Keirton Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2020

4.7
Keirton CEO Jay Evans (no image)
Jay Evans
  1. "Understaffed, gone downhill, everyone on edge"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Keirton full-time

Pros

Most people are pretty nice. Family feeling. Benefits are good. Industry is booming so there is so much opportunity.

Cons

Major growing pains. No parking. Pay on the low side. Staff is low causing stress to be high. Turnover high due to the stress. ERP not well setup, adds extra complexity to simple processes.

February 2, 2020CEO

Thank you for your comments. It's great you find the people here nice, we are a lucky group! I appreciate your concerns regarding our growing pains. We do have limited parking and the area construction has made it more difficult. I can say that we now have parking for 95% of our team and parking on the street is still less than a minute walk to our doors. We have had some challenges hiring some key positions that have added some workload to some. I hope this has been corrected for you and you are no longer affected - otherwise, please let me know. As for the ERP, we have begun to roll out a plan to make changes to our current system. It will be great to hear your feedback once the changes are in place. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. Jay

2. "Overall Great place to work with a few setbacks"

4.0

I worked at Keirton full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Management does a good job at being transparent with quarterly town halls. - Fun work environment. - Growing industry which makes work interesting. - Owner is involved which is great to see. - Young, upbeat culture.

Cons

- Limited room for career growth in certain departments - Certain managers do not follow the "people are the most important part of the business" mantra which in turn effects employee moral.. - Certain managers lack positive reinforcement/show of appreciation.

February 4, 2020CEO

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is great you've had an overall good experience with us. It sounds like you are a very growth-oriented person - you are in the right place, we just need to find a better way to help your journey. While we don't always have immediate growth opportunities in every department, we often have something somewhere in the organization. We would love to see people try new things and learn new skills. We've had numerous people move between departments and they are able to add value in unexpected ways. I noticed you mentioned our personal development plans feel overlooked. I would agree with you, they can be overlooked at times when we go through busy periods. We have recently begun a plan to revive and rebrand a simplified version to better support you and your goals. As for your leader not showing the love. We feel that no one shows up to work with the intention of doing a poor job. We've had numerous people promoted and in some cases, we did not provide adequate leadership training. We now have a new system that is constantly evolving to ensure leaders get the training, coaching, and mentorship they need. If you still find you are not being recognized for your contribution, please contact me. Jay

3. "Summer 2018"

I have been working at Keirton full-time

Pros

Great emphasis on Values and Purpose. The company is very focused on a longer term strategy that benefits all stakeholders.

Cons

The core industry is very dynamic and requires people to be on the top of their game each and every day

February 17, 2020CEO

Helping people grow is very important to us, as you likely know. If at any time, you feel like the opportunity for personal growth is not there, please grab me to chat. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Jay

"Employers - Employees"

I worked at Keirton part-time

Pros

Keirton has been on the top of my list of any company I ever worked for or heard of. The relation between employees and employers are mutually respectful and absolutely positive. Because of this, I noticed that all employees work hard, not because they were told but because they want to. This should be a model for any company. Ultimately the culture is created by the management and the employees gladly participate. The result is something I have not yet experienced anywhere else. The company is efficient and extremely fast growing with a very happy team.

Cons

Everything can be improved at all times. It is hard to say what else can be improved when the output is many times above average. I don't this there is anything negative about the company.

February 17, 2020CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

"Awesome Company"

I have been working at Keirton full-time

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and they make you feel very welcome , you can feel completely comfortable in having to go to anyone for any questions you may have. The environment is very upbeat and energetic.

Cons

The bigger the company grows the more limited parking spaces have become.

February 17, 2020CEO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate it.

6. "Working at Keirton Inc."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Keirton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

fun environment, excellent employers, Clean, very successful, goal oriented

Cons

nothing bad to say about Keirton

February 2, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Jay

"Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Keirton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome team effort with a can do attitude, great culture and fun people, fast paced and quickly growing. A strong focus on personal and professional development shows that the company really cares about the people and their personal success.

Cons

We work hard with a positive attitude so slackers and negative people probably won't fit in.

May 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here with us!

"Supply Chain Assistant"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Assistant in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Keirton part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture. Everyone works as a team as we all believe a team effort is needed for the business to succeed. Everyone gets along and trusts one another and it feels like a family.

Cons

As we are growing rapidly, space is limited due to us growing out of our current location. Sometimes it is hard to focus just with everything going on. But an easy fix is just to put on some headphones.

May 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. When decisions are made at the top many factors come into play. One of them is the way it will impact all of our employees. We often have to make long term business decisions that could have negative implications in the short term. If you bear with us during our time of growth, I believe that our whole company will feel positive impact

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Keirton full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people - Keirton truly cares about the people that work here & in return the people care about each other and the company - The industry and work is exciting - there is continual growth and change - The company is successful - the products created are industry leaders and the people who work here are quality - It's a fun, comfortable, open environment

Cons

- Space is limited but that's part of a growing company. - Holiday time starts at 2 weeks

"Keirton"

5.0

I have been working at Keirton

Pros

Atmosphere is very caring. Company encourages both personal and professional growth. Great Pay.

Cons

Not use to having meetings/huddles on a regular basis. Can be a shock at first.

February 2, 2020

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yes, we do have regular team huddles that can be a shock to some at first. We really value open communication and we find the quick meetings enhance this. It also gives people a chance to connect live in person. The huddles are like brushing your teeth, you don't realize the value until you stop :) Thanks again for the feedback. Jay

Found 38 reviews