LGM Financial Services Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2020

4.4
LGM Financial Services Executive Chairman Adam Hill
Adam Hill
Pros
  • "Generally speaking the environment at LGM was awesome(in 12 reviews)

• "The great company culture and authentic passion for giving back among the Senior Leadership Team and employees is what initially drew me to apply(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM(in 7 reviews)

• "There is a fast-paced environment at LGM(in 5 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Employer that cares to be responsible to its employees, customers, business partners and industry"

Former Employee - EVP, Finance in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The organization lives by its core values with the primary focus on what is the right thing to do and not the net income generation.

Cons

Although I enjoyed my 13 years with the organization, it is a fast paced environment with audacious goals and objectives that may be too much for some to handle

May 15, 2020President and CEO

Thanks for your thoughtful review and more importantly your 13 years of service to our LGM family! I completely agree with your assessment in terms of living our values, doing the right things, as well as having a BIG appetite for challenging goals. We will do our best to ensure your legacy lives on! All the best in your next endeavors!

2. "Great company to work at"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership was awesome and took care of its employees. The team was super inclusive and bright. Generally speaking the environment at LGM was awesome.

Cons

The insurance industry can only get so exciting.

Continue reading
  3. "A positive and healthy environment!"

Current Employee - Settlement in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

- everyone is inclusive, kind, and considerate - professional and respectful w/ regards to feedback and collaboration - benefits start on first day of hire date - lots of training opportunities - full kitchen and coffee/tea bar for coffee/tea lovers - ability to work from home (sometimes) if approved - expectations are clear to follow and people embrace work culture

Cons

- can be routine work - lots of business rules to keep in mind but not overwhelming - new hires training at a fast-rate, some learning curves - expect technical glitches in system to occur that may affect work performance - lots of variables can affect department goals which in turn affect individual goals or performance - long hours of screen time

January 8, 2020President and CEO

Thanks for your thoughtful review. I really appreciated hearing your feedback on how people here are inclusive, kind, considerate, professional and respectful – that speaks to our culture and sense of community at LGM. I can see how some of the challenges you note are in part tied to your role in settlement – screen time, routine work and adherence to business rules are so important to your role. I would encourage you to share your concerns with your manager and perhaps work together on career pathing. LGM has many different roles and initiatives for people to be involved in. I’m sure we can find something to break up your routine and allow you to gain experience in other areas. Thx!

4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Corporate Services Administrator

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People who care about each other

Cons

Growing Pains, but that is nothing new

January 8, 2020President and CEO

Thanks for such a succinct and direct review! I totally agree with your assessment, especially that people care about each other here. I would also add that growing pains are evidence of our commitment to growth and innovation. Our industry needs to change and we are trying to lead the way. Thanks!

"Things Went Downhill"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Used to be great culture

Cons

Management changed, staff left, only a few former fun people left

January 8, 2020President and CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. As you probably know the past year has been a tough one at LGM. Due to a variety of market and business reasons, we had to part ways with some great team members and leadership as well. I’m sure you would agree that it is much easier to maintain a great culture in good times, but when times change, it is more challenging. I am proud of how our leaders are working through these changes - we are 100% committed to regaining that great culture. Our employee engagement and customer experience goals have remained a top priority and I think we are well on our way. Hopefully we can win you back someday so you can see that firsthand. Until then we wish you all the best in your next role. Thanks!

6. "Great place to grow with a company that cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

Excellent employee benefits, great people, good compensation, flexible work hours, beautiful office. Amongst other things, LGM has played a huge role in the development of my knowledge and skill set. I'm constantly given opportunities to work on new and exciting projects, which gives me the motivation to come in and work hard every day.

Cons

None that I can really think of.

December 9, 2019President and CEO

Thank-you for taking the time to submit a review. Career growth is an important focus for building a great employee experience at LGM. That is one of the reasons we encourage every employee to have a career path/plan and conversation with their manager. I am really pleased to see that you are getting opportunities to work on new exciting projects. We have a big appetite for innovation and taking on new things at LGM and one of the benefits of that extra work is the opportunity to learn and develop. I am glad to see that is working well for you. I agree exciting times ahead!

"Great place to work but tech is a bit boring"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great benefits and time off (3 weeks vacation and 3 personal days from day one, paid volunteer time, RRSP contributions without matching) -Nice location and office with high quality gym in the building -Can work from home -Occasional company events -People are friendly -Work is relaxed, great work life balance -Frequent paid team lunches -Flexible hours

Cons

-Work is boring at times, technology not very interesting and not much -innovation -Few learning/growth opportunities for junior developers -Age group is not diverse, most people seem to be very settled -Salary slightly below industry average

January 8, 2020President and CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide your thoughts and I am glad you enjoyed all the perks and benefits of being part of our team while you were here. We really work at creating a great employee experience and I’m pleased that is recognized. It sounds like you were not very challenged in your role with us during your time here which is most unfortunate and somewhat surprising given how much we accomplished in the past year. Our technology team has done an amazing job in innovating and developing our industry leading Hub system. Not to say it is perfect, but in many respects, it is lead the way to innovate Digital F&I in our industry – which I find far from boring😊. I do hope you find the right role that challenges you and remember you are always welcome back at LGM!

"Great Job, Poor Management Choice"

Former Employee - Finance

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, beautiful office space, amazing volunteer opportunities

Cons

Experienced bullying from manager and sexist and hurtful remarks from colleague that were dismissed by manager. Management was unable to effectively inspire and handle the diverse personalities of the team. Lots of learning went amiss.

November 7, 2019President and CEO

Thank-you for your balanced review and fair advice. I know this past year has been particularly challenging on our leaders at LGM as we have had to push all of our team members harder than ever to do more with less resources. While I know our team is all well intended, even the best of us don’t always come across as positive and enthusiastic when we are under a lot of stress and pressure. This is something we are working on in the coming year, along with having many of our newer leaders attend our emerging leader development program. We are committed to employee engagement and a creating a great employee experience at LGM and we know that starts with great leadership. Thank-you again for your sound suggestions and for being part of our LGM journey!

9. "Great company culture"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a company that really does value its employees. Not just with software development training, but communication skills training, emotional intelligence training and more. The company is committed to giving back to the community by encouraging employees to volunteer for 4 days of the week, paid! Everyone on the senior leadership team is approachable and willing to listen.

Cons

The direction of the business is changing rapidly and the company needs to change with it. This requires a lot of complex changes being made quickly, which means being pulled in multiple directions constantly if you're working in the Technology dept.

October 4, 2019President and CEO

Thanks for your insightful review. We really do value our team members at LGM, and we try to find ways to demonstrate that. You are also correct that there are a lot of changes in our industry, and our business and people need to respond accordingly. We believe the changes are for the better and will create opportunities to improve our industry and LGM, but it does take a lot of work to get there. I'm proud of our team at LGM for taking on that challenge!

"Love Working Here"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

Beautiful office I can work from home on occasion Great perks and benefits I feel valued Everyone is treated fairly

Cons

Everyone has a lot on their plate, so it can be stressful sometimes

March 5, 2019CEO

Thanks for your review. I really enjoy reading comments from employees who "love" their work. That's important given how many hours/days/weeks/years we pour into our careers. It has to be meaningful and interesting to captivate our hearts and minds. It's true that we are busy at LGM and that is in part because we work within an industry (auto) that is under major disruption (connected cars, autonomous, shared, alternative fuels and digital) and we are desirous of leading many of these fronts with FSO solutions. We do need to keep working hard but also smarter to drive efficiencies and ensure our team has capacity to work on the most important tasks. Thanks for all your efforts. :-)

Found 53 reviews