Keirton Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2021

Found 52 of over 55 reviews

4.4
Keirton CEO Jay Evans (no image)
Jay Evans
  1. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Great staff Great Culture Great Owner Fun place to work

Cons

Hired too people in one dept leaving other depts thin

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company which is currently in transition to a even better one

Jul 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Benefits are good. - Most people are very nice, friendly and helpful. Some are even very energetic which can really boost morale. I love working with the people here. - Care about its employees in terms of their career growth and personal development. - The management system is great, allowing communications from top-level leadership to basic staff. - Changes can be made if there is a need and everyone's voice can be heard.

Cons

- There is an almost desperate need for professional/effective inventory control. It's a mess now that nobody wants to touch esp when it gets busy. - Stop throwing work over the fence and people need to be held accountable. - Meetings need to be more target-oriented. Less meaningless chat.

CEO

Thank you for your feedback. You are absolutely correct, our inventory control in our Canadian operations is a mess. We have started to take action to correct it and if you would like more info on this plan or would like to contribute, please reach out to me at any time. In regards to throwing things over the fence, again..... you are correct - our hand-offs are broken in some areas and this needs to be addressed. If you don't see an improvement in the next 4 months, please let me know. In regards to meetings, we do have a structure that allows you to voice your concern with meetings. I'd encourage you to give your meetings a low score and state why so they can be improved. I'd also encourage you to help drive the meetings to deliver what you need. #achievetogether. Thanks again for the thoughtful input.

3. 4.0

It's the Culture for me

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Keirton's culture is by far the best, the people here are so amazing! Everyone brings their own unique skillsets to the table. Keeping in mind Keirton does have quite a thorough hiring process but for good reason. They truly are looking for the best, people who can grow with the company and not just a resume. Opportunities are given here it's just a matter of what you want to do with it and if you are unsure that's okay too they want to help you set yourself up for success. There is always someone you can talk to whether that be a co-worker, manager or even the CEO. If you don't voice what you need you can't expect them to read your mind at all times so don't be afraid to speak up!

Cons

The company is forever growing with that comes a lot of change. Keirton has it's ups and down's and that's normal with any growing company. You yourself need to come in with the never, ever, ever give up attitude. Your mental capacity will be challenged and pushed and for some this will be a deal breaker.

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for sharing your opinion!

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Positive Culture

May 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have experienced some of the best personal and career growth during my time with Keirton. People work hard and the culture is by far the best and the people are amazing! Keirton is growing at a fast pace, and because of that, there are opportunities that might not immediately exist. The core values that drive this company really unite everyone to work together as a team to provide the best service we can externally and internally.

Cons

While Keirton grows, and no company is perfect, there are things that are progressing (updating business tech tools, adding office space/facility, formalizing SOP, etc) that come along with a fast-growing company. It's important to not get hung up on what's wrong, but to focus on what is happening that is right and the progress in actions (not just words) that support that.

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Keirton!

5. 5.0

Lovely People That Care - But Expect Consistent Overtime

Apr 20, 2021 - General
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people: there's a reason hiring selection is picky - The fun perks: Occasional Friday Beer Socials, team events like axe-throwing, go-karting, ziplining (to name just a few) and opportunities for bonuses - Training: course taking and career development are highly encouraged - The CEO: present and will check in on employee's mental health

Cons

- Overtime, overtime, overtime. Leadership team acknowledges people's capacity but companywide some have a tough work/life balance - Growing pains (company is growing FAST all across the board) - Parking at both offices minimal- be prepared!

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for your feedback!

6. 5.0

Structured & Positive

May 4, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in Surrey, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The energy throughout the building & company makes you want to come into work. The encouragement to strive to be better is so motivating & the tools you need to be better are available whenever requested.

Cons

The interview process is quite lengthy and thorough compared to other interviews I've had in the past. By the end of the process, I felt mentally & physically drained.

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

7. 1.0

Not for me

Mar 26, 2021 - Video Editor in Surrey, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- People are nice - Room to grow

Cons

I was only here for 3 months and I resigned by myself, I think I might have been a bit burnt out at the end. If you haven't worked in the cannabis industry before, it might be a bit of a difficult adjustment. I resigned due to a combination of things. I have never resigned from a position before because I've seen potential in the roles that I've applied for, but this one was just not for me. - Interviewing process took 3 months + a video editing test - Overtime is expected and encouraged by management. Something that worried me was hearing from co-workers that they can't sleep at night because all they think about is work and they can't get a break. I've had bad cases of burning out before due to a high work ethic, I wanted to take a step back and not let that happen again. The company posts mental health facebook workplace posts, but there's a difference in saying something and leading by example. People in management usually say they'll work on something during the weekend and then you feel like you should be working overtime too. An HR representative told me that "they're used to it because they'd been working there for many years" but that's not healthy or good? People have lives outside of work too. - Company structure a bit of a mess, file organization is non-existent, it's everywhere and not in one place. They use so many different platforms it's difficult to find information or documents that are properly updated. - Brand is inconsistent - They use an "EOS" system, which makes you set goals for 90 days. At first, it makes sense because it seems structured, but they don't tell you that in-between the "rocks" (goals) you will be working on millions of other projects - which can be very stressful and lead to less time being creative in the role or actually giving you time to finish the projects themselves. If you finish all your goals within the quarter, I believe there is a monetary bonus to this, but it feels a bit difficult being able to finish all of them. Sometimes you won't be able to finish certain goals because you depend on someone else to hand something in, which delays your own process. - I wish there had been more time appointed for the creative process in certain projects. There are so many projects to do all the time and the expected standard is very high. The pace of the projects is high. - Marketing team gets sent inspiration videos by high profile companies like Nike and Tesla frequently. I understand it's good to get inspiration from higher places, but those are 500 million dollar marketing teams and the team's resources are small here. You have a lot of pressure on your shoulders, at least I felt that way. I felt like I was constantly letting myself down all the time because I wasn't reaching that level. A lot of the creative stuff I worked on got shot down frequently and it can get a bit demotivating at times, especially when they're a bit unsure of what they want creatively. The branding direction isn't quite there yet. Help me help you. I feel like I was setting myself up for failure a lot. - The cannabis industry is a bit of a tough adjustment if you've never worked with it before. I had a hard time relating to the industry as a whole. - Working from home is only available during COVID, after that the role will be in-house in Surrey. Wish working from home in the future was an option. I feel bad because most people there are nice and mean well, I don't want to be negative but the role wasn't quite what it was advertised to be. I went in feeling very positive about the role, but the longer I stayed the more I just felt that it wasn't for me.

3 people found this review helpful

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for your feedback. We are sad to see you go, we know how deeply talented you are. We knew the file structure isn't perfect as we were going through a transition in servers. Our team appreciated your drive and never give up attitude but on numerous occasions asked that you not work past office hours to avoid burnout. I only wish we could have solved that with you sooner as we had big dreams and goals that you were an integral part of. Good luck on your future path and keep in touch!

8. 5.0

Finally found the BEST workplace I have ever worked at

May 6, 2020 - Web/Graphic Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

This review has been long overdue and nothing has changed with my experience with Keirton. I have been an employee of the company for about 8 months and it's been a privilege to be part of not only this growing industry but what I would consider as the BEST company out there competing in this industry. The company values each employee and their personal growth. Throughout my various experiences working for many business owners, Jay hands down is the best CEO I have worked for. A lot of it comes down to his insight, knowledge, belief, transparency and confidence with his employees. What I truly value the most about Keirton is the people that make out what the company is all about. It's very easy to get caught up with day-to-day tasks working at Keirton and you can easily lose time and opportunity to interact with people. To help build a cross-department relationship, the company creates social events such as Beer Fridays, casual outdoor events like Snowboarding, BBQ, Exit Room and etc. It is fun and challenging to work at Keirton... and that's fine! That means the company is doing things right.

Cons

The pain that comes with the path of growing rapidly, it can be difficult at times to not feel stressed and burnt out.

1 person found this review helpful

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for supporting us while we continue to grow.

9. 5.0

Great Culture and People

Dec 22, 2020 - Director of Sales, North America in Burnaby, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, all team members have passion for what they do, and the market is fun and exciting to work in.

Cons

The interview process is quite thorough. The idea is to make sure the company is finding the best fit, but it does impact the amount of time and activity between the first interview and final decision.

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our interviewing process is indeed very thorough and all the team members involved in the hiring process are ensuring that our new colleagues are a great fit for our company and are able to succeed in our very fast-paced environment.

10. 4.0

Keirton

Feb 15, 2021 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Most people are friendly and genuinely willing to help -Good atmosphere -Lots to learn and plenty of room to grow -Everyone pulls their weight

Cons

-Too many hoops to jump through internally -Information is somewhat compartmentalized -Software environment is flimsy -The fast paced environment may be stressful

People & Culture Leader

Thank you for your feedback! We're currently working across the company to simplify our processes, and we rely on our team to provide input on the areas that need improvement.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Reviews