Kronos Incorporated Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Aron J. Ain
1,053 Ratings

"ADOPT"

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

ADOPT office. Competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

Some of the managers are grossly unqualified to manage people. I heard stuff like "I know WE have a lot of work but I am confident YOU can do it". Politics and brown nosing are everything. Gossip and back-stabbing, seem to be encouraged. Software developers team is coached like it's a sports team, high fives and all. In the office everybody seemed stressed and afraid.

Kronos Incorporated2018-12-22
  2. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

Probably the best company I've ever worked for. Great and very motivating corporate CEO, caring and supportive of employees and our contributions to the organization. Company goals are very specific , focused, and communicated to all from the top down. Collaborative team spirit across functions. Very good company benefits. Excellent work-life balance. Proud to be a part of this very successful organization!

Cons

No complaints or criticisms.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Kronos Incorporated2018-11-12

"The best work environment in my 15 years career"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Support Analyst in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great culture - Work Life Balance at its best (UNLIMITED VACATION, UNLIMITED SICK DAYS, WORKING FROM HOME WHEN NEEDED NO QUESTIONS ASKED) - Good benefits

Cons

The pros make the cons very acceptable.

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to work more often from home. Remote work is productive and make employees more responsible and independent. Remote collaboration should become the norm and not something we only do when we have no choice.

Kronos Incorporated2018-09-27

"Stay away for now"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You want to work with passionate devs, who will work hard and knowledgable? There is plenty. I just hope they will stay. They mostly hire managers/leads within the company. This is a big plus in my book. There is also a nice mix or junior and senior: always the best combo.

Cons

We have 2 days we can work from home per week, but be aware that management will remove them - whenever they need to (politics, lots of politics). It is not in your contract when they hire you. And it happens often. Work balance? It is an illusion until you need it. If you are a yes man, wants to park somewhere and dont want to improve things, its your place. The quality of the code varies greatly. Mostly mediocre.

Advice to Management

Be a leader, not a boss.

Kronos Incorporated2018-10-03

"Used to be a good place to work"

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

Salaries, health insurance is great

Cons

- Directors have never write a line of code - Work/life balance, expect to work many weekends - Technologies are chosen by the US and you have no say - Employee survey are used against employees

Advice to Management

Since end of 2017 the ‘new’ management is all about being yesman to the US office. US leadership should recognize that running a R&D group requires some R&D knowledge!

Kronos Incorporated2018-10-06

"Stay away"

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

Kronos used to be a great place to work

Cons

Poor local leadership Tons of overtime for no valid reasons (unpaid) No trust in employees

Advice to Management

Resign

Kronos Incorporated2018-10-04

"Calm as lake in old projects, absolute chaos in others"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

- If you are a manager, you basically do not work! only obey commands of the upper managements and pass them to the poor employees and get paid well and have as much children as possible to go to paternity/maternity leave. - basically very flexible for WFH and sick and vacation days. - free coffee. croissants on Fridays which portions goes smaller and smaller every week. - No one wants to work for kronos, so just... apply and show yourself ready to accept to work in a chaotic environment, and you'll get the offer!

Cons

- Workforce Central employees really enjoy their time, but again nothing new is learned by working for kronos. - Workforce Dimensions is the absolute Chaos at its best. There is no technology, no methodology, no culture and no aspects could be named which is done right. - For each new micro feature, many more complicated bugs are introduced, and it is funny that those bugfixes wont go through regression before... they merge, so each bugfix again introduces many more new bugs. leading to having the most unstable and chaotic software solution as possible. - The softwares in all aspects of the company are not done right from the beginning. - Forget about team spirit and collaboration, you do not find it here. - Forget about team members who are willing to share their knowledge, they either do not know or do not want to share their knowledge. - Prepare to work on the weekends very often with no fault of your own. - Forget about creativity and innovation, none is defined and all of the time of the developers and QAs is wasted on bringing the chaotic software solution back together. - Frameworks are done by consultants quickly and cheaply so expect unmaintainable and chaotic framework. - There is no employee freedom at all, either obey to work on what is defined and using the technology and tools they define or leave the company. - Toxic and negative culture. meaning you are not safe from being constantly judged and reported to the upper management based on those judgements. - When an issue arises in the team, team members pass it to others. - Deadlines are not fair and are imaginary. meaning they create alot of negative stress and health issues for the employees who work. - Most of the new work is assigned to a very few employees, and the rest of employees are doing pointless maintenance of a badly designed system. if they put those who do maintenance on the new work, they can not handle it or they refuse. obvious signs of a untraceable bloating software.

Advice to Management

Any advice to the management does not seem to work in this case, there are too many issues. no one can fix them in this state.

Kronos Incorporated2018-08-23

"Not a Great Place to Work"

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time

Pros

OK salary and benefits and work-life balance.

Cons

Untouchable leaders and managers that noone can influence. They bring bias and favoritism into management and "manage out" people they just personally don't favor. Employee engagement surveys are used against employees and for managers. Everything press releases say about Kronos as a great place to work is propaganda. So many people are unhappy. Noone will ever listen to them. This place is for favorites and select... people and for the rest, stay if you can tolerate it. Also, there is a serious lack of diversity in leadership and management at all levels.

Advice to Management

Add diversity to senior leadership and look closely into leaders' styles of management. Use employee engagement surveys to question managers and take action.

Kronos Incorporated2018-08-06

"The best Company in my 8 years' career so far but still many things to improve"

Current Employee - Employee From Support Team in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture is great in Canada & USA. Family-oriented type of company / Montreal office with 300 people, 5300 worldwide. Continuous growth of revenues since...40 years ! We work 10mn away by Express bus from Concordia metrostation, 2mn walk from Côte-des-Neiges metro (blue line) # Time-off policy =unlimited paid vacation like some famous US companies, Netflix but also Gsoft in Montreal :) # Work from... home (depends on team/projects but generally from 1 to max 2 days a week all year) # Bonus starts from 5%, then 7%... depending on your level # RRSP Kronos contribution : up to 3000$/year (depends on your salary too) Developers & Automation Engineers are at the core of Kronos' business. When hesitating between job offers, candidates might need to think about what is the core business of this or this company, the seniority of dev teams... Banks as employers and IT consulting firms for instance do not have Software/Cloud as their core business/own product, Kronos does! OTHER great stuff: # Permanent positions only : we keep the knowledge in the company, very few consultants in Montreal + extremely low turn-over # Good Collective Insurance plan : starts day 1 # Paid Tuition Fees for employees (5250$/year in Canada), the company has a Scholarship program for employee's children (500$) & a Children adoption participation plan too # Many discounts : Energie Cardio (80$ rebate so far), Hotels, Dell laptops, Car rental, Microsoft Home Use program... # French pastries on Fridays, free coffee/tea ;-)

Cons

1) Heavy workload at the moment - because of release of new SW Cloud Product Workforce Dimensions (100 persons involved in Montreal). Some top managers might need to have a closer eye on Work-life balance for people, especially to respect the week-ends in Canada. It is so important for the CEO himself. 2) External Communication : It is a BtoB company, so to hire the best people we would need to communicate more... externally in Canada & US, example : sponsor tech meetups events, print advertising in the metro/buses when there are ones in local areas. Say how great benefits are within Kronos! We do not communicate enough the great benefits on Kronos website in general and Career page in particular 3) More trainings for our people, think about using latest frameworks (Angular, React, Automation Engineering...) once people have a bit less work. Do internal Hackathons mixing marketing, sales, dev... everywhere We could be more Agile, and let more space for innovation: the courage to lead!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great culture, be all aligned with Aron' sense of work-life balance especially on week-ends, even if we have to deliver things. It is hard sometimes but it is the company culture and vision: the CEO's vision.

Kronos Incorporated2017-12-20

"Stay away for now."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

On the long term, it's a nice company to work for. The core values are good!

Cons

Management has no clear vision, priorities are changing each month and with each new priority comes extra weekend work. Stay away for now, thing might get better in a few years.

Advice to Management

Please stop sacrificing quality for the sake of deadlines, communicate long term goals more. Continuous planned weekend work is unsustainable.

Kronos Incorporated2017-12-16