Cover image for LGM Financial Services

89% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 66 of over 71 reviews

4.2
LGM Financial Services President and CEO Drew Collier (no image)
Drew Collier
Pros
  • "Strong focus on giving back to the community(in 12 reviews)

• "Leadership is down to earth and model company core values(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is a fast-paced environment at LGM(in 5 reviews)

• "small organization so some of the corresponding growing pains(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company with strong values and leadership

Nov. 12, 2021 - Dealer Development Manager in West Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong core values that are lived by daily

Cons

None that are of any fault

President and CEO

Thank-you for the great rating! It is most appreciated that you would take the time to recognize LGM even after moving on to new opportunities. We do indeed strive to live our core values everyday at LGM...they are a key driver of our culture and how we work together as one team. Recent months have put that to the test, and we know we have some work to do in places, but I have total confidence on our amazing leadership team to get us there. Hope to see you back at LGM one day!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good culture

May 5, 2022 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has good work culture

Cons

Salary is not very competitive

President and CEO

Thanks for sharing your experience at LGM. While we strive to remain competitive that can be difficult in some markets. We also put a lot of effort into other aspects of working at LGM that many view equally important to financial compensation. We wish you well in your next role and hope we might see you back some day.

3. Join the LGM Financial Services team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do extensive research before applying

Apr. 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good starting salary, great health benefit, great PC/laptop infrastructure. Great location in downtown Vancouver

Cons

Culture depends on the Manager

President and CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide a balanced review and feedback. I agree our people managers are so important in setting the tone for their team . We hope to see you back at LGM some day.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company, but the service department needs a review

Jan. 25, 2022 - Claims Adjuster in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, career opportunities, giving back, learning.

Cons

Service team is worked so hard with minimal, silly recognition, then thrown back into a grinder. The service department used to not meet their goals, but were happy, had fun and did their jobs. Now, they STILL do not meet the goals, are unhappy and have had unprecedented turnover.

1 person found this review helpful

President and CEO

Thanks for your review. I always appreciate hearing from LGMers that acknowledge both positives and opportunities to improve. I am very aware of some of the challenges in our Service Team and our Service Team leaders have presented their plans for addressing the challenges several times to our Senior Leadership Team. We live in very challenging times, being from Montreal you know this first hand – curfews and work from home are not easy environments to work in and people leaders are facing unique challenges as well. Turnover is at an all-time high for many organizations, particularly for front line positions. Despite some great people practices at LGM we are not immune to the challenges and added pressures on our Team members. We see similar challenges in other parts of our business as well. Nevertheless, I am confident in our leadership team, their determination to serve our LGM team members, and do their absolute best to tackle these challenges head on. At LGM we are committed to an exceptional employee experience and service excellence for our internal and external customers. We are not there yet, but working diligently on it. I wish you all the best in your next role and hope we get a chance to work together again someday.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great people to work with

Dec. 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always learning more to do better for their customers and employees through data

Cons

A fair amount of changes causing some uncertainties, but they are trying their best to be in the forefront of the situation

President and CEO

Thank-you for your review! I agree we are always striving to do better for our employees and customers, because their are critical strategic priorities for our success. ProD and Social opportunities have been quite limited in recent years and we are working to change that. I'll be seeing our Oakville and Montreal teams this week, and the Vancouver Team next week at some social events we have planned....hope to see you there!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work !

Jun. 30, 2021 - DDM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great values and fun place to work. Great place to grow.

Cons

Perfect size for creative and efficient people. No cons I ca think of.

President and CEO

Thanks for the great review!! I know the last few years have been tough for our DDM sales team and I thank-you for keeping a positive outlook! As we move to a hybrid/flex work model and invite some of our team back to the office, some of the time, we will be putting a lot of focus on ensuring we can maintain that fun place to work and opportunities to grow for all our team members. We expect there will be some challenges but we are committed to ensuring we continue to create a great employee and customer experience!

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good people, open to process changes but frustrating career stagnation

Jul. 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I consider myself lucky to have worked there as my first job as I met some of the best people in here. As hectic as it gets, the fun workplace made life easier. The place boost my confidence and you get a lot of freedom to work your own ways, implement your own ideas. Nothing is set there in the department I worked.

Cons

Do not expect to have any life balance, weekends, evenings or stress free vacation if you get into finance department in entry level position. You are expected to work round the clock. They will pack higher level positions and be indifferent to struggles in day-to-day tasks. Even when they hear you, they are not listening. The pro in this con is it makes you resilient as a person however it is not sustainable and not fair treatment. Performance does not give you better career or promotion. Each time being turned down as not qualified enough yet you will have no time to invest in studies.

1 person found this review helpful

President and CEO

Thank-you for your candid feedback and most importantly your 3-4 years of service to LGM. I agree our employee experience in our Finance Team has had some challenges in recent years. We are taking steps to address this with new leadership, improved processes/technology and more attention to our staffing levels. This plan also contemplates a shift from transactional work to more value-added financial analysis support for the business – something that will create more career growth for our Finance Team members. We have considerable work to do, but I am confident we have the right team and are well on our way.

9. 4.0

Awesome

May 18, 2021 - DDM in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good product, good people in field

Cons

To reliant on commissions annually

President and CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. Our team puts a lot of focus on having great products for our customers, and I would agree we have an amazing team in the field. The annual commissions model that we have for our in field sales team is designed to reward results. Obviously that model has been challenged the last few years given the environment we have been in. We are constantly reviewing this model though and responding as quickly as we can to market changes to ensure we are rewarding our amazing field staff in ways that keep them engaged and focused on the right results. Once again thanks for the positive review and I hope to see you back at LGM one day!

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Probably the best company I've ever worked with!

Jan. 21, 2021 - Team Lead Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is treated with care and respect - LGM employees are always a top priority for the leadership team - Awesome work/life balance - Incredible benefits and time-off - Strong focus on giving back to the community - Pushing the boundaries of the industry, innovating like no other - Talented people - Amazing culture - Ton's of learning (really, a TON of learning) - Open to innovation and change LGM is really an incredible company. The leadership team really cares about their employees, resulting in employees that care deeply about their customers. They often go the extra mile to support their customers even when they're not obliged to do so. During the most trying times of COVID-19 the leadership team and CEO slashed their own pay to make sure no one would be laid off. That's how much they care for everyone. They made sure everyone worked from home and followed every instruction from the health authorities and Canada government to protect their employees, customers and business partners - sometimes at their own expense. LGM will always be in my heart and I wish a bright future for the company!

Cons

- Sometimes take too long to fail, resulting in expensive projects that don't come to fruition. - Hiring process needs improvement: it's often lengthy but because it's mostly downtime.

President and CEO

Thank-you for such a positive review. I know it goes a long way with our team to hear their hard work building a great culture and employee experience is recognized and appreciated. I wish you all the best in your next career move and I hope we get the opportunity to work together again!

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working for a company that cares during these challenging times

Jan. 6, 2021 - Organizational Learning and Development Business Partner in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Values of giving back/taking care of each other - Drive of executive team to innovate - High frequency of CEO's video communication to employees during the pandemic - Numerous HR programs to support employees during the health crisis - Opportunities to work on many projects (based on position) - Generous company support of learning: courses/degrees - Importance of employee experience: many cultural initiatives launched to keep culture alive virtually: Wellness challenges/LGM Clubs /Peer Partnerships/New Hire buddy system/Morning talk show...

Cons

- Expectations of speed of delivery on projects/initiatives - This is a company that moves fast with lots on the go

President and CEO

Thank-you for the review. It was great to hear that you value the positive attributes that go into building our employee experience at LGM. Your recognition for the efforts our team makes on that front is most appreciated. I also acknowledge that pace and prioritization are things we are still working to get right. Some of our team members like a fast pace and lots of projects for the challenge and opportunities it affords. However, we know that is not always sustainable and are working to find the right balance. We hope to have a new workplace strategy in place soon to address working from home/office/road and clarify our flexible work practices. The current global pandemic will force many companies to rethink how their teams work in the future and those discussions are well underway at LGM. Once again we really appreciate you taking the time to provide a review and we will keep working to make LGM a great place to work and build a career.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews
    </>Embed

LGM Financial Services Reviews FAQs

LGM Financial Services has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 71 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at LGM Financial Services to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, LGM Financial Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at LGM Financial Services. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

89% of LGM Financial Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LGM Financial Services 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with LGM Financial Services Job Seekers