Kahuna Sales Reviews

0 Rating

"Couldn't be happier"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Kahuna full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic management team. Fun environment that allows creative freedom and flexibility. Great product and a forward-thinking, world-class engineering team. Weekly all-hands meetings with dinner and happy hour is a plus to keep everyone informed on what is happening within the organization. This is truly a "rocket ship."

Cons

This is a startup, so you're bound to uncover areas where things can improve (i.e. allocated resources, process, etc.) yet the growth of each team has shown that these things will be patched up.

"Newbie at Kahuna"

Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Kahuna full-time

Pros

A collaborative and inspiring environment to be a part of. Excellent management and leadership with true transparency and a clear vision. Best interview process I have ever experienced.

Cons

Parking downtown is a little challenging, but the short walk is refreshing.

Continue reading

"Come here ready to work hard and run fast."

I have been working at Kahuna full-time for less than a year

Pros

We have an amazing product, with proven results. It is inspiring to come to work everyday and hear customer stories or industry thought leaders speak highly of Kahuna. There is constant validation for what we are doing and in turn, everyone is working very hard. All of the people. It's a great feeling to walk into a room and know that you can learn something from every single person. The people are smart, driven, and welcoming. There is a great sense of community here and everyone believes in what we are doing. Adam (CEO) is awesome. He is doing a great job from everything I can see and also brings a great energy to the office. This morning, it was a little quiet in the office but when he walked in, it was suddenly abuzz.

Cons

As far as the company goes, there really aren't many. Like any startup, we are getting organized and figuring some stuff out as we go, but constantly improving. The commute is a little rough, but worth it.

June 3, 2015CEO

Thanks for your review and for highlighting the validation from our customers. I am happy that we’ve built a company where you feel as though you are surrounded by mentors and by fellow learners. It is a great feeling - no doubt!

"so far all good"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Kahuna full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very strong pedigree & grade A experience across the team, take a look @ linkedin - Strong managers and senior management - cutting edge product. deals being done. - Genuine culture, 'as advertised'

Cons

- must be comfortable with and have no illusions about what its like to work @ a startup.

June 3, 2015CEO

Thanks for your review and for highlighting our management team. I think we’ve assembled an all-star cast, and they are executing on all levels. I’m glad that you feel as though the culture you experienced through our interview process has materialized as a true picture of what it’s like to be a part of the team.

"Incredible opportunity for career growth"

I have been working at Kahuna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's palpable enthusiasm and confidence across the company that kind of feels like electricity when you step in the door. I owe the wealth of work experiences and achievements from my last few years to that contagious energy. Running a mile a minute to accomplish tasks internally, we are also interfacing with the world's largest companies who consider us world experts in mobile. Feels like we are in Energizer Bunny mode - pushing towards something legendary as fast as we can. A good deal of that energy originates from our CEO Adam. Expect to get chills when he speaks at company meeting. The team is full of smart, driven people. What I think is rare is that people are more offbeat and opinionated than most offices. We've got an eclectic set of world experts in jokes, walking hand stands, West Coast hip-hop and political science to name a few. Experienced leadership. Having executives with proven track records and relevant experiences in their areas makes me feel a lot more comfortable on this startup journey. A culture of honesty that comes from the team directly. Kahuna has attracted a lot of people dedicated to candor and directness. Luckily, most employees are interested and intuitive enough to care about how others feel. The leadership team I've seen join Kahuna are both direct and compassionate. Big company decisions are previewed with the full company. Having spent time at Google previously, I also really appreciate that the engineering and business teams are not completely siloed! On any given day you can find 4 or 5 co-workers across different department in the "Bowflex Room" (you'll have to see it to believe it) or the Ping Pong Den hanging out.

Cons

Hours: Like all startups - we work harder than most and longer than most. It's not a big con when you love what you're doing - but if there's no passion for the role, it could be grueling. I started as a new grad, so there was a period of transition from school schedule to work schedule Health: Kahuna actually cares about this, so if you make it a priority - its completely respected. With that said, taking care of physical health and general wellbeing requires greater effort. It's good that we have a mix of Crossfitters, runners, acro-yogis and serious meditation practitioners on the team as a reminder it's possible to maintain commitments. Just not as easy as it would be at a 9-5. :) Commute from SF: It's Caltrain. Not fun for anyone, but not horrible either. One visceral benefit of it is that we don't attract SF people who just want to work at Kahuna for the ease of transportation. Most of the sales team commutes which makes it possible to schedule carpools as well.

June 3, 2015CEO

We do have a great energy that’s immediately palpable when you walk in the door, right?! Thank you for your comments about our experienced leadership team and about our culture of honesty. It is pretty great. And know that we have heard you on the wellness subject and are proud of the wellness activities that we’ve put together for the month of June to highlight this priority. Help us continue to make this a priority for all of us at Kahuna.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews