Kerry Foods "kerry foods" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Kerry Foods Employee Reviews about "kerry foods"

Updated 19 Jul 2019

3.4
Kerry Foods CEO Duncan Everett
Duncan Everett
Pros
  • "With 22 years' service I can honestly say that I've never been bored working for Kerry Foods(in 10 reviews)

• "Good employee benefits and healthy work life balance(in 5 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "kerry foods"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Friendly team & doable job"

Current Contractor - Food Production Member in Charleville, Cork

I have been working at Kerry Foods for less than a year

Pros

I am working in Kerry foods, with their part time project - more than 24hrs shift work in a month. The team is friendly and I always have a good vibes. Supervisors are nice and approachable. All work are very do-able Good money and benefits - shifts bonus, canteen deductions, life assurance & pension as well

Cons

Since it's Part-time potentials for career development might not be seen, but not impossible Cold working environment since we are working with dairy Foods so just have to cover and warm up well when working there. Some lifting required, so knowledge of manual handling is a must

Kerry Foods2019-07-19

"Don’t accept that offer!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Attleborough, East of England, England

I worked at Kerry Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kerry foods are a large company that many other employers seem impressed you work for.

Cons

Don’t trust the senior managers. They were all bullies and would stab you in the back all the time. Brought in to improve things and no one liked change or being held accountable. Never been sworn at or called some disgusting things so much in a work place than I did here.

Advice to Management

You should lead by example, not swear and shout at people for how they act when you are the worst of them all.

Kerry Foods2018-09-19

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time

Pros

Faced pace environment & no two days are the same Great opportunity to get involved in projects outside of the day job Great initiatives such as We Are Kerry Foods Day & Special Olympics events create a great atmosphere in the office & shows they are a company that cares about their employees and communities

Cons

Too busy with the day job to get involved in volunteering opportunities Work/life balance isn't always great

Kerry Foods2018-08-01
  4. "Fantastic company to work for"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

The vision and values is embraced at all levels. Combined with this is the enthusiasm and desire for anyone who’s works at Kerry Foods to be innovative, inspiring, collaborative and engaging. In addition to this development is always at the core

Cons

Fast paced and changing environment, but this is led by experienced leaders who are extremely supportive amidst change and extend their knowledge to others

Kerry Foods2018-04-18
  5. "Amazing people and great development opportunities in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best thing about Kerry Foods is the people and the culture - whatever site, whatever role I have been in I have had the pleasure of working with some amazing people who genuinely care about each other. There is also a real passion to help people develop and provide great development opportunities. There are lots of examples of people who have moved roles within and outside of their function to grow and develop.... Finally the business is very entrepreneurial and people are given autonomy to make a difference - if you have a good idea, with clear rationale you will be encouraged to go and make it happen.

Cons

Due to the changing FMCG landscape and the dynamic environment, the business is very fast paced. This is not for everyone and can be a challenge but is also exciting and makes every day different.

Advice to Management

Continue to be visible and encourage the two way feedback - people like the fact there is no hierarchy and that the door is always open.

Kerry Foods2018-04-03
  6. "Empowered to deliver with great people"

Current Employee - Brand Marketing in London, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The culture of Kerry Foods is unique, we work hard but have great fun doing it. - The people in the business make you proud to say you work for Kerry Foods - At every level in Kerry Foods we are empowered to make plans and deliver for the business which is very motivating.

Cons

we work in the food industry so we need to build on our efforts to drive a food culture within the business

Kerry Foods2018-03-28
  7. "My home away from home"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

As the title suggests I feel comfortable in the Environment at Kerry foods, not only as a valued team member but as someone who mixes well with other peers in the team. This is a common theme throughout the business at all levels, no one wears a badge saying "I am the big boss, bow down before me!" you are treated as an equal and your advice is listened to and valued even if not always acted upon. Its easy to... engage with people within different functions and not always feel like you have to talk shop with everyone. Kerry Foods has an amazing culture and is extremely supportive not only on a business level but a personal level as well. The business also offers an excellent development structure across sites in function and across functions, this means even on small sites you have the choice to develop relatively quickly if you work hard.

Cons

Sometimes simple things are hard to achieve due to process, and at times certain functions can be set in their ways

Kerry Foods2018-03-22
  8. "Bags of autonomy / fast paced / opportunity to make a real difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burton, East Midlands, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working for Kerry Foods. The business never stands still and the pace and change means there is never a dull moment. You really get the feeling you have the opportunity to make a real difference within the business.

Cons

The pace and change means there is a lot to keep up with - sometimes a challenge as a part time worker. However with a strong team beside me, I feel my role is supported.

Advice to Management

None - lets keep innovating as we do!

Kerry Foods2018-03-19
  9. "Great place to work - fast paced and entrepreneurial!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egham, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kerry Foods is a great place to work! There is a really friendly and close knit culture, where you definitely feel part of the family from day one. The company gives tons of autonomy to it's staff. Kerry Foods is an entrepreneurial environment where you can really make a difference. Good employee benefits and healthy work life balance.

Cons

You must be willing to work hard and be comfortable with what can sometimes feel like an ambiguous environment.

Advice to Management

no change required!

Kerry Foods2018-03-05
  10. "Never a dull moment!"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time

Pros

With 22 years' service I can honestly say that I've never been bored working for Kerry Foods. I've worked with and continue to work with some amazing people who work hard to bring our Values to life every day. Great opportunities to develop across all our functions.

Cons

Always opportunities to improve and we're working on our wellbeing and community agenda this year to bring this more to life. We also need to work harder on engaging our critically important hourly paid teams in our manufacturing sites.

Kerry Foods2018-03-05