LGM Financial Services Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Adam Hill

1. Featured Review

"Super fun, secure and amazing place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are amazing, location and facilities are second to none, work is engaging and broad, culture is rich and super fun, compensation and benefits are well above the mean and a more casual work environment means that overall it's an absolute pleasure to come to work everyday.

Cons

Not that it's a true con but you have to hit the ground running and be able to go the distance. This is all relative though and it balances out with the environment and culture... we work hard and play hard at LGM!

Advice to Management

More social activities/engagements - this will help to further build those bridges between departments.

17 Feb, 2017 – CEO

Wow! Thank you for posting this great feedback. I'm delighted to hear your experience is so positive, especially since you've been with us for 5+ years (you've seen a lot of our growing!). Thanks ... More

2. "Opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC

Pros

After spending 8 years working in a dealership I wanted a new challenge in life. I came across LGM and it offered me a new opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. The culture in LGM is team oriented and they're always looking to innovate in the automotive world. They recognize top performers and will help you achieve your goals. This is achieved through continuous education allowances, mentoring, and career path planning. If you're a driven individual looking to take the next step LGM can be the perfect fit. Joining LGM was the best career choice I've made. I would recommend anyone looking for a change in there career to apply and see if LGM is right for you.

Cons

Located in Coal Harbour , it can present challenges commuting into the city. They're close to the Sky Train, West Coast Express, and bus routes. LGM focuses on providing its employees options for a healthy work life balance. I look forward to seeing LGM continue to adapt to the needs of its employees.

10 Jun, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your inspiring post! I love to hear that employees feel like LGM is a great place to grow professionally and personally. Our employees are at the centre of our success and by ... More

3. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Pros

Everyone I have met and work with at LGM is positive, kind and helpful. It is so incredible to be part of such a collaborative team environment. Management wants everyone to succeed are are there to help and support you reach your goals.

Cons

I know it sounds cliche, but I really don't know any cons of working for LGM. But you better be ready to go full steam ahead!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

25 May, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your very positive feedback. I love that you are experiencing LGM in the way we have visioned. At the heart of our success (past and future) is engaged employees. We accomplish employee ... More

"Regional Trainer"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Oakville, ON
    Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Oakville, ON

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is refreshing and inspiring to work with such a solid and talented team. I have great confidence in taking on this new role feeling I have a team to support and help me become a success.

Cons

With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM.

Advice to Management

I would like to thank the dedicated team of management for supporting and inspiring me to be the best I can be.

22 Mar, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It's so great to hear that newer employees are feeling welcomed and supported as they embark on their journey with us. It is not easy switching roles/companies and I ... More

"LGM - First-Class Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits. Small enough to still feel like a family. I feel appreciated. Great community and environmental conscience. Generous CEO. Wonderful values.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Therefore I have nothing to say.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice to give to management.

3 Jan, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your generous posting. I'm honoured to have employees who feel appreciated and inspired to work at LGM. Of course, if you ever have any comments you'd like to share with me ... More

"Best kept secret employer - A culture to be proud of!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Pros

- Strong culture of collaboration/employee development and being part of an exciting future
    - Leadership: open to feedback/invested in the success of the overall company/cares about employees
    - Generous benefit package: vacation/personal days off/paid volunteer days
    - Top notch working environment (ergonomic desks for all employees/2 patios/games in lunch room) downtown Vancouver.

Cons

LGM is working hard at nurturing a culture of high engagement, and as such has being recognized as one of Aon Hewitt’s the Best Employers in Canada.

I know this review may read too good to be true, but I have been in business for over 20 years and can truly appreciate what LGM does offer to its employees.

Advice to Management

Keep on:
    - creating open/frequent communication opportunities with your team
    - sharing your vision of your division/organization future as we continue to grow
    - promoting a culture of frequent and honest feedback (from employees to you in management)
    - coaching your employees around their personal development and how their skills and personal contribution contribue to the big picture

3 Jan, 2017 – CEO

Thank you very much for this positive feedback. It is great to know that employees feel we are focussed on the right things. Employee engagement is a very high priority at LGM. Your advice to ... More

"Employee Review"

Current Employee - Manager, Service in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Manager, Service in Vancouver, BC

Pros

The people and we have first-class, state of the art work environments.
    Our core values. Our core values are present in everything we do. We don't just put our core values on the wall, we live them!
    We move as a very fast pace, change is always present.
    We have made training one of our biggest priorities.
    The "perks" are too many to list.
    We have very little employee turnover.

Cons

Our processes haven't kept up with our growth.
    We move at a fast pace, change is always present. We are constantly under the gun of tight deadlines and quick turn-a-rounds.
    We have very little employee turnover.
    Work/life balance, for some roles, is difficult to attain.

Advice to Management

I don't suspect they need my advise, as I feel we are working on the right things, including: training, customer experience improvements, and updating and refining our processes. HUB will allows us to move forward with the IT infrastructure necessary to stay competitive for many years.

5 Jan, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback and insights. I agree that we have some process improvements to work on. In fact that's one of our key priorities this coming year now that we've got a new software ... More

9. "Report Developer"

Former Employee - Report Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Report Developer in Vancouver, BC

Pros

It is a great company to work with, as leadership cares about the employee and the community. It is open, fair, challenging, and also very rewarding environment. It is fast paced and agile in moving forward new initiatives. Leadership encourages the innovation so that resources can become more creative. The working environment is very nice (ergonomic). You can find very few local companies that can matche LGM.

Cons

As LGM is very fast paced and agile in IT and business, it might require more diligent on documenting the processes, changes and future initiatives. Without existing knowledge documented, it might requires more time and cost to reinvent the wheel, which is not efficient.

Advice to Management

Great leadership style that really connects with the employee - talk to employee very frequently, BBQ events, social events, gives the regular business updates, etc. Keep up the excellent work and Go LGM Go!

28 Dec, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your post! I appreciate the time you have taken to recommend LGM. I love it when employees feel connected to what we are doing. Your advice around technology documentation processes ... More

10. "Great Company. Positive Approach. Strong Workforce."

Current Employee - Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is committed to making the company a success, Great work ethic. Management is supportive and the workforce is engaged with a high level of expertise.

Cons

It's a smaller company, so internal transfer / promotion might be slower that within the big corporations.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

19 Sep, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the post! I'm glad that you are enjoying the team and culture at LGM. We welcome your energy, positivity and constructive feedback. As we keep growing there will be advancement ... More

11. "Great Culture"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The most collaborative organization I have encountered in 25 years of my career. People genuinely wanting to help and find solutions. Continuous improvement environment, significant learning opportunities - both formal and informal, transparent decision making and good communication. Very serious about core values.

Cons

This is fast paced environment and ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity is a must.

Advice to Management

Hold the course and continue to build on existing foundation.

11 Jun, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your great comments! I'm glad you've found that LGM has exceeded your prior work experiences. That's what we strive for. You are right that our fast pace does breed some uncertainty and ... More