L'Oréal Employee Reviews about "long working hours"

Updated Jul 1, 2020

3.9
L'Oréal Chief Executive Officer Jean-Paul Agon
Jean-Paul Agon
1,765 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great work environment with smart colleagues and a lot of teamwork(in 124 reviews)

• "Interesting fast paced environment(in 123 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "long working hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great beauty company"

5.0
    Former Employee - BI Analyst

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible hours work smart employee discount private sales

Cons

long hours during busy seasons lack of training

May 27, 2019Global content and employee engagement manager

Dear ex-colleague, Thank you for your very positive review. We’re very proud of our workplace and the unique benefits we are able to offer! We have an entire team dedicated to upskilling and training our employees and we encourage anyone to reach out to their HR team for information on the latest employee learning programs available (there are many!). We wish you continued success in your career. Best, Madeline

"Constant Gaslighting within the Company"

Current Employee - Retail Execution Specialist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good products - Great People - Nice office ( Montreal only, the Toronto sales office is depressing and terrible)

Cons

- extremely long hours with barely any work life balance - L'Oreal Canada also does not care about the black lives matter movement and they are only using diverse models to sell products, internally all management and executives are mostly white males - forced into a 'path' that you don't want - low pay for the amount of work stress you deal with and the long hours you work - management its all a white boy club, it is clear when the promotions happen - HR doesn't really do anything, serves no purpose, is on side of the managers, expect no support or guidance - daily gaslighting corporate practices have become a habit - the most diverse management/executive team of l'oreal is in US.... there 1 person of colour - if you are a black person or a person of colour, i would re-consider applying since you will be forced to work like dog, with bad pay and no room for promotion - for a company to talk about their ethics so much they really don't have any - they have training on feedback culture but take 0 advice of their employees when asked about better working conditions

"Worst professional experience"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Montreal, QC

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Access to products, nice colleagues

Cons

Toxic environment, fake reviews, long hours, horrible management

4. "Great place to work"

Current Contractor - Air Force Captain

I have been working at L'Oréal

Pros

Great work environment with smart colleagues and a lot of teamwork!

Cons

Long hours, no extra compensation

5. "The beauty of the beauty world"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, super open to innovate and new ideas, a lot of learning

Cons

Long hours + a lot of performance pressures

6. "marketing coordinator"

I worked at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

coffee bar is a great networking place

Cons

long hours wont see your family

April 5, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear former colleague, thanks for sharing your review . we totally agree that we have a very open networking culture which is facilited in many ways like the coffee bar you mentioned . We are working on moren work-life balance activities this year under our Share & Care Program, which aims to implement measures to suit our employees wellbeing , including flexible working. Wishing you a very successful career ahead . Yang.

7. "Jr Product Manager"

I worked at L'Oréal

Pros

Great brand, Good school, stepping stone

Cons

high turnover, long hours, competitive environment

8. "MARKETING ASSISTANT"

Marketing Assistant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal for more than a year

Pros

You learn a lot ; lots of trainings Develops Entrepreneurship Teamwork Great opportunities Beautiful brands

Cons

Long hours Hierarchy Lots of processese to respect Stressful periods when international visits High Workload

May 8, 2017Digital HR

It’s great to hear from one of our current employees. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. You’ve hit the 1 year mark and we’re happy to have you on the team. You mentioned that the international visits can be stressful – this is true. When our Zone leaders visit, there are times where the workload can increase. Depending how you view it, it can be a ‘pro’ or ‘con’ of the job. The ‘con’ is that there’s a lot to prepare and the leaders often require checking, double-checking, and triple-checking all of the results for the period. This is surely a tough time. The ‘pro’ is that if you’re preparing a lot for the visit, that means you’re a very valuable player on the team and your leads are depending on you because they see a lot of potential in you. Always keep in mind that we perform at our best when we’re under pressure. Pressure creates diamonds! You also mentioned entrepreneurship, which is something we pride ourselves on. The ability to take ownership over projects is something that has helped countless people develop their skills and challenged them to think differently. We’re a big company, but we do our best to move with agility and speed. If you are feeling overwhelmed please speak with your manager to share your thoughts. They should be aware of your workload and have the ability to adjust things if necessary. Keep up the good work and we hope that you add another updated review in a year to see how we’re progressing.

9. "Assistant Project Manager"

I worked at L'Oréal

Pros

-Interesting projects -Broad overview of product development -Opportunities for creativity

Cons

-Stressful, egoist managers -Long hours -Demanding workload

March 14, 2017HR Digital

Thank you for leaving a review for us – we appreciate it!

"Strong brands, old and unhealthy company culture."

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You learn how to manage your own company since you end up doing the job of everyone from marketing, trade, supply chain, forecasting, finance. You get a strong company name for your next job.

Cons

Bad reputation among recruiters - they refer to L'Oréal candidates as lacking the strategic vision. Immature culture , management is driven by fear, no empowered employees, long working hours (even weekends), decisions are pushed from management and not from brands.

March 14, 2017HR Digital

Thank you for investing over 3 years with our team! It shows that you have dedication, resolve, and have a good grasp of different business functions. You mention a number of important issues that we are concerned about. One way of empowering you is to have you work with us to first understand the concerns in depth and then include you input in devising the appropriate solutions. I should note our Simplici-T project that is one our biggest and most profound transformations that aims to help employees be more empowered. I should also mention that you have the ability to directly reach our President – who personally reads all of the messages. This would be a great way for you to share some of your concerns as well as propose solutions at the highest level.

Found 263 reviews