Knowledge First Financial Reviews

4.3
Knowledge First Financial President and CEO Carrie Russell
Carrie Russell
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Great learning curve and work environment(in 6 reviews)

• "Work from home is readily available; get out early on long weekends; fruit Mondays; employee celebrations(in 3 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Very good job"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

self-employed pays very well flexible hours career opportunities

Cons

There are no major downsides

November 17, 2020

We’re so glad you are having a positive experience! Thank you again for your commitment to helping Canadian families maximize their education savings through RESP specialists.

2. "Working in KFF"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company - friendly environment, flexibility of working from home

Cons

The salary is very low compare to the load of works

November 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate hearing your feedback regarding compensation and workload. We regularly benchmark our pay against the marketplace to ensure we remain competitive. In addition, we offer a variety of avenues for employees to express any concerns (including those around workload) and we encourage them all to speak to their managers, a member of the HR team, or through the anonymous channels the company offers.

3. "Good for first job. Bad for long term prospects."

2.0

I worked at Knowledge First Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues. Nice work environment. Fun place to work.

Cons

No long term prospects. They have a fixed budget for every department for very few full time employees. They hire based on that budget. One cannot get a full time permanent position until someone else leaves. One is stuck in a contract position. No proper forecasting. So they hire and fire at will without any proper planning then scramble at the last minute to meet the needs. Employees are not promoted based on skills but based on preferences and rapports with the top management.

Continue reading

November 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and the opportunity for us to address your concerns. You are correct, we do have a core team and at times we need to augment that team with contract help. You are also correct that there is no opportunity for full-time positions until we have turnover in that core team. The turnover of our full time positions is low, so the opportunities are limited. Our business does have seasonality which means that our requirements fluctuate up and down, and we have had some challenges in forecasting but we are working hard to improve. There is no doubt that we do on occasion lose good contract people that otherwise we wish we could retain. As far as your comment about individuals only being promoted based on their rapport with top management, we work hard to make sure that that is not the case. Rapport is certainly a key factor on whether an individual will be promoted but it is meaningless without the correct skill set. Thank you again for your feedback as it will help us improve, and we wish you continued success in your future endeavors.

4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - IT Analyst

I worked at Knowledge First Financial full-time

Pros

Work from home is allowed

Cons

i can not identify any at the moment

November 17, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience!

5. "Good company to work for"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Knowledge First Financial full-time

Pros

A small and easy going team

Cons

Not paid as per market

November 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate your candid feedback regarding compensation. We regularly benchmark our roles against the marketplace to ensure we offer competitive total compensation packages. We encourage all employees to express their concerns to their manager, through employee surveys, a member of the HR team, or through anonymous channels the company offers. If you didn’t have the opportunity to provide feedback before your departure, please send your contact info and we would be happy to send you a survey link.

6. "This company is good for starters"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial full-time

Pros

For new comers are this company helps a lot to teach the required skills

Cons

Extra work loads at time

November 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Like most businesses, we have a peak season during which our volumes go up. We truly appreciate the hard work that our Call Centre Representatives put in to ensure our customers receive great service. Thank you again for your commitment to helping Canadian families maximize their education savings.

7. "RESP Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial full-time

Pros

Great flexible career with a great mission!

Cons

100% Commission which could be a pro and con at times.

November 17, 2020

We’re so happy that you are having a positive experience! Your success in a commissioned-selling environment is supported by the branch leadership and a Head Office team that is equally committed to helping Canadian families maximize their education savings through RESP specialists.

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Knowledge First Financial full-time

Pros

It is a good company to start your career with. Salary and benefits good.

Cons

No room for growth even after your hard work. They will let you go doesn't matter how much you have given to them.

9. "Meaningful work, grow your own business with support and earn commissions and incentives reflective of your efforts."

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial

Pros

Work here if you want to be rewarded for your direct efforts and results. Work here if you are motivated by incentives to perform. Work here if you are creative, resourceful and can connect easily with people. Work here if you are smart and you like to be creative in a marketing kind of way. Work here if you want a career path to follow. Work here if you like psychology and people and advising. Work here if you are a believer in goal setting. Sales skills and fact finding skill set is an asset.

Cons

You have to manage your time well as your hours are your own. It takes effort and time to develop the new sales skill if you don’t have one to get results. You need to be patient and determined and have humility with clients to earn their trust and for you to get a result. You need the mindset that you need to invest in your own business first (time and money often) to get results. It requires consistency and persistence.

Continue reading

November 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Your observations on what it takes to be successful in a commissions based sales role are completely valid and correct. It takes work and dedication like any other role. Training is key to success in a commissioned-sales environment, and we will be sure to share your feedback with the management team.

"Workplace"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial full-time

Pros

Great work life balance good benefits

Cons

reliance on outdated systems and technologies

November 17, 2020

We appreciate hearing your feedback. We are constantly trying to improve all areas of the business, including our systems and technologies. Innovation is one of our organizational values, and we push all our employees to find ways to make us better. In doing this, we are moving away from outdated systems and technologies. Thank you for your feedback, and we will share it with the management team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 English Reviews