LGM Financial Services Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2021

Found 61 of over 65 reviews

4.2
LGM Financial Services President and CEO Drew Collier (no image)
Drew Collier
1 Rating
Pros
  • "LGM employees are always a top priority for the leadership team(in 15 reviews)

• "The company is committed to giving back to the community by encouraging employees to volunteer for 4 days of the week, paid(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM(in 7 reviews)

• "There is a fast-paced environment at LGM(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work !

Jun 30, 2021 - DDM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great values and fun place to work. Great place to grow.

Cons

Perfect size for creative and efficient people. No cons I ca think of.

President and CEO

Thanks for the great review!! I know the last few years have been tough for our DDM sales team and I thank-you for keeping a positive outlook! As we move to a hybrid/flex work model and invite some of our team back to the office, some of the time, we will be putting a lot of focus on ensuring we can maintain that fun place to work and opportunities to grow for all our team members. We expect there will be some challenges but we are committed to ensuring we continue to create a great employee and customer experience!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good people, open to process changes but frustrating career stagnation

Jul 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I consider myself lucky to have worked there as my first job as I met some of the best people in here. As hectic as it gets, the fun workplace made life easier. The place boost my confidence and you get a lot of freedom to work your own ways, implement your own ideas. Nothing is set there in the department I worked.

Cons

Do not expect to have any life balance, weekends, evenings or stress free vacation if you get into finance department in entry level position. You are expected to work round the clock. They will pack higher level positions and be indifferent to struggles in day-to-day tasks. Even when they hear you, they are not listening. The pro in this con is it makes you resilient as a person however it is not sustainable and not fair treatment. Performance does not give you better career or promotion. Each time being turned down as not qualified enough yet you will have no time to invest in studies.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Probably the best company I've ever worked with!

Jan 21, 2021 - Team Lead Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is treated with care and respect - LGM employees are always a top priority for the leadership team - Awesome work/life balance - Incredible benefits and time-off - Strong focus on giving back to the community - Pushing the boundaries of the industry, innovating like no other - Talented people - Amazing culture - Ton's of learning (really, a TON of learning) - Open to innovation and change LGM is really an incredible company. The leadership team really cares about their employees, resulting in employees that care deeply about their customers. They often go the extra mile to support their customers even when they're not obliged to do so. During the most trying times of COVID-19 the leadership team and CEO slashed their own pay to make sure no one would be laid off. That's how much they care for everyone. They made sure everyone worked from home and followed every instruction from the health authorities and Canada government to protect their employees, customers and business partners - sometimes at their own expense. LGM will always be in my heart and I wish a bright future for the company!

Cons

- Sometimes take too long to fail, resulting in expensive projects that don't come to fruition. - Hiring process needs improvement: it's often lengthy but because it's mostly downtime.

President and CEO

Thank-you for such a positive review. I know it goes a long way with our team to hear their hard work building a great culture and employee experience is recognized and appreciated. I wish you all the best in your next career move and I hope we get the opportunity to work together again!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working for a company that cares during these challenging times

Jan 6, 2021 - Organizational Learning and Development Business Partner in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Values of giving back/taking care of each other - Drive of executive team to innovate - High frequency of CEO's video communication to employees during the pandemic - Numerous HR programs to support employees during the health crisis - Opportunities to work on many projects (based on position) - Generous company support of learning: courses/degrees - Importance of employee experience: many cultural initiatives launched to keep culture alive virtually: Wellness challenges/LGM Clubs /Peer Partnerships/New Hire buddy system/Morning talk show...

Cons

- Expectations of speed of delivery on projects/initiatives - This is a company that moves fast with lots on the go

President and CEO

Thank-you for the review. It was great to hear that you value the positive attributes that go into building our employee experience at LGM. Your recognition for the efforts our team makes on that front is most appreciated. I also acknowledge that pace and prioritization are things we are still working to get right. Some of our team members like a fast pace and lots of projects for the challenge and opportunities it affords. However, we know that is not always sustainable and are working to find the right balance. We hope to have a new workplace strategy in place soon to address working from home/office/road and clarify our flexible work practices. The current global pandemic will force many companies to rethink how their teams work in the future and those discussions are well underway at LGM. Once again we really appreciate you taking the time to provide a review and we will keep working to make LGM a great place to work and build a career.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Needs improvement

Dec 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a lot of integrity and good company culture. All great people.

Cons

Mostly smart and talented people. Frustrated by those who are not and coast on team. By not fulfilling primary parts of their roles or demands of our team function, it causes a lot of overwork by others. Titles and salary are not great or unfair for the work that is being done. Do not match the expectations of the work and of each other. Good intentions and in the right direction - too many priorities for a company of our size.

3 people found this review helpful

President and CEO

Thank you for sharing your comments as it is through dialogue that we learn what we can do to improve. 2020 was a challenging year amidst a pandemic and our incredible team has been working very hard. Thank you for your efforts. Like other fast-paced, successful businesses, we are aggressively trying to shift and do many things at once during these challenging times. We do realize that this is not sustainable for our team and as we head into 2021, our Senior Leadership is committed to improving our priority-setting and pace of work. LGM will always be a fast-paced environment and that pace may not be right for everyone, but we hear you and are working on it. From a compensation perspective we target to be well above the average, but not the highest, for similar roles in the industry. We also invest considerably in our employee experience and employee development to build careers. As you mentioned, we do have a great culture with great people, high integrity and commitment to our core values – that is something we take great pride in at LGM. I appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback and assure you that we are more committed than ever to building an even better employee experience and a high performing team at LGM.

6. 4.0

Awesome

May 18, 2021 - DDM in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good product, good people in field

Cons

To reliant on commissions annually

President and CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. Our team puts a lot of focus on having great products for our customers, and I would agree we have an amazing team in the field. The annual commissions model that we have for our in field sales team is designed to reward results. Obviously that model has been challenged the last few years given the environment we have been in. We are constantly reviewing this model though and responding as quickly as we can to market changes to ensure we are rewarding our amazing field staff in ways that keep them engaged and focused on the right results. Once again thanks for the positive review and I hope to see you back at LGM one day!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Not bad not Great

Dec 3, 2020 - Dealer Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good co-workers, nice office

Cons

Salary, work balance, call flow

2 people found this review helpful

President and CEO

Thank you for your feedback and while I’m sorry you have left LGM I wish you all the best in your next role. We do review and adjust salaries on an annual basis, including conducting market comparisons from time to time to ensure competitiveness. We also put equal emphasis on other aspects of the employee experience such as employee benefits, personal/mental health and career growth, some of which you acknowledged in your feedback. LGM has always been a fast-paced environment and that pace may not be right for everyone, but we hear you and are working on it. Our pace of work has certainly been higher lately, especially over this past year as we have worked to reposition and adapt to the challenging times so many businesses are facing. Once again, thank-you for your comments and all the best!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Fantastic Employer that cares to be responsible to its employees, customers, business partners and industry

May 14, 2020 - EVP, Finance in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The organization lives by its core values with the primary focus on what is the right thing to do and not the net income generation.

Cons

Although I enjoyed my 13 years with the organization, it is a fast paced environment with audacious goals and objectives that may be too much for some to handle

President and CEO

Thanks for your thoughtful review and more importantly your 13 years of service to our LGM family! I completely agree with your assessment in terms of living our values, doing the right things, as well as having a BIG appetite for challenging goals. We will do our best to ensure your legacy lives on! All the best in your next endeavors!

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The best work environment ever

Jul 23, 2020 - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can confidently say that LGM is by far the best company culture I have experienced in the last 10 years. A group of professional individuals who work hard to achieve excellency, and success.

Cons

The room for growth is limited

President and CEO

Wow! Thanks for the great review. I’m so proud of our LGM Team when I read comments like yours – thank-you! I also appreciate your comment around limited growth opportunities. Having worked in both large and smaller organizations I can say there are pros/cons to each. Hopefully as we grow LGM we can offer more growth potential while maintaining the positives of a smaller team and culture.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work at

Jun 25, 2020 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership was awesome and took care of its employees. The team was super inclusive and bright. Generally speaking the environment at LGM was awesome.

Cons

The insurance industry can only get so exciting.

President and CEO

Thanks for taking time to leave a review. Hearing your experience was “awesome” is very inspiring and rewarding for all of us at LGM – that is what we always strive for! I can certainly appreciate your comments about the insurance industry. My hope though is that we are on a path to changing that through our focus on technology, digital, consumer experience, and on our social purpose of “Accelerating Responsible Mobility for All”. We aspire to change our industry for the better….wish us luck!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Reviews