LGM Financial Services Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.3
Adam Hill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Super fun, secure and amazing place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are amazing, location and facilities are second to none, work is engaging and broad, culture is rich and super fun, compensation and benefits are well above the mean and a more casual work environment means that overall it's an absolute pleasure to come to work everyday.

Cons

Not that it's a true con but you have to hit the ground running and be able to go the distance. This is all relative though and it balances out with the environment and culture... we work hard and play hard at LGM!

Advice to Management

More social activities/engagements - this will help to further build those bridges between departments.

17 Feb, 2017 – CEO

Wow! Thank you for posting this great feedback. I'm delighted to hear your experience is so positive, especially since you've been with us for 5+ years (you've seen a lot of our growing!). Thanks... More

2. "Great Culture"

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

People there are amazing and so is the work environment

Cons

Can't think of any honestly.

3. "What a great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LGM believes in empowering individuals and in helping people to grow, in every aspect.

Cons

This really is a great place to work. I’m still trying to think of a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

4 Dec, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the inspiring review! We are proud of the team here at LGM and empowering them to do great work is an important goal. There's a ton of support, tools and encouragement to stretch and... More

5. "LGM is a great place to work."

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many Pros: the people are wonderful, the office is gorgeous, and the work is rewarding. The perks and benefits are fantastic and the CEO practices what he preaches and truly believes in the core values of Respect, Integrity, Giving Back, Service Excellence and Continuous Learning.

Cons

Stressful at times with long hours. A sense of urgency is always expected though not always possible.

1 Sep, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your review on glassdoor. I love hearing that you believe the work is rewarding. That's important given how much of our time each day, week, month, years is devoted to our careers... More

6. "I hope to be at LGM for a long time!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LGM is one of the best companies I've worked for. The culture is fun and informal with a professional business ethic. We work well together and support open communication. There are endless projects to get involved in. Your growth is largely up to you (depending on your area within the company). The management in my area is very involved, holding monthly and quarterly one-on-one meetings where we address issues as well as build the relationship between manager and employee. Expectations are high and we continuously meet or exceed them. It feels good to be a part of something that I'm proud of.

We have several annual parties and team-building events, including giving back days, departmental breakfasts, costume days which makes me feel very bonded to my team. Our office space is beautiful with 2 patios and a large kitchen, which we're always using for social gatherings.

I've found my work-life balance is encouraged by having a regular schedule with overtime only when necessary, the health and wellness allowance, and the encouragement to give back to the community via 4 Giving Back days per year.

Cons

One downside is out of LGM's control - the industry. LGM's goal is to change what has traditionally been the consumer experience around buying a vehicle or buying a warranty. I believe we are honest and provide benefit to those that purchase our products, but perceptions still have a curve to overcome in terms of reputation.

Another downside is salary. There is a large disparity between departments and roles. Increases per year are modest at best.

Lastly, the company growth is sometimes faster than we're able to keep up with. This is, of course, not necessarily a bad thing, however it can be frustrating to have priorities constantly up in the air.

Advice to Management

Management could benefit from understanding the day to day tasks that make up the bigger picture that they see. I believe the work we provide to internal and external customers directly impacts LGM's ability to win business and maintain relationships. As a member of a cost centre, I would like to see that recognized to the same degree as other departments.

Other than that, I am a huge LGM fan. Please continue to learn from us and grow us into the cohesive team that we are!

"Used to have great culture"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- admirable president
    -flat organization
    -great culture (sliding over the last year or two)
    -nice new office and awesome cafeteria, BBQ on patio, game room
    - gym in the building
    -downtown hub
    -proprietary products

Cons

-several great top execs have been replaced with stiffnecked ones who do things ONLY their way
    -change in top management waterfalled into lowered moral
    - after a huge revamp of software, budgets got cut, and so did fun, great people and perks
    - remote work was eliminated by new CIO, adding extra duties with no extra pay, extra hours and more stress
    -very skinny benefits with low maximums

Advice to Management

To support the culture you ones had, you need to replace the stiff neck execs with the open minded flexible execs. If not, you'll lose more and more great folks that made LGM LGM!

8 Jul, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your post. Since launching our latest software platform (known as HUB) there certainly have been some changes in management within the software development team. Most of the senior... More

8. "Opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC

Pros

After spending 8 years working in a dealership I wanted a new challenge in life. I came across LGM and it offered me a new opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. The culture in LGM is team oriented and they're always looking to innovate in the automotive world. They recognize top performers and will help you achieve your goals. This is achieved through continuous education allowances, mentoring, and career path planning. If you're a driven individual looking to take the next step LGM can be the perfect fit. Joining LGM was the best career choice I've made. I would recommend anyone looking for a change in there career to apply and see if LGM is right for you.

Cons

Located in Coal Harbour , it can present challenges commuting into the city. They're close to the Sky Train, West Coast Express, and bus routes. LGM focuses on providing its employees options for a healthy work life balance. I look forward to seeing LGM continue to adapt to the needs of its employees.

10 Jun, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your inspiring post! I love to hear that employees feel like LGM is a great place to grow professionally and personally. Our employees are at the centre of our success and by... More

9. "Great place to work at"

Pros

LGM truly cares about it's employee. It shows every day. Great environment to work at. work place are well laid, ergonomics are there. people are helpful and friendly. You feel right at home when coming to work. The company stands behind it's values and is a very responsible corporate citizen. To good to be true? Joint the team you will see :)

Cons

Nothing comes to mind really.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

24 Jun, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your review! It's great to see employees using Glass Door to share their experience at LGM. I'm also pleased to hear you are enjoying the work environment. Do remember that I welcome... More

"Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Pros

Everyone I have met and work with at LGM is positive, kind and helpful. It is so incredible to be part of such a collaborative team environment. Management wants everyone to succeed are are there to help and support you reach your goals.

Cons

I know it sounds cliche, but I really don't know any cons of working for LGM. But you better be ready to go full steam ahead!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

25 May, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your very positive feedback. I love that you are experiencing LGM in the way we have visioned. At the heart of our success (past and future) is engaged employees. We accomplish employee... More

11. "I recommend this workplace"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

Very socially responsible company, competitive salary, and great health and wellness benefits

Cons

sometimes the office feels a bit loud because of the open working space

25 May, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your post. I am glad you are supportive of our giving back philosophies and that our compensation package is also on target. These are things we value as part of our core strategic... More