Kronos Incorporated "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Kronos Incorporated Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 1, 2020

4.2
Kronos Incorporated Chief Executive Officer Aron J. Ain
Aron J. Ain
1,146 Ratings
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

Probably the best company I've ever worked for. Great and very motivating corporate CEO, caring and supportive of employees and our contributions to the organization. Company goals are very specific , focused, and communicated to all from the top down. Collaborative team spirit across functions. Very good company benefits. Excellent work-life balance. Proud to be a part of this very successful organization!

Cons

No complaints or criticisms.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Kronos Incorporated2018-11-12

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

People Oriented and shares the success

Cons

At the end of the day, you're a line item in a forecast. Work life balance requires that you fight for it otherwise the hours will be as long - forget about OT.

Kronos Incorporated2019-06-28

"Poorly managed"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid Health Insurance Lots of restaurants around

Cons

- Get a speech from CEO one day about flexibility and work life balance and 3 days later get work from home benefit removed is a reality. - Micromanagement - Lack of trust towards employee - Lack of trust towards managers (from upper management) - Work on desktop machines - Upper management hides in his office and doesn't want to confront employees - Lack of innovation - Everything will be great in the 2-3 months period previous to the Glassdoor best places to work survey to make sure employees answer what they want.

Advice to Management

Start trusting your employees and tells us the why. Don't be so secretive about everything. Market is fierce and other companies around are offering good benefits too. Removing benefits 1 by 1 is probably a bad strategy.

Kronos Incorporated2019-05-16
  4. "Backend QA"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Kronos Incorporated

Pros

Learnt a lot, people are always willing to help! Work life balance is great

Cons

Learning curve in the first few weeks can be big

Kronos Incorporated2019-01-04

"The best work environment in my 15 years career"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Support Analyst in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great culture - Work Life Balance at its best (UNLIMITED VACATION, UNLIMITED SICK DAYS, WORKING FROM HOME WHEN NEEDED NO QUESTIONS ASKED) - Good benefits

Cons

The pros make the cons very acceptable.

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to work more often from home. Remote work is productive and make employees more responsible and independent. Remote collaboration should become the norm and not something we only do when we have no choice.

Kronos Incorporated2018-09-27

"Used to be a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

Salaries, health insurance is great

Cons

- Directors have never write a line of code - Work/life balance, expect to work many weekends - Technologies are chosen by the US and you have no say - Employee survey are used against employees

Advice to Management

Since end of 2017 the ‘new’ management is all about being yesman to the US office. US leadership should recognize that running a R&D group requires some R&D knowledge!

Kronos Incorporated2018-10-06

"Not a Great Place to Work"

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

OK salary and benefits and work-life balance.

Cons

Untouchable leaders and managers that noone can influence. They bring bias and favoritism into management and "manage out" people they just personally don't favor. Employee engagement surveys are used against employees and for managers. Everything press releases say about Kronos as a great place to work is propaganda. So many people are unhappy. Noone will ever listen to them. This place is for favorites and select people and for the rest, stay if you can tolerate it. Also, there is a serious lack of diversity in leadership and management at all levels.

Advice to Management

Add diversity to senior leadership and look closely into leaders' styles of management. Use employee engagement surveys to question managers and take action.

Kronos Incorporated2018-08-06

"The best Company in my 8 years' career so far but still many things to improve"

Current Employee - Employee From Support Team in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture is great in Canada & USA. Family-oriented type of company / Montreal office with 300 people, 5300 worldwide. Continuous growth of revenues since...40 years ! We work 10mn away by Express bus from Concordia metrostation, 2mn walk from Côte-des-Neiges metro (blue line) # Time-off policy =unlimited paid vacation like some famous US companies, Netflix but also Gsoft in Montreal :) # Work from home (depends on team/projects but generally from 1 to max 2 days a week all year) # Bonus starts from 5%, then 7%... depending on your level # RRSP Kronos contribution : up to 3000$/year (depends on your salary too) Developers & Automation Engineers are at the core of Kronos' business. When hesitating between job offers, candidates might need to think about what is the core business of this or this company, the seniority of dev teams... Banks as employers and IT consulting firms for instance do not have Software/Cloud as their core business/own product, Kronos does! OTHER great stuff: # Permanent positions only : we keep the knowledge in the company, very few consultants in Montreal + extremely low turn-over # Good Collective Insurance plan : starts day 1 # Paid Tuition Fees for employees (5250$/year in Canada), the company has a Scholarship program for employee's children (500$) & a Children adoption participation plan too # Many discounts : Energie Cardio (80$ rebate so far), Hotels, Dell laptops, Car rental, Microsoft Home Use program... # French pastries on Fridays, free coffee/tea ;-)

Cons

1) Heavy workload at the moment - because of release of new SW Cloud Product Workforce Dimensions (100 persons involved in Montreal). Some top managers might need to have a closer eye on Work-life balance for people, especially to respect the week-ends in Canada. It is so important for the CEO himself. 2) External Communication : It is a BtoB company, so to hire the best people we would need to communicate more externally in Canada & US, example : sponsor tech meetups events, print advertising in the metro/buses when there are ones in local areas. Say how great benefits are within Kronos! We do not communicate enough the great benefits on Kronos website in general and Career page in particular 3) More trainings for our people, think about using latest frameworks (Angular, React, Automation Engineering...) once people have a bit less work. Do internal Hackathons mixing marketing, sales, dev... everywhere We could be more Agile, and let more space for innovation: the courage to lead!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great culture, be all aligned with Aron' sense of work-life balance especially on week-ends, even if we have to deliver things. It is hard sometimes but it is the company culture and vision: the CEO's vision.

Kronos Incorporated2017-12-20
  9. "application consultant"

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

chaotic need more room for internal growth

Cons

great pay/benefits and work life balance

Kronos Incorporated2017-11-11

"Great company"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very happy to be part of the company. Great people, great culture and great work/life balance. Would recommend to anyone.

Cons

I haven't experienced any specific cons in this company. There is always room for improvement on communication from management and strategic decisions but they are still above average.

Kronos Incorporated2017-03-02