91% would recommend to a friend
(66 total reviews)
96% approve of CEO
Found 66 of over 72 reviews
Updated Jul 12, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Up and coming industry with a great culture" (in 12 reviews)
- "People work hard and the culture is by far the best and the people are amazing!" (in 10 reviews)
- "Benefits are good." (in 5 reviews)
- "Everyone gets along and trusts one another and it feels like a family." (in 4 reviews)
- "Staff our friendly and welcoming." (in 4 reviews)
- 5.0Jan 28, 2023EngineerFormer Employee
The team of people was fantastic, and most really cared about doing their best. People are given freedom if they can show they are making a meaningful contribution. The focus on personal growth was a positive experience and allowed people the opportunity to improve and grow. The variety of projects was interesting and often new or innovative. Overall, I can say I certainly grew and learned a lot.
The fast pace meant projects would be rushed to market often causing issues down the road. The lack of systems early on eventually became a bottleneck of systems that were slow and caused frustration. Rapid changes in the industry caused significant changes quickly.Keirton Response9mo
Thank you for sharing your experience!
- 4.0Jul 12, 2023Graphic Designer/Web DeveloperFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSurrey, BC
- Superb Culture - Talented Staff - Keirton invests in your professional development
- Company grew too fast - Big ideas but no budget to execute
- 4.0Oct 1, 2022PurchasingFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSurrey, BC
I worked at Keirton for 7 years and I really enjoyed my time there. Keirton has left a mark on me, I was truely inspired by many of the people there and the core values of the company. I watched the CEO come through some hard situations and grow as a person and reach his goals over and over again over the last 7 years. One of them is to be a top 100 employer in Canada, and I believe he will achieve it. The company focuses on growing and supporting their employees, there are advancement and education opportunities available. *On Sept 20th another review was posted from a purchaser at Keirton that I believe was false, as I am the only purchaser that has left the company in the last 10 months.
It can be extremely fast paced with heavy workloads. No cost of living wage increases1Keirton Response2y
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
- 5.0Jan 1, 2023PackagingFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSurrey, BC
The staff there are amazing and very welcoming.
I don’t have any cons at this time.Keirton Response9mo
Thank you for your review!
- 4.0Feb 14, 2022Office CoordinatorFormer Employee
- Amazing HR team: fights to get what you need, cares about you as a person - CEO cares deeply about employee satisfaction, will sit down and talk to you 1on1 - Fun and interesting coworkers that generally vibed well together - Professional development programs and education encouraged for all - Generous benefits package and bonus opportunities available for every employee
- Not enough staff / enough resources (e.g. you will wear three people's hats if your role is picking up for others that are now gone or re-delegated, which was common across the company) - High growth growing pains, which is normal but the support was struggling due to the above comment - Room to grow professionally delayed due to lack of openings or resourcesKeirton Response2y
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!
- 4.0May 5, 2021AnonymousCurrent Employee
Keirton's culture is by far the best, the people here are so amazing! Everyone brings their own unique skillsets to the table. Keeping in mind Keirton does have quite a thorough hiring process but for good reason. They truly are looking for the best, people who can grow with the company and not just a resume. Opportunities are given here it's just a matter of what you want to do with it and if you are unsure that's okay too they want to help you set yourself up for success. There is always someone you can talk to whether that be a co-worker, manager or even the CEO. If you don't voice what you need you can't expect them to read your mind at all times so don't be afraid to speak up!
The company is forever growing with that comes a lot of change. Keirton has it's ups and down's and that's normal with any growing company. You yourself need to come in with the never, ever, ever give up attitude. Your mental capacity will be challenged and pushed and for some this will be a deal breaker.Keirton Response3y
Thank you for sharing your opinion!
- 4.0May 26, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Passionate group of people Pay was fair market Value Flexible atmosphere Very Knowledgeable
RRSP matching takes a year before you get itKeirton Response2y
Thank you for sharing your experience!
- 4.0Jul 12, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSurrey, BC
- Benefits are good. - Most people are very nice, friendly and helpful. Some are even very energetic which can really boost morale. I love working with the people here. - Care about its employees in terms of their career growth and personal development. - The management system is great, allowing communications from top-level leadership to basic staff. - Changes can be made if there is a need and everyone's voice can be heard.
- There is an almost desperate need for professional/effective inventory control. It's a mess now that nobody wants to touch esp when it gets busy. - Stop throwing work over the fence and people need to be held accountable. - Meetings need to be more target-oriented. Less meaningless chat.Keirton Response3y
Thank you for your feedback. You are absolutely correct, our inventory control in our Canadian operations is a mess. We have started to take action to correct it and if you would like more info on this plan or would like to contribute, please reach out to me at any time. In regards to throwing things over the fence, again..... you are correct - our hand-offs are broken in some areas and this needs to be addressed. If you don't see an improvement in the next 4 months, please let me know. In regards to meetings, we do have a structure that allows you to voice your concern with meetings. I'd encourage you to give your meetings a low score and state why so they can be improved. I'd also encourage you to help drive the meetings to deliver what you need. #achievetogether. Thanks again for the thoughtful input.
- 4.0May 31, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSurrey, BC
I have experienced some of the best personal and career growth during my time with Keirton. People work hard and the culture is by far the best and the people are amazing! Keirton is growing at a fast pace, and because of that, there are opportunities that might not immediately exist. The core values that drive this company really unite everyone to work together as a team to provide the best service we can externally and internally.
While Keirton grows, and no company is perfect, there are things that are progressing (updating business tech tools, adding office space/facility, formalizing SOP, etc) that come along with a fast-growing company. It's important to not get hung up on what's wrong, but to focus on what is happening that is right and the progress in actions (not just words) that support that.Keirton Response3y
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Keirton!
- 5.0Feb 14, 2022Design EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSurrey, BC
Flexible work environment, fast paced new industry, employee growth strongly encouraged.
Ups and downs of the industry1Keirton Response2y
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Keirton Reviews FAQs
Keirton has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 72 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Keirton to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
91% of Keirton employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Keirton 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.