LGM Financial Services Reviews

Updated Jan 21, 2021

4.3
LGM Financial Services Executive Chairman Adam Hill
Adam Hill
Pros
  • "LGM employees are always a top priority for the leadership team(in 15 reviews)

• "The company is committed to giving back to the community by encouraging employees to volunteer for 4 days of the week, paid(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM(in 7 reviews)

• "There is a fast-paced environment at LGM(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Probably the best company I've ever worked with!

Jan 21, 2021 - Team Lead Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is treated with care and respect - LGM employees are always a top priority for the leadership team - Awesome work/life balance - Incredible benefits and time-off - Strong focus on giving back to the community - Pushing the boundaries of the industry, innovating like no other - Talented people - Amazing culture - Ton's of learning (really, a TON of learning) - Open to innovation and change LGM is really an incredible company. The leadership team really cares about their employees, resulting in employees that care deeply about their customers. They often go the extra mile to support their customers even when they're not obliged to do so. During the most trying times of COVID-19 the leadership team and CEO slashed their own pay to make sure no one would be laid off. That's how much they care for everyone. They made sure everyone worked from home and followed every instruction from the health authorities and Canada government to protect their employees, customers and business partners - sometimes at their own expense. LGM will always be in my heart and I wish a bright future for the company!

Cons

- Sometimes take too long to fail, resulting in expensive projects that don't come to fruition. - Hiring process needs improvement: it's often lengthy but because it's mostly downtime.

President and CEO

Thank-you for such a positive review. I know it goes a long way with our team to hear their hard work building a great culture and employee experience is recognized and appreciated. I wish you all the best in your next career move and I hope we get the opportunity to work together again!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working for a company that cares during these challenging times

Jan 6, 2021 - Organizational Learning and Development Business Partner in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Values of giving back/taking care of each other - Drive of executive team to innovate - High frequency of CEO's video communication to employees during the pandemic - Numerous HR programs to support employees during the health crisis - Opportunities to work on many projects (based on position) - Generous company support of learning: courses/degrees - Importance of employee experience: many cultural initiatives launched to keep culture alive virtually: Wellness challenges/LGM Clubs /Peer Partnerships/New Hire buddy system/Morning talk show...

Cons

- Expectations of speed of delivery on projects/initiatives - This is a company that moves fast with lots on the go

President and CEO

Thank-you for the review. It was great to hear that you value the positive attributes that go into building our employee experience at LGM. Your recognition for the efforts our team makes on that front is most appreciated. I also acknowledge that pace and prioritization are things we are still working to get right. Some of our team members like a fast pace and lots of projects for the challenge and opportunities it affords. However, we know that is not always sustainable and are working to find the right balance. We hope to have a new workplace strategy in place soon to address working from home/office/road and clarify our flexible work practices. The current global pandemic will force many companies to rethink how their teams work in the future and those discussions are well underway at LGM. Once again we really appreciate you taking the time to provide a review and we will keep working to make LGM a great place to work and build a career.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Needs improvement

Dec 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a lot of integrity and good company culture. All great people.

Cons

Mostly smart and talented people. Frustrated by those who are not and coast on team. By not fulfilling primary parts of their roles or demands of our team function, it causes a lot of overwork by others. Titles and salary are not great or unfair for the work that is being done. Do not match the expectations of the work and of each other. Good intentions and in the right direction - too many priorities for a company of our size.

3 people found this review helpful

President and CEO

Thank you for sharing your comments as it is through dialogue that we learn what we can do to improve. 2020 was a challenging year amidst a pandemic and our incredible team has been working very hard. Thank you for your efforts. Like other fast-paced, successful businesses, we are aggressively trying to shift and do many things at once during these challenging times. We do realize that this is not sustainable for our team and as we head into 2021, our Senior Leadership is committed to improving our priority-setting and pace of work. LGM will always be a fast-paced environment and that pace may not be right for everyone, but we hear you and are working on it. From a compensation perspective we target to be well above the average, but not the highest, for similar roles in the industry. We also invest considerably in our employee experience and employee development to build careers. As you mentioned, we do have a great culture with great people, high integrity and commitment to our core values – that is something we take great pride in at LGM. I appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback and assure you that we are more committed than ever to building an even better employee experience and a high performing team at LGM.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Not bad not Great

Dec 3, 2020 - Dealer Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good co-workers, nice office

Cons

Salary, work balance, call flow

2 people found this review helpful

President and CEO

Thank you for your feedback and while I’m sorry you have left LGM I wish you all the best in your next role. We do review and adjust salaries on an annual basis, including conducting market comparisons from time to time to ensure competitiveness. We also put equal emphasis on other aspects of the employee experience such as employee benefits, personal/mental health and career growth, some of which you acknowledged in your feedback. LGM has always been a fast-paced environment and that pace may not be right for everyone, but we hear you and are working on it. Our pace of work has certainly been higher lately, especially over this past year as we have worked to reposition and adapt to the challenging times so many businesses are facing. Once again, thank-you for your comments and all the best!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The best work environment ever

Jul 23, 2020 - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can confidently say that LGM is by far the best company culture I have experienced in the last 10 years. A group of professional individuals who work hard to achieve excellency, and success.

Cons

The room for growth is limited

President and CEO

Wow! Thanks for the great review. I’m so proud of our LGM Team when I read comments like yours – thank-you! I also appreciate your comment around limited growth opportunities. Having worked in both large and smaller organizations I can say there are pros/cons to each. Hopefully as we grow LGM we can offer more growth potential while maintaining the positives of a smaller team and culture.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Fantastic Employer that cares to be responsible to its employees, customers, business partners and industry

May 14, 2020 - EVP, Finance in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The organization lives by its core values with the primary focus on what is the right thing to do and not the net income generation.

Cons

Although I enjoyed my 13 years with the organization, it is a fast paced environment with audacious goals and objectives that may be too much for some to handle

President and CEO

Thanks for your thoughtful review and more importantly your 13 years of service to our LGM family! I completely agree with your assessment in terms of living our values, doing the right things, as well as having a BIG appetite for challenging goals. We will do our best to ensure your legacy lives on! All the best in your next endeavors!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work at

Jun 25, 2020 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership was awesome and took care of its employees. The team was super inclusive and bright. Generally speaking the environment at LGM was awesome.

Cons

The insurance industry can only get so exciting.

President and CEO

Thanks for taking time to leave a review. Hearing your experience was “awesome” is very inspiring and rewarding for all of us at LGM – that is what we always strive for! I can certainly appreciate your comments about the insurance industry. My hope though is that we are on a path to changing that through our focus on technology, digital, consumer experience, and on our social purpose of “Accelerating Responsible Mobility for All”. We aspire to change our industry for the better….wish us luck!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to grow with a company that cares

Dec 2, 2019 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent employee benefits, great people, good compensation, flexible work hours, beautiful office. Amongst other things, LGM has played a huge role in the development of my knowledge and skill set. I'm constantly given opportunities to work on new and exciting projects, which gives me the motivation to come in and work hard every day.

Cons

None that I can really think of.

President and CEO

Thank-you for taking the time to submit a review. Career growth is an important focus for building a great employee experience at LGM. That is one of the reasons we encourage every employee to have a career path/plan and conversation with their manager. I am really pleased to see that you are getting opportunities to work on new exciting projects. We have a big appetite for innovation and taking on new things at LGM and one of the benefits of that extra work is the opportunity to learn and develop. I am glad to see that is working well for you. I agree exciting times ahead!

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Job, Poor Management Choice

Oct 21, 2019 - Finance
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, beautiful office space, amazing volunteer opportunities

Cons

Experienced bullying from manager and sexist and hurtful remarks from colleague that were dismissed by manager. Management was unable to effectively inspire and handle the diverse personalities of the team. Lots of learning went amiss.

5 people found this review helpful

President and CEO

Thank-you for your balanced review and fair advice. I know this past year has been particularly challenging on our leaders at LGM as we have had to push all of our team members harder than ever to do more with less resources. While I know our team is all well intended, even the best of us don’t always come across as positive and enthusiastic when we are under a lot of stress and pressure. This is something we are working on in the coming year, along with having many of our newer leaders attend our emerging leader development program. We are committed to employee engagement and a creating a great employee experience at LGM and we know that starts with great leadership. Thank-you again for your sound suggestions and for being part of our LGM journey!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A positive and healthy environment!

Jan 7, 2020 - Settlement in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- everyone is inclusive, kind, and considerate - professional and respectful w/ regards to feedback and collaboration - benefits start on first day of hire date - lots of training opportunities - full kitchen and coffee/tea bar for coffee/tea lovers - ability to work from home (sometimes) if approved - expectations are clear to follow and people embrace work culture

Cons

- can be routine work - lots of business rules to keep in mind but not overwhelming - new hires training at a fast-rate, some learning curves - expect technical glitches in system to occur that may affect work performance - lots of variables can affect department goals which in turn affect individual goals or performance - long hours of screen time

President and CEO

Thanks for your thoughtful review. I really appreciated hearing your feedback on how people here are inclusive, kind, considerate, professional and respectful – that speaks to our culture and sense of community at LGM. I can see how some of the challenges you note are in part tied to your role in settlement – screen time, routine work and adherence to business rules are so important to your role. I would encourage you to share your concerns with your manager and perhaps work together on career pathing. LGM has many different roles and initiatives for people to be involved in. I’m sure we can find something to break up your routine and allow you to gain experience in other areas. Thx!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews