Kool Smiles Employee Reviews about "quality dental care"

Updated Oct 17, 2016

3.3
Kool Smiles Executive Dental Directors Dr. Dale Mayfield & Dr. David Vieth  (no image)
Dr. Dale Mayfield & Dr. David Vieth
Pros
  • "We stand behind our core values and make decisions through our priority pledge and work to give the best service while providing quality dental care(in 18 reviews)

• "Senior leadership understand clinical issues and concerns because they are dentists themselves(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "The dentists were struggling to keep up with the patient load making the wait times ridiculous and patients upset(in 13 reviews)

• "Scheduling from the call center would become a problem due to not scheduling considerately(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "quality dental care"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Clinical Leadership"

Clinical Leadership in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kool Smiles for more than 8 years

Pros

Dedicated mission to provide access to care for those who do not have availability of dental care

Cons

None that I have to offer.

2. "Kool Smiles is missions driven"

Current Employee - Dentist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with Kool Smiles for about 6+ years. I enjoy working here because it feels like I work with family, as you become united when you join together for a greater purpose, which at Kool Smiles is for the mission of providing quality dental care to under served communities. I really enjoy everyone with whom I work and it's a great feeling to know that what I do makes a difference.

Cons

As with any job, there are good days and bad days but I think it helps to know that the overall vision of what we do is positive.

3. "We are family!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Laredo, TX

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Have you ever heard the phrase, "Do what you love and you'll never work one day in your life"? Before working at Kool Smiles, this phrase was only a sentence. Kool Smiles is more than just a company. Kool Smiles is a large family working together to accomplish our mission, to expand high quality dental care for underserved communities. Our dream is to create a world filled with happy and healthy smiles. With that being said, do I consider my job "work"? My answer is a simple, "no!" I feel blessed to work for a company that values our talents, promotes our individual growth, and is FUN.... If you are ready to make a difference in others' lives while partnering up with the best group of people, Kool Smiles is the family to join!!!!

Cons

We want some Kool Smiles backpacks. Those are Kool!!!!

4. "Dental assistant"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Helping kids get the dental care they need

Cons

Not properly compensated for the work You do

5. "employment review"

Regional Business Partner

I have been working at Kool Smiles

Pros

I love the mission of this organization. Everyone top to bottom is well aligned with providing quality dental care to the underserved. They have a very strong focus around employee satisfaction and development. They encourage self directed development as well provides various educational and development programs each year. High growth company with lots of opportunity at all levels.

Cons

It is hard to think of the Cons in this organization. Finding qualified doctors that share are mission is crucial and not always an easy task.

6. "Enjoy my Job"

Area Business Leader in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Kool Smiles for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working for Kool Smiles. I believe in what the company stands for and that we make a difference everyday in helping kids and their parents with good Oral Healthcare. We stand behind our core values and make decisions through our priority pledge and work to give the best service while providing quality dental care.

Cons

Health Insurance Deductible too high

"Work at a Company with a Purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked at various companies throughout the years, software, travel, training, technology, professional services, etc. Most of the time your company is in a business that is providing a product or service but that product or service is not assisting in helping improve the lives of others. However, if you work at Kool Smiles you know your Company is providing a service that helps communities throughout the US. The access to dental care in a lot of the communities that KS serves is minimal or non-existant for those that need it the most. I've seen the lives that this Company has touched and to be able to work with an organization like that is fulfilling.

Cons

Working here is not like working in an "ordinary" dental clinic. It can be difficult at times but the good things in life don't come easy. If you believe in the values of the Company, and believe you are serving the greater good, the pros outweigh the cons that you may have to encounter on a day to day basis.

Continue reading
  8. "Kool Smiles is a great place to work..."

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kool Smiles is a great company full of integrity driven and compassionate leaders whose number one priority is to help children. The company is committed to providing quality dental care in a safe and courteous environment. I am blessed to be a part of such a compassionate group of people. When you walk out the door each night, you truly feel like you've made a difference in the lives of children.

Cons

I simply cannot think of one negative thing to say about the work environment at Kool Smiles.

9. "AMAZING place to work!"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time for less than a year

Pros

Obvious commitment to providing the best quality care to the individuals in most need of dental care. Supportive environment to work in throughout every department. Obvious commitment to providing a safe, courteous and fun work atmosphere that in turn, produces a very high morale among the employees.

Cons

Honestly, I have only worked here about 3 months but have not seen anything that I would consider a "con". I have only positive things to say about Kool Smiles and its mission.

Continue reading
  10. "Kool Smiles is a great place to work!"

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time

Pros

Kool Smiles has a very important mission: to provide high quality dental care to poor children. I sleep very well at night knowing that's what we do for a living. We have by far the best quality and compliance in dentistry, including when you compare vs private dentists. And the people are terrific- the most talented, dedicated team at all levels that I've ever worked with

Cons

The industry seems to be under attack from people and groups who have no idea what they are talking about, no idea what the facts are. They are just looking for a way to make a quick buck or a name for themselves by lying and sweeping Kool Smiles in under the same rug that a couple of poor quality competitors are under. But I am certain the facts will win out over people and groups who are attacking us. Kool Smiles' mission and people are worth fighting for!

Found 18 reviews