the net income generation.

Cons

Although I enjoyed my 13 years with the organization, it is a fast paced environment with audacious goals and objectives that may be too much for some to handle

May 15, 2020President and CEO

Thanks for your thoughtful review and more importantly your 13 years of service to our LGM family! I completely agree with your assessment in terms of living our values, doing the right things, as well as having a BIG appetite for challenging goals. We will do our best to ensure your legacy lives on! All the best in your next endeavors!

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced, lots of opportunity to take on new projects if you take the initiative. It's an exciting industry with lots of innovation, meaning evolving priorities and projects. The great company culture and authentic passion for giving back among the Senior Leadership Team and employees is what initially drew me to apply. CEO is very ambitious with very exciting long term goals for the company. Great benefits with flexible hours and working remotely opportunities. Beautiful, award-winning office space.

Cons

No cons to share!

April 23, 2018CEO

Thank you for this glowing review! Our team is really inspiring and I agree we are working on some very innovative and disruptive projects that will help keep LGM front and centre with our industry and consumer adaptations. Never a dull moment! Let's keep it going strong!

3. "Report Developer"

Report Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services

Pros

It is a great company to work with, as leadership cares about the employee and the community. It is open, fair, challenging, and also very rewarding environment. It is fast paced and agile in moving forward new initiatives. Leadership encourages the innovation so that resources can become more creative. The working environment is very nice (ergonomic). You can find very few local companies that can matche LGM.

Cons

As LGM is very fast paced and agile in IT and business, it might require more diligent on documenting the processes, changes and future initiatives. Without existing knowledge documented, it might requires more time and cost to reinvent the wheel, which is not efficient.

December 28, 2016CEO

Thank you for your post! I appreciate the time you have taken to recommend LGM. I love it when employees feel connected to what we are doing. Your advice around technology documentation processes is well heard. We are working diligently to improve the business requirements scoping for upcoming project builds and I think you will find we are going to be more prepared than ever. Hope to see you around the BBQ sometime!

4. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The most collaborative organization I have encountered in 25 years of my career. People genuinely wanting to help and find solutions. Continuous improvement environment, significant learning opportunities - both formal and informal, transparent decision making and good communication. Very serious about core values.

Cons

This is fast paced environment and ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity is a must.

June 11, 2016CEO

Thanks for your great comments! I'm glad you've found that LGM has exceeded your prior work experiences. That's what we strive for. You are right that our fast pace does breed some uncertainty and moving targets. Sometimes that's our own doing but often it is external influences that force us to move in an alternate direction. Being flexible and creative in mindset helps to manage the winds of change. There's always a solution to the challenges we face as long as we do have a collaborative team environment.

"You want to work here."

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

This is a fast growing company with lots of room yet to grow. They support education and actively encourage career-pathing with employees. LGM has a large focus on work-life balance, flexibility, and their core values of: integrity, respect, continuous learning, giving back, and service excellence. While many companies profess to have similar values, this company puts a lot of effort into actually realizing them at both the management level as well as the individual employee level. Not to say that everything is perfect at LGM, but the management team not only encourages candid feedback but also usually acts on it. There are also great benefits and perks at this company and a great workplace that has been designed to be comfortable, healthy, and effective.

Cons

There is a fast-paced environment at LGM. This might be challenging for people who like a more static work environment or who are not as comfortable with change. There are also very high standards and expectations at LGM. That being said, in my experience there has also always been significant support to help you to meet those standards.

December 10, 2015CEO

Wow, I am always thrilled when I get to read comments like this. This is what gets me excited to lead the charge at LGM. We really are a great place to work and that's because of the people we've assembled. Everyone at LGM is truly giving their best to elevate our corporate success but to also develop our own selves. I am impressed with the personal development of many tenured employees at LGM as it demonstrates that our core values are alive and well. I can promise you that we will always listen to our employees and respond to the feedback we receive. It makes all the sense in the world to learn from our own team. We are not perfect, but we really do desire to get better each day.

6. "Motivating, supportive company"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

Great culture, huge emphasis on values and giving back. A unique organization in the auto industry - I've never worked anywhere that is comparable (in a good way!). Motivating in that strong employee ideas are always considered in terms of how we do things.

Cons

It's very fast-paced. In order to be successful here, you have to be flexible enough to shift directions as the business evolves. It's very entrepreneurial and goal-oriented, so you need to be sharp!

December 10, 2015CEO

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad that you are enjoying the LGM culture. It is unique and it is important to us all that we keep it healthy and evolving with the times. I also agree that we are a fast-paced business. In some ways we have to be to stay competitive, and in other ways we "choose" to be as that is more fun and rewarding than being part of a single digit growth company. When you dream big, some of the consequences is that there is more to do. We have a great team that really works hard to make our dreams come true.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews