Keirton Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2020

4.7
Keirton CEO Jay Evans (no image)
Jay Evans
  1. Featured Review

"Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Quality Manager

I have been working at Keirton full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Keirton strives to help people grow, customers and employees alike. The company is willing to provide opportunities for further development, including internal or external training, cross training, and new responsibility/accountability. Company is heavy on goal setting. Once a quarter, employees does goal setting that contribute to the overall company goals. These are tied to quarterly bonuses. - Colleagues are great to work with. People are open and honest. It's a collaborative atmosphere. There are BBQs, beer Fridays, catered lunches, etc throughout the year to build that comradery between colleagues. - Management listens to people want. After events or activities, there are feedback surveys done. Mental health is taken seriously and there are mental health initiatives. - Team morning huddles, Friday company wide huddles, Team meetings, one on ones are ways to ensure transparency in delivering information, goals and initiatives. - Environment is fast paced and everyday is something different. - Management recognizes deficiencies and make changes to correct them. However, these take time and can't be fixed overnight.

Cons

- Limited office space. Lack of proper desk in certain areas and tough to book meeting spaces especially for conference calls. - Parking spots are limited. They're on a first come first serve basis so if you come in late or go out during the day, you may lose your parking spot. If the road is undergoing some work or there's no parking allowed, nearest parking spots are a bit of a walk, especially in poor weather. - Revisit the employee compensation package as the whole quarterly bonus shouldn't be fully tied to the goal setting structure. It's very discouraging and demotivating when employees are unable to hit goals due to circumstances beyond their control. - Lack of structure and clear processes. There is lack of clarity as to who does what in the process or what is the process. - The company is growing faster than the people can keep up with. Depending on the position, the capacities are maxes and distribution of workload to other maxed capacity staff doesn't make the situation better. Although I've pointed out a number of cons, there are changes being made to fix the situation. As mentioned above, management recognizes the issues and are have plans in place to fix them. Rome wasn't built in a day.

June 30, 2020People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're currently hiring for various positions in the company and we are hoping that once we get new people on board, the workload will become more manageable. With regard to the quarterly goals, I would be happy to offer you guidance on how to create your SMART Rocks to avoid including elements that are outside of your control.

2. "Finally found the BEST workplace I have ever worked at"

Current Employee - Web/Graphic Designer

I have been working at Keirton full-time for less than a year

Pros

This review has been long overdue and nothing has changed with my experience with Keirton. I have been an employee of the company for about 8 months and it's been a privilege to be part of not only this growing industry but what I would consider as the BEST company out there competing in this industry. The company values each employee and their personal growth. Throughout my various experiences working for many business owners, Jay hands down is the best CEO I have worked for. A lot of it comes down to his insight, knowledge, belief, transparency and confidence with his employees. What I truly value the most about Keirton is the people that make out what the company is all about. It's very easy to get caught up with day-to-day tasks working at Keirton and you can easily lose time and opportunity to interact with people. To help build a cross-department relationship, the company creates social events such as Beer Fridays, casual outdoor events like Snowboarding, BBQ, Exit Room and etc. It is fun and challenging to work at Keirton... and that's fine! That means the company is doing things right.

Cons

The pain that comes with the path of growing rapidly, it can be difficult at times to not feel stressed and burnt out.

July 7, 2020People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for supporting us while we continue to grow.

3. "Keirton"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

I worked at Keirton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership encourages both personal and professional development and growth.

Cons

Can get stressful during busy season. However company plans frequent social events and activities to help with stress ie yoga sessions, beer Fridays, themed lunches.

June 30, 2020People & Culture Leader

Thank you for your feedback!

4. "Keirton is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Keirton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good opportunities for growth Fast paced environment Great people and culture Innovative

Cons

Experiencing growing pains from rapid growth

February 17, 2020CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. And thank you for helping us through our growing pains. We appreciate the feedback and support.

5. "Rapidly growing business with an eye to find solid people"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Keirton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Business is actively looking to find the best people to help improve. People are treated well; respected at all levels; given the necessary resources to succeed.

Cons

Space is tight both for warehouse and office in Surrey;

Continue reading
  6. "Best Company I have worked for in years"

Current Employee - Vice President, Marketing in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Keirton full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a long-time consultant I have worked alongside a large amount of companies. From massive corporations to small startups, I was able to get an inside look as to how they ran their business, interfaced with vendors and treated their employees. Very early in my career I had one stop with small start up that was only 5 people deep. It was the great mix of driven people that truly cared about the work that was done but also cared about each other personally. This small but nimble group had always set the standard for how I view all companies. Since joining Keirton 9 months ago, I can say that a new standard has been set. For an office of this size, it is impressive to feel how everyone is driving in the same direction. From morning huddles, to quarterly townhalls management is very transparent with goals and initiatives. Internal growth is welcome, staff is offered training opportunities and bonuses are tied to specific work deliverables. From a culture standpoint, there are BBQs, beer Fridays, an in-office gym and company excursions. The biggest one for me though is having a leader in the CEO Jay Evans. He has such a vision of the industry and does well to not only facilitate greatness but also cares about his people and drives our Mental Health initiatives in office. When a leader shows both care in the business but in his people as well it is hard to not be inspired. Since joining, I have recommended Keirton to many of my network. It truly is a great place to work.

Cons

Office space is tight but when you are a company that is growing as fast as ours it is to be expected. Parking spots fill up quick but there is always plenty of free street parking. Employee benefits packages need to be revisited. Living in Vancouver, the commute to Surrey isn't ideal, but considering it is counter traffic it is only a 25 min drive and given the makeup of the team, it is fully worth it.

7. "Great People, great Environment"

Current Employee - Purchaser in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Keirton full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Keirton hiring staff pays close attention to ensure candidates are good fit for the company culture. This results in a very high level of trust, integrity & alignment of all staff in the companies core values. This company doesn't just talk the talk, they walk the walk; from top to bottom and side-to-side, everyone strives to make this company and work environment the best it can be. I like the flexible hours, the bonuses paid for exceptional results, the improved benefits, and the fun events; not to mention we make very cool products.

Cons

As a positive person, every down-side has it's upside. Keirton does a good job at recognizing what needs to be improved. We are going through the growing pains that every fast moving successful company goes through which is needing to re-vamp the systems that are no longer support sufficient growth, hiring new staff to help keep up with crazy off-the-charts sales, and expanding the physical space to be able to handle the growth. This all takes extra effort, so if you are up to the challenge of a fast-paced environment & improving as you go, the benefits will be there.

Continue reading
  8. "Long-term employee for a reason"

Current Employee - Office Manager, EA

I have been working at Keirton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been at Keirton for over 9 years, working my way up to new roles the entire way. There are many opportunities to grow with-in the company, and especially so right now. Great diverse culture, intentionally set by the Core Values the company instills. Many benefits offered including contributions to savings, further education and training for professional development, employee incentives, socials and celebrations.

Cons

None other than lack of office, shop and parking space; all of which will soon be no problem.

9. "Helping People Grow is what they believe in"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Keirton full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Opportunity for growth -They are big on people & culture -Happy environment to work in -profit sharing -Great Benefits -Everyone is so friendly and works together -flexible hours

Cons

- Parking can be limited - Space in the Surrey warehouse/office is starting to get tight (need more room) with the growing of employees

June 11, 2020People & Culture Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Once the new building in Surrey will be ready, we'll solve our space-related issues.

10. "Understaffed, gone downhill, everyone on edge"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Keirton full-time

Pros

Most people are pretty nice. Family feeling. Benefits are good. Industry is booming so there is so much opportunity.

Cons

Major growing pains. No parking. Pay on the low side. Staff is low causing stress to be high. Turnover high due to the stress. ERP not well setup, adds extra complexity to simple processes.

February 2, 2020CEO

Thank you for your comments. It's great you find the people here nice, we are a lucky group! I appreciate your concerns regarding our growing pains. We do have limited parking and the area construction has made it more difficult. I can say that we now have parking for 95% of our team and parking on the street is still less than a minute walk to our doors. We have had some challenges hiring some key positions that have added some workload to some. I hope this has been corrected for you and you are no longer affected - otherwise, please let me know. As for the ERP, we have begun to roll out a plan to make changes to our current system. It will be great to hear your feedback once the changes are in place. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. Jay

Found 37 reviews