Kit and Ace Employee Reviews about "kit and ace"

Updated Aug 15, 2019

3.2
Kit and Ace CEO   George Tsogas (no image)
George Tsogas
Pros
  • "There is a family feel here at Kit and Ace(in 13 reviews)

• "Company has a great people culture, they really take care of the employees(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many associate the old Kit and Ace with the(in 13 reviews)

• "When the shop was in need of more workers, Shop Director would go to the neighbouring Lululemon with cupcakes to try to "poach" the Educators there(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "kit and ace"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fun, Empowering, and Supportive Work Environment!"

Current Contractor - Shop Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Kit and Ace for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working with Kit and Ace for 2.5 years, and have had so many incredible opportunities to support my growth and development. I love that my voice is heard, and I am helping build this brand for our future. I feel valued by this company, and am acknowledged for my hard work, frequently and consistently. After all the transitions, I'm happy to say that the culture remains strong, and we are full of positive, determined team members who are all working towards a common goal. This company is filled with truly talented, and supportive people, and I'm inspired by our team often. This is a very exciting time to be a part of the company growth, and I'm inspired by opportunities coming in our future to support in building my career!

Cons

There have been a lot of transitions in the recent years, and through scaling back, people's roles are big and dynamic. However, this creates lots of opportunity for others', as they can develop beyond their current role. We also get associated with the "old" Kit and Ace, which can be challenging at times, but our recent success since the company changes highlights the grit we have.

2. "The New Kit and Ace"

4.0

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open and collaborative work environment where you are empowered to contribute to the business and your voice is heard. Great learning and growth environment , with the opportunity to wear many hats and expand your skill set. Great people , energy and awesome office views ;)

Cons

Still in the process of shedding "Old World " Kit and Ace identity which at times feels like an uphill battle. Lean team (great for learning ) however at times can feel a little overwhelming.

3. "Today's Kit and Ace"

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Being apart of company transition and seeing that evolution hit all departments. - Transitioning to a brand for the modern commuter and leaving luxury in our past. - Family like mentality with strong people and culture supports. - Healthy cross functional communication between retail and office - further building this family like culture. - You wear many hats (could be a con so some). A willingness to spread beyond what is outlined on your job description is encouraged and supported.

Cons

- Many associate the old Kit and Ace with the Kit and Ace of today. I personally consider the KA of today a completely different company.

4. "New Kit and Ace Est. 2018"

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Feedback- everyone from our educations to our Shop Directors, to our Leadership Team and our CEO George allows us to give direct feedback to them. It is welcomed and in some cases my direct feedback has impacted a decision that is being made. People- the people that I work with are fun and goal oriented. They want to achieve big things in their lives and take an interest in what my goals are too. It feels like I get to work with my friends. There is a family feel here at Kit and Ace. Empowerment: I am not micromanaged. I am given the opportunity to contribute to areas of the business that I am passionate about and my opinion is valued

Cons

Lean team. As we grow we will need to add more incredible people to our team so that we can get into the work we need to grow our brand and the business. Excited to have the consistency of a new owner who is passionate about our future so we can start to build a foundation that will continue to be built vs. building a foundation and then having another big company change that requires us to rebuild again (PAST KA)

5. "the New Kit and Ace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kit and Ace is a different business today, compared to what most people remember it as. We are now a Canadian based business (under new ownership) with a focus on technical apparel for the modern commuter. - The Head Office is filled with passionate people that love the brand. - It feels like a close-knit family. - The office environment is light and fun. - You get the opportunity to work cross-functionally and learn about all parts of the business

Cons

It's proving difficult get out from the shadow of the old world. People still think we are a luxury company owned and managed by the Wilson family.

6. "Great People & Culture"

Current Employee - Production Associate

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Have been working at Kit and Ace for almost 2 years, absolutely love working here. Company has a great people culture, they really take care of the employees. Senior management is always motivating team members to achieve personal and work goals. Definitely a great bunch of people to work, who feel like family.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

"Tons of money doesn't equal a successful business"

2.0
    Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I worked with at Kit and Ace are the most solid, kind, smart, and hard working people I've ever encountered. Kit and Ace did a great job hiring excellent people that suit the culture they were looking to create. It started out on fire and the buzz was real. Good benefits and competitive pay. Nice office and perks. Working here lead to greater opportunities elsewhere, and for that I am thankful.

Cons

The constant re-structures, mass firings created so much suspicion, distrust and unease that it brought morale so low that it didn't matter what management did to boost it. At the end of the day there was an overall lack of care and apathy towards the product and the brand as a whole by people inside the company and out. It never found the "integrity" it was trying to foster. Way too many changes and misguided decisions. Lots of hypothetical plans and very little action. They tried but everyone saw the impending failure of company, hence everyone jumping ship by the end. Pretty sad actually.

Continue reading

"The People Made the Company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time

Pros

The people I worked with at Kit and Ace are the most solid, kind, smart, and hard working people I've ever encountered. When things were up, they were there to celebrate, and when things were down, they were right there beside you to help you through.

Cons

There are constant re-structures, mass firings, and in season direction changes. If you find yourself emotionally attached to your work, this place will take you for a ride.

Continue reading
  9. "Internal Employment Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at Kit and Ace for almost two years. They have supported and helped my career and personal development. Landmark, igolu, monthly meditation sessions, yoga, boot camps, run club, sports teams. These are a few examples of how the culture is beginning to form and the company is feeling more like a community. Working for Kit and Ace is more than just another job, it's an opportunity to grow and develop as an individual.

Cons

Nothing! It's a start up that's finally learning what needs to be done in order to be a successful business.

"An extremely poorly run company"

1.0

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time

Pros

- Well located office - Snacks in the kitchen - 60% discount on clothes - Competitive pay and benefits

Cons

This company is extremely poorly run and managed. There are so many reasons that nobody who is even remotely qualified should consider working there, but let’s just name a few: - the entire purpose of the company is to make high-quality, comfortable, technical cashmere clothing. The issue is that the clothing is not at all high-quality; most of the clothing starts pilling after a few wears and some of the clothing loses its shape almost immediately after washing. Consequently, quite rightly very few people are willing to pay such outlandish prices for a poor product, meaning that sales targets are not even close to being met, sustainable growth is unlikely, etc. As if that’s not enough, there are sizing and colour issues as well. - If you were to take a job at Kit and Ace, judging by the past 12 months there is a very high chance that you would not be there in 12 months. Two high-profile mass layoffs in 2016 and scores of people have left voluntarily. Those layoffs were also seemingly political; Very few or no ex-Lululemon employees were laid off, even where their positions add little value and could easily be eliminated. Instead, a number of people who never worked at Lulu were laid off even though their positions did add value to the company. - Management and ownership does not seem to think anything through and nobody questions anything. For example, the company made the confounding decision to open up dozens of stores, only to then close many of them for not being profitable. The company also way overhired and then laid off many of those people a few months later. Of course, Mr. Wilson is welcome to waste his money in any way he sees fit, but it makes for an awful work environment. I highly recommend you do not take a job at this company unless you have absolutely no other option. The only reason this company exists is to prove a point and as a vanity project of Mr. Wilson’s. Even among the people that work there, it is increasingly starting to earn the reputation of a joke.

Found 22 reviews