Cover image for Keirton

91% Recommend to a Friend
96% Approve of CEO

Found 63 of over 68 reviews

4.3
Keirton CEO Jay Evans (no image)
Jay Evans
Pros
  • "Company encourages both personal and professional growth(in 4 reviews)

• "Great diverse culture, intentionally set by the Core Values the company instills(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is growing faster than the people can keep up with(in 7 reviews)

• "Growing pains (company is growing FAST all across the board)(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great People

Feb. 14, 2022 - Design Engineer in Surrey, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment, fast paced new industry, employee growth strongly encouraged.

Cons

Ups and downs of the industry

1 person found this review helpful

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for sharing your experience!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Long term Keirton Employee

Oct. 1, 2022 - Purchasing in Surrey, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Keirton for 7 years and I really enjoyed my time there. Keirton has left a mark on me, I was truely inspired by many of the people there and the core values of the company. I watched the CEO come through some hard situations and grow as a person and reach his goals over and over again over the last 7 years. One of them is to be a top 100 employer in Canada, and I believe he will achieve it. The company focuses on growing and supporting their employees, there are advancement and education opportunities available. *On Sept 20th another review was posted from a purchaser at Keirton that I believe was false, as I am the only purchaser that has left the company in the last 10 months.

Cons

It can be extremely fast paced with heavy workloads. No cost of living wage increases

1 person found this review helpful

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

3. Join the Keirton team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Liked working here!

May 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate group of people Pay was fair market Value Flexible atmosphere Very Knowledgeable

Cons

RRSP matching takes a year before you get it

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for sharing your experience!

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Caring people and bosses, Development encouraged - Wrong time due to resources and retention

Feb. 14, 2022 - Office Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing HR team: fights to get what you need, cares about you as a person - CEO cares deeply about employee satisfaction, will sit down and talk to you 1on1 - Fun and interesting coworkers that generally vibed well together - Professional development programs and education encouraged for all - Generous benefits package and bonus opportunities available for every employee

Cons

- Not enough staff / enough resources (e.g. you will wear three people's hats if your role is picking up for others that are now gone or re-delegated, which was common across the company) - High growth growing pains, which is normal but the support was struggling due to the above comment - Room to grow professionally delayed due to lack of openings or resources

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place

Dec. 20, 2021 - Customer Success in Surrey, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Up and coming industry with a great culture

Cons

Sink or swim mentality and doesn’t give the time necessary to acclimate.

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for your feedback!

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

sales

Aug. 30, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

passionate and great people to work with

Cons

Leadership and 5 year forecast do not line up

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Jul. 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Great staff Great Culture Great Owner Fun place to work

Cons

Hired too people in one dept leaving other depts thin

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company which is currently in transition to a even better one

Jul. 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Benefits are good. - Most people are very nice, friendly and helpful. Some are even very energetic which can really boost morale. I love working with the people here. - Care about its employees in terms of their career growth and personal development. - The management system is great, allowing communications from top-level leadership to basic staff. - Changes can be made if there is a need and everyone's voice can be heard.

Cons

- There is an almost desperate need for professional/effective inventory control. It's a mess now that nobody wants to touch esp when it gets busy. - Stop throwing work over the fence and people need to be held accountable. - Meetings need to be more target-oriented. Less meaningless chat.

CEO

Thank you for your feedback. You are absolutely correct, our inventory control in our Canadian operations is a mess. We have started to take action to correct it and if you would like more info on this plan or would like to contribute, please reach out to me at any time. In regards to throwing things over the fence, again..... you are correct - our hand-offs are broken in some areas and this needs to be addressed. If you don't see an improvement in the next 4 months, please let me know. In regards to meetings, we do have a structure that allows you to voice your concern with meetings. I'd encourage you to give your meetings a low score and state why so they can be improved. I'd also encourage you to help drive the meetings to deliver what you need. #achievetogether. Thanks again for the thoughtful input.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Positive Culture

May 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have experienced some of the best personal and career growth during my time with Keirton. People work hard and the culture is by far the best and the people are amazing! Keirton is growing at a fast pace, and because of that, there are opportunities that might not immediately exist. The core values that drive this company really unite everyone to work together as a team to provide the best service we can externally and internally.

Cons

While Keirton grows, and no company is perfect, there are things that are progressing (updating business tech tools, adding office space/facility, formalizing SOP, etc) that come along with a fast-growing company. It's important to not get hung up on what's wrong, but to focus on what is happening that is right and the progress in actions (not just words) that support that.

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Keirton!

11. 5.0
      Current Employee

Structured & Positive

May 4, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in Surrey, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The energy throughout the building & company makes you want to come into work. The encouragement to strive to be better is so motivating & the tools you need to be better are available whenever requested.

Cons

The interview process is quite lengthy and thorough compared to other interviews I've had in the past. By the end of the process, I felt mentally & physically drained.

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Reviews
    </>Embed

Keirton Reviews FAQs

Keirton has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 68 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Keirton to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Keirton employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Keirton. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

91% of Keirton employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Keirton 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Keirton Job Seekers