Kool Smiles Employee Reviews about "doctors"

Updated Jul 14, 2019

3.3
Kool Smiles Executive Dental Directors Dr. Dale Mayfield & Dr. David Vieth  (no image)
Dr. Dale Mayfield & Dr. David Vieth
Pros
  • "Learn to work at fast pace and meet different doctors(in 19 reviews)

• "We stand behind our core values and make decisions through our priority pledge and work to give the best service while providing quality dental care(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The dentists were struggling to keep up with the patient load making the wait times ridiculous and patients upset(in 14 reviews)

• "It was not uncommon to have 10 patients scheduled an hour in hygiene and only 6 chairs with the next hour having no patients(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "doctors"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee

Race issues and favoritism

Jul 14, 2019 - Clinical Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn to work at fast pace and meet different doctors.

Cons

Low salary, different rules weekly, management lies to employees and the allow the patients to do whatever in order to get the money for treatment. Blatent racism/favoritism at the final location i worked at. They only want to pay the minimum, but expect us to run around the office like crazy. Wants us to see late and rude patients and cram patients into the schedule.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very rewarding, love my staff, love the children and my supervisor is great at letting me know how valued I am.

May 18, 2012 - Office Manager in Monroe, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the kids, the great fun positive staff, & the doctors that really love what they do. The entire staff is dedicated to making the visit to the dentist fun and providing quality care to our patients. I spend more time with this staff than with my own family and it really is a joy coming to work with them everyday!! If it is one thing that I can say about the staff I work with they are FUN, Caring and love KIDS!!!!

Cons

I do not like working Saturdays (9-2pm) I understand why we do it (so working parents do not have to miss work) but when you have children of your own envolved in activities on Saturdays it is hard on them and me to not be there. We rotate so it is not so bad.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Area Dental Director

Apr 12, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being with the company for 8 years, I have seen our company face many challenges from our communities and peers. We recognize that things are not always perfect and we will continue to face challenges as any organization. However, Kool Smiles and those who truly believe in our mission have the resiliency to see these challenges through to make things better, not only for our patients, but for our employees. This company encourages and expects growth in the development of our staff. They have challenged me to become a better doctor, a better leader, and a better mentor to other dentists. Because of these lasting skills, I will be able to help make a significant, positive change for the oral health of our communities and the patients we serve.

Cons

Work/ life balance is a continuous challenge, but manageable.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great environment to work in

Oct 13, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kool Smiles is my first job and I feel incredibly lucky to work there. The doctors are nice and charismatic, staff there is tightly knit and welcoming and the office manager is incredibly understanding. I couldn't have asked for better place to work at. The salary isn't bad either, not sure how it compares to private offices but they give you a lot of benefits if you're a full time employee. You also have all major holidays off, as well as reasonable hours.

Cons

Sometimes it gets a little bit busy and some days it is understaffed. Some patients are harder to handle than others, especially the smaller children. If you aren't patient with children then I wouldn't recommend this job.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company with an AMAZING mission, values and dream.

Mar 31, 2016 - Area Business Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

To be apart of a company that not only care about its employees -taking the time to develop, grow, reward along with challenging us to be amazing leaders we have a great mission and dream to help change the lives of many children each and every day. Working with a group of doctors who love what they do and want to improve and educate the dental health of the children we see every day.

Cons

We can sometimes be to focused on tasks from a management prospective but nothing out of the norm for most companies.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

What A Great Place To Work!

Jan 17, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Outstanding organization with a purpose and mission to do the right thing for patients and employees. This organization is focused on patient care and driven by the doctors. There is a real sense of family and the company believes in maintaining a work/life balance. Like any large, multi-office organizations, there are always exceptions, but what a refreshing change to work with people who want to take care of children and their parents, provide outstanding care and have fun while doing it!

Cons

Rapid growth may have caused some bumps in the road, but the desire and drive is there to make things right.

7. 5.0

Great Company with a Noble Mission

Mar 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

While other dental companies may have their mission statements and philosophy, Kool Smiles is a large dental organization that has a simple yet powerful tenet that elevates it above all others of its kind. This tenet is simply represented by the dream of Kool Smiles to "create a world of happy healthy smiles". This company lives by those words from the highest levels of management and ownership to the essential individual team members at the office level. Kool Smiles is a company that truly cares about its' own employees (doctors/staff) as much as it does its' customers (patients). There is so much attention and support for individuals who work there, as well as true growth and development opportunities for those who seek it. I can personally attest to the tremendous growth I've experienced myself as a leader and doctor since joining Kool Smiles over two years ago as an area dental director. I feel fortunate to be part of a special family that has a vision and has successfully realized their mission to help the underserved population in a quality manner which aligns with very well with my own. To me, this was an amazing opportunity and experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. Kool Smiles is a remarkable place for new doctors (and experienced ones also) to grow and develop their skills as practitioners and perhaps even create a rewarding career for themselves.

Cons

Days are busy and hours can be long as we fulfill our dream to create a world of happy healthy smiles with our mostly underserved population. However, it's a labor of love as the reward from the goodwill we create more than makes up for the hard work we put in. Our engaged teams find creative ways to make it fun too!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

One of the best company in dental industry

May 10, 2012 - Dentist in Odessa, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Safe place to be, every DA, Hygienist, Dentist licensed, best compliance program, quality assurance program performed by internal and external auditors, great benefits, we are the diagnostic and treating Doctors, great salary with bonus options

Cons

Kool Smiles provides one of the best places to work in industry, working Saturday for half a day might be considered one of the downsides to work for this company.

9. 5.0

Dentist

Oct 18, 2016 - State Dental Director in El Paso, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good teamwork & communication with partner doctor, office manager and assistants. - Autonomy in dentistry as a doctor. - Clear company policy in dentistry as well as office management. -Good training and continuous learning opportunity.

Cons

- have to accept specific insurance. - considerable workload. (in some part, can be good experience for the new dentists)

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Dental Assistant

Apr 25, 2016 - Dental Assistant in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Birthday parties, baby showers and cookouts are nice. Staff is more like family and the doctors treat you with respect

Cons

Low pay, little to no raises, favoritism, little growth opportunities because they give them to who they like vs who works hard. Employees aren't valued it seems they are more concerned with the numbers vs about how hard you work. Too many patients and not enough doctors and staff to accommodate them. Your performance is rated on the numbers of the whole office and reviews and not on your work ethics.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews