Kahuna Reviews

Kahuna CEO Sameer Patel
Sameer Patel
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Poised to change the marketing landscape...again!

Jul 20, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a real buzz throughout the entire company. Product is focused and leading the charge into really cool areas. Engineering has built up impressive momentum and continues to gain more. Customer Success delights new and current customers alike with their expertise. Sales is energized with more and more wins. There have been tough times but I feel they are behind us.

Cons

CEO search is not done yet, but I feel that when we find the right CEO the last piece of the puzzle will be in place.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Kahuna is the ultimate platform for fulfillment.

Mar 1, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest benefit of working at Kahuna is the opportunity to surround yourself with some of the most amazing people in the world. They are smart, hardworking, intellectually honest, quirky, compassionate, driven, and constantly inspire me to new heights.

Cons

I really had to think long and hard to fill this one out... If you're not into trailblazing your own way, this might not be the spot for you. We run fast and adapt our process on the fly. To keep up you need to think quickly, work hard, and be scrappy.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the advice. We certainly prioritize our people. Even as an early stage start-up we do our best to ensure that our people have a great experience here. Thanks for helping us in continuing to build that culture.

3. 4.0

Dynamic Startup

Jul 18, 2016 - Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

After some needed leadership changes, we are on a strong path with a solid commitment to continuing our strength as a player in the martech space. With a renewed sense of purpose, and an amazing product and engineering team we are building something really powerful! I am so glad to be a part of this company at this time. Yeah, we're a start-up so change happens but its all been good!

Cons

Sometimes the commute sucks to get here but its a central location for most of the bay area so I suck it up and deal with it, tons of flexibility to come whatever time you have to get here though, so thats a pro and a con.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Interview, Offer, Onboard, GO!

Oct 14, 2015 - Executive Assistant in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kahuna moves fast! No sooner than I submitted my resume for the open EA position, I was contacted by Zack in recruiting and had an awesome conversation. Within a week, I interviewed with the hiring executives--two of the best interviews in my career--I was able to relax and be myself as they were down-to-earth and have great sense of humor. It turned out to be a great match and within a few days, I received a great offer! Here I am, Day 3 on the job and hit the ground running. The entire staff, including our CEO Adam, have shown me a very warm welcome. I am extremely excited to be here!

Cons

I have not found a downside yet!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A collaborative team that hustles every day to delight customers

Nov 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

We are privileged to offer very differentiated software in a huge market that's looking for modern alternatives. The team is an incredibly passionate and self-less bunch that lives by our company values every day We leave our titles at home and jump in to help on anything. Our leaders know how to get out of the way and let smart people be everything that they can be. Our location - we're 50 seconds from Caltrain, in downtown Redwood City.

Cons

We don't take ourselves too seriously - we keep listening to our customers and we adjust quickly. As is the case with any promising start-up looking to do big things, you have to have a stomach for constant improvement and refinement.

CEO

Thanks for the review. I am glad that you continue to be inspired by our colleagues, who as you wrote, do their work with passion and autonomy. And I love that you understand that change and constant improvement is paramount if we are to meet and exceed our customer's expectations in such a dynamic market.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic work environment - stay away!

Jul 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The B2B martech space is not the sexiest but it can be lucrative. The big competitors in this space right now are Oracle & Salesforce.

Cons

I worked on product and then salesops team at Kahuna for more than 2 yrs. Some things about my experience were ok but I just don't see how this company can work out its kinks. The biggest issue is that the company is completely fragmented. Leadership is really weak atm. During my exit interview with the head of HR, I was pretty open about my frustrations with the company and the reasons why I was leaving. The last thing she said to me was, if you don't mind, could you write a positive review for us on Glassdoor? I couldn't believe my ears! Instead of being genuinely concerned about employees and the work environment, leadership and HR are more worried about putting up a facade. Of course this motivated me to look up these reviews on Glassdoor. I agree with a lot of the feedback I'm reading here. Beware of the fake glowing 5 star reviews on here! I think they are all fabricated and were pressured by HR to be written.

21 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Run fast with the pack

Apr 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I love running. And I'm allowed to and supported to do it. - We're still small and can pivot around changes quickly. Build. Validate. Push. No need for massive meetings. - Super supportive team. I've never worked with better leadership that help give me exposure, support my projects, and help remove obstacles. My teammates are also amazing and great people to keep my energy up regularly.

Cons

- Just so much to do. I could sprint for months here and still not feel like I'm done. (But I love it.) - We're small and growing fast. Growing pains are expected.

CEO

Thanks for your review. Being agile and optimizing as we scale are key ingredients to our success. Thanks for your energy and for sprinting with us as we grow.

8. 5.0

New Hire Review!

Dec 11, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wanted to base my new job decision mostly on the people that I would be working with. Kahuna was the perfect fit. Everybody was extremely intelligent, straight-forward, and kind. The recruiting process was awesome - extremely quick and smooth. I had a call with a recruiter and then a few days later, my manager. Finally I came in to meet a few members of the team and received an offer the next day! So far I've meshed well with everybody that I've met and I'm extremely excited to be a part of such a fast-growing, innovative company.

Cons

Can't see any yet! Everything's great so far.

9. 5.0

Kahuna Review

Jul 30, 2015 - SDR in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite thing about Kahuna is the culture. It's an exciting time to be part of a fast-growing company in a young space, and everyone on the team has bought into the vision that Adam and Jacob have created here. The leadership team is amazing and the future of the company is bright in their hands. The people in general have been great, specifically my team who have all been selfless in taking time to help me get up to speed, showing me the ropes.

Cons

I live in SF so the commute can be a pain, but if you leave at the right time it's not bad.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

By far the best experience I've had in my professional career.

Mar 12, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The energy at Kahuna is amazing! I'm surrounded by a team of increadibly smart, kind and hardworking people and I wake up each morning pumped to go to work. The office gives off a fun/tech/startup feel and the gong rings heard throughout the day reiterate that we are execution geniuses. I feel that open communication and transparency across the board keeps me in the loop and our team events make it even more exciting.

Cons

A fast-paced environment and the craziness of a startup might not be a fit for everyone. But it's perfect for me.

CEO

You’re absolutely right. Our ever-changing, past-paced environment isn’t a perfect fit for everyone, so we’re definitely bringing folks on board who thrive in the start-up workplace. We’re a place that's perfect for builders!

Viewing 21 - 30 of 69 Reviews