Klick Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.9
Klick CEO Leerom Segal
Leerom Segal
Pros
Cons
  • "When it gets busy, there is an expectation to work long hours(in 15 reviews)

• "terrible work/life balance and improper compensation or recognition for work and 3(in 11 reviews)

"A purpose-driven workplace"

Current Employee - N/A in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Klick full-time for less than a year

Pros

When you find out what it is that Klick does...you realize you are part of an organization that is truly contributing to a greater purpose than just making money. Great employee engagement, team camaraderie, collaborative work-spaces, flat hierarchy, great external speakers that are invited to come in, community philanthropy, supportive managers without ego's, transparent town halls, opportunities for professional... and personal development, our own internal twitter (chatter) where employees are acknowledged by their peers and managers, news about how we can support, contribute and partake in activities, learning events... and lastly tons of free food, pizza Wednesdays, ice-cream... free-snacks and tavern (free drinks when you support the cause of the month) on Fridays...

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this time

Advice to Management

We need to have more brand recognition outside of the creative space

Klick2019-09-30
  2. "Good Environment"

Current Employee - Brand Planning Strategist

I have been working at Klick full-time for more than a year

Pros

In all honesty I was not having a great time at Klick. I was on the same brand for 2 years and most of my original team had moved onto other work. The client had lots of changes to so I was literally the only consistent part of the brand team and I was starting to worry that I would never get off the brand...kind of trapped. So I talked to my partner at home about it and he suggested I actually just go to the craft... lead and say what's on my mind. I was pretty shocked...she admitted that she was worried about the same thing so we came to an agreement that I could transition over in a few months to another internal person that was looking for a change. Honestly, I was expecting a "hang in there" message but I was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't normally come on Glassdoor to write a review but it was a really satisfying moment.

Cons

can't think of anything right now.

Advice to Management

Very satisfied with management.

Klick2019-10-15
  3. "Senior project manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Klick full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer competitive Salary and wages

Cons

Long hours, without any gratitude or overtime pay

Klick2019-10-21

"Amazing culture and people, poor work/life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Klick full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Relatively good compensation - Amazing culture - Amazing people - Great perks

Cons

- Long days, night, weeks, months - Recognition for those efforts aren't always there

Klick2019-09-30

"Just another old boys club"

Former Employee - Applications Developer

I worked at Klick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since they are a marketing company they are good at marketing themselves as a good place to work. This means they do get some good employees.

Cons

There is no HR at Klick. The reason for this is that the old boys that run the company want to be able to fire people with no oversight. Which they can and will do often. Because there is no motivation for the leadership to be fair to their employees (they never have to worry about someone complaining to HR) they frequently throw the employees under the bus when something goes wrong. If you don't question the... leadership and things go wrong, they fire you. If you do question the leadership, they fire you.

Advice to Management

Maybe try talking to your employees rather than firing them? When things go wrong, consider the possibility that it may be due to a leadership problem. As difficult as it may be, consider the possibility that someone that you've worked with for a long time (that you may even be friends with) is making mistakes that are damaging to the company. If you always assume that the managers that are your friends are never... wrong, you are creating an old boys club culture, regardless of the culture you officially espouse.

Klick2019-10-02

"Highly recommended"

Current Employee - Strategist

I have been working at Klick full-time

Pros

I've been at Klick for a little over 6 months now. It was a really intense start with a really robust onboarding. They throw a lot at you at the beginning so you have to be ready to get going right from away (I didn't take any vacation between jobs). I got pulled into doing some work with their Labs team out of Toronto and loved it! I worked on prototyping some potential new products and worked with data scientist... to mine a ton of data to come up with new digital medicines for a client. As a strategist I'm mostly used to working on traditional brands but this was quite different. I worked with craft leads that are pretty unfamiliar to me which was also a lot to take in but that team in Toronto was wicked smart and really supportive. I haven't worked this hard in a while but it's been great.

Cons

The negative part is that I'm limited to meeting the folks that I'm on client work with and the people in my office. There are teams in a bunch of different cities so until we're on work together I don't get to meet people.

Advice to Management

none

Klick2019-08-24

"Happy"

Current Employee - Brand Strategy

I have been working at Klick full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Klick in the last year because my former boss moved as well. I cannot believe the senior talent that has been coming here since they opened the offices in New York. Klick had a reputation of being mostly digital but I lost a few pitches to them for AOR work and brand launches so I made the move. The NY team is stacked with talent and their still hiring like crazy.

Cons

I am still fairly new so no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

The culture is awesome and I'm really glad I made the move so hopefully this continues.

Klick2019-08-13

"Great if you're not in learning"

Former Employee - Senior Learning and Experience Designer

I worked at Klick full-time

Pros

Fun culture, nice office

Cons

Cut people without much concern for them, their work or their career

Advice to Management

Fun is lovely but treating people like people is better.

Klick2019-08-06

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Klick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Klick is a great place to work with a huge amount of growth over the past years. There are great benefits and a very engaged and smart teams. PMs have a lot of responsibility and work with the customized internal systems.

Cons

Titles are not aligned with other agencies and it takes some time to figure out the internal systems.

Klick2019-08-01

"Excellent"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Klick full-time for less than a year

Pros

Thriving company. Good for my professional development. Feeling overall very happy to be at Klick.

Cons

Heavy workload and long hours - I have been working late hours just to get work done, but it's been rewarding so far.

Advice to Management

None that I can think of right now.

Klick2019-07-10