Khoros Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Jan 4, 2020

3.3
Khoros CEO  Jack Blaha
Jack Blaha
Pros
  • "SocialFirst company wide meetings to the catered lunches 4 days a week in the Austin office(in 25 reviews)

• "Good (but diminishing) perks like free lunch(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Conference rooms in Austin are almost always booked solid, so often we have to use open areas for meetings or calls which can get loud and distracting(in 21 reviews)

• "Benefits are competitive but only lack is 401k matching(in 15 reviews)

"Great Company, Great Products, Great On-boarding, Great Management"

I have been working at Khoros full-time for less than a year

Pros

Products they have developed are top notch and very competitive with anyone in the industry. Positive work culture, very relaxed and comforting. Use brand new technology for everything. Working remote is an option for some employees. Support system are in place and on-boarding is well structured.

Cons

Some inefficiencies when it comes to approvals.

Advice to Management

Approval process for T&E needs to be more efficient.

Khoros2014-12-02
  2. "Great People, Some Challenges"

Former Employee - Professional Services

I worked at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has a great vision, and it's communicated well internally. Strong loyalty amongst team members, many who have been around a long time.

Cons

Challenges with merging technologies and companies (like everywhere). Could focus on being more customer centric and understanding users of the platform needs, but product team seems to be working to address this.

Khoros2019-11-08

"Very nice people with terrible leadership"

Former Employee - Strategist in Austin, TX

I worked at Khoros full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just about everyone working there is super nice and everyone seems to get along quite well. Nice offices well-stocked with food and drink, plus catered lunches 3 days a week.

Cons

Expect poor organization when entering any role above entry-level, including weeks of delays on getting you the systems access you need to do your job. Everyone around you is going to feel overworked, and asking for their help will likely come with long delays and inaccurate information. Sink or swim. If your management says they want to work with you to build a plan to fix some of those onboarding troubles, don't expect them to follow through. Company values are all talk. They express wanting to retain talent, even if that talent isn't in the best position at the moment, but there are no systems or practices in place to support that.

Advice to Management

Be legitimately honest with your employees, because misleading them only hurts the entire organization.

Khoros2020-01-04
  4. "Interview process was bad"

Current Employee - SDE2 in Bangalore

I have been working at Khoros full-time for less than a year

Pros

Office looks really nice, heard the benifits are good and employee friendly company

Cons

1. I was rejected in second round with a reason stating i dont have hands on experience in big data, where as in the interview i was asked questions related to data structure and algo and the interviewer was never bothered about asking how i am good with big data. 2. HR shouldnt call candidate just because they want to achieve there target of fulfilling the position.. If a person is not eligible for the position don't call him/her. 3. Panel was really happy with me but don't know what happened internally

Advice to Management

I know management usually won't do much.. but if you really want good employees start investigating and working on the cons everyone mentioned because not everything will be true.. you guys need to put some effort to find out what is wrong and right

Khoros2019-12-27
  5. "Talented folks, great benefits, a bit of instability in leadership"

Current Employee - Product Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at Khoros full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talented folks who care about the business and each other. Great benefits now with 401K matching and every other usual thing.

Cons

Lots of recent change in C-level. A bit of whiplash in product strategy due to some floundering after the merger.

Advice to Management

Keep a steady course and empower your people to act fast.

Khoros2019-12-11
  6. "Senior software engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Khoros full-time

Pros

Owesome place to work great work culture

Cons

Lot's of dependency on us team

Khoros2019-12-05
  7. "Solid Saas company"

Former Employee - Director in London, England

I worked at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good team - Structured approach - Good benefits - Good training opportunities

Cons

- Slow growth - Legacy product

Khoros2019-12-05
  8. "Good place to work but little to learn"

Current Employee - SDE1 in Bangalore

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee benefits are good. Pantry is good.

Cons

Lots of Favoritisim. Even though everyone worked hard for a project, only those who project themselves get promotion😒 and not based on talent or the work done. After the review from the employees is good, they want to reduce the number of WFH and introduced 9-5:30 compulsory working hours for the Engineering team.

Khoros2019-12-08

"Great ship is sinking fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Facilities and office environment is good (decent food for 4 days in a week, fully stuffed pantry, fun activities, health care programs, ontime paycheck etc) * Promotions are highly possible. There is a decent process for that with 360 reviews etc. Hiring low experienced people helps in career growth for the existing employees (sometimes this becomes too much).

Cons

* Frequent changes in the CXO. Almost every month you'll see someone leaving/fired/replacement/org-change. It does impact the people on the ground. * Recent CTO hiring is a joke. This is the only place where a person running a Business Development team of <10 members, can become as Chief Technology Officer to lead 200+ members in few weeks. CEO thinks Business Development and Software Development are same (because both has the word "development"?). * Teams in West Coast wants the control of all community scrum teams (control, literally). Anyone tries to do the best thing, because the scrum team owns it, SFO people will do everything at their disposal to make it fail. Lot of internal-politics. When time comes, they will start whisper only the bad things and don't speak a word of good things Bangalore. Let the teams to "Own" things, that's what ownership means. * Monolith codebase. Community leaders don't want to change it because they built it a decade ago and they are familiar with this. Probably because, if they change it, they will loose their knowledge/control and eventually loose their job. Job security plays better role than, what's the right thing to do. * Local engg head isn't reachable/helpful to the people on the ground. He will listen everything you say, acts like they will support you in every way he can. But finally throws them in dust bin and do what US wants to do. We hear that sometimes managers/directors also get cornered by the senior leadership.

Advice to Management

* Unfit leadership. Please google for "CTO Job Description" and check if your CTO meets any of these (this is what I found): "The CTO makes all executive decisions with regards to the technological interests of a company. They are responsible for outlining the company's technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company's business needs...". After this ask this question, "What's the company's technology vision?". * We want to learn from our managers/leaders/architects. But it's very hard to find such people in this company. Invest in the talented leaders to retain them and replace mediocre leaders.

Khoros2019-11-19

"We've turned the corner!"

Current Employee - RVP Sales in Bend, OR

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most innovative technology in the space. This industry is consolidating rapidly, and we are a consolidator. We have unstoppable momentum. It's true that many legacy workers did not have an appetite for fast-moving global domination through M&A. Current employees appreciate their past contributions, but we're ready to forge ahead. The new class of hires are true professionals ready to dominate. There are whispers of excitement in the Khoros hallways and confident "smirks" from new leadership and product. The competition should use every last breath they currently have to bad-speak Khoros. That window is closing.

Cons

The challenge of the merger was real, but we've turned that corner.

Advice to Management

Forge ahead unapologetically. The vision is spot on.

Khoros2019-11-08