Kahuna Reviews

Found 70 of over 71 reviews

4.3
Kahuna CEO Sameer Patel
Sameer Patel
Pros
  • "We just moved to the new office in the downtown Redwood City and next to the Caltrain station(in 7 reviews)

• "I recommend Kahuna for the experience of a lifetime to feel what it's like to work for a truly Silicon Valley startup(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Commuting to Palo Alto for anyone that lives in San Francisco can be less than amazing(in 5 reviews)

• "The company is growing rapidly and there have been some growing pains with implementing new process, checks and balances, new management, etc(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Apr 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in fhsha
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworkers, good company culture

Cons

Lateral latitude can be trying

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

great

Feb 5, 2021 - Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

great company ,perfect,wonderful.so happy to work in here

Cons

nothings to bad, only perfect,happy company

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Too many headwinds

Jan 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, great customers, daily lunches.

Cons

Product lost its innovation. Leap frogged by competition.

4. 5.0

Rewarding and equally challenging

Aug 17, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kahuna is an extraordinary company. In the time I have been with Kahuna, I have grown and progressed more professionally and personally than in my previous career combined. I have been pushed, stretched, challenged, received recognition and rewarded. Management is invested in my success. I've been able to take on projects outside my general expertise, do things I've never done before, and continue to learn every week. There is opportunity for advancement and growth within the company. It can be very stressful at times. However, with a flexible time-off policy, you can always take a day off here and there to keep balance. Working for Kahuna is unlike any other job! It's remarkable.

Cons

As with any startup, things can get very stressful. Each person has multiple responsibilities which can get overwhelming. Communication across departments can be challenging. The company is growing rapidly and there have been some growing pains with implementing new process, checks and balances, new management, etc.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

I am happy to hear that you've experienced so many career growth opportunities here at Kahuna. As you noted, start-up life isn't always clear and exact, but we value teammates who are innovative and agile. Running fast and being flexible is the key to success here without a doubt. We will continually strive to set clear expectations and the give the guidance to enable greatness. As for your advice to us on equal pay regardless of gender, we couldn't agree with you more. We've actually looked at our data and proudly stand by our comp packages. We, too, believe that pay should be based on level and performance, and we continue to build our Kahuna team based on that philosophy.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An amazing & inspiring place to work

Nov 22, 2016 -  in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am thrilled to be part of a business where not only is my voice heard, and appreciated, but I also enjoy working with the people I am surrounded by. I love helping Kahuna grow as a business both from a outsider perspective as well as a employee point of view. Kahuna is a true start up. It has a work hard, play hard mentality, but it also allows for a good work/life balance. If you are looking to work for a company where you can have fun with your co-workers, and be involved with decisions that make an impact in the business, than Kahuna is a place for you. Upper management is supportive, motivating and transparent…oh and quite funny at times. They all have amazing experience/backgrounds and truly seem to care about their teams both in and outside of the office. We recently moved to a new facility in downtown Redwood City. The location is amazing!!! 100 yards from the CalTrain Station, making my commute from SF only 35 minutes. Its an open floor environment, which makes everyone approachable. Even our CEO Sameer Patel has a desk on the floor and is easily accessible throughout the day.

Cons

We need more brand awareness. Now that the product has pivoted and we are now considered a Smart Marketing Automation Platform, we need to get the word out about the products improvements/features

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

I couldn’t agree more - I’m privileged to work with a fantastic team who is dedicated to changing the face of marketing automation for brands and questions the status quo every day as we build new capabilities for the modern marketer. You are correct on the topic of brand awareness: I’m extremely sensitive to building a substantive brand that can show real proof points. The new product is showing results and happy customers and we can now authentically build a brand presence to introduce Kahuna to the rest of the world. As you’re aware, we just added some new great folks to our marketing team and have already seen fantastic results from their efforts in just a few months.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Learnt a lot and solved real life business problems

Jan 31, 2017 - Solutions Engineer in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Kahuna for two years and I've seen so many things change from early startup stage to where it is now in 2017. During my time, I learnt a lot about mobile technology and worked with amazing co-workers who supported me both emotionally and professionally. The perks for working at a startup like Kahuna are that I got to work in very dynamic environment and I solved real life business problems for my clients with technology tools. I had the sense that my solutions and hard work were respected and valued by my team and company as well as by my clients whom I served as an extension to their dev teams. I recommend Kahuna for the experience of a lifetime to feel what it's like to work for a truly Silicon Valley startup.

Cons

This job is not for the faint-hearted. There are many times when you have to go above-and-beyond the job duty. You can't simply apply basic book knowledge to implement unique use cases or solve complex business problems that affect big brands’ bottom lines. There are times you must think outside of the box and come up with creative ideas. You might be called upon to roll up your sleeves to find workarounds and hack like a pro. If you're ready and up for this type of challenge, you will find it here at Kahuna.

CEO

Thank you for your two years of service. I think you accurately summarized our “dynamic environment” and am glad that you felt challenged and empowered in your role. It is true that we are pretty scrappy and expect our team members to wear many hats here. We believe that the intensity that comes from this is half the fun of working at a fast growing start-up such as ours. I appreciate the feedback on bonuses. We strive to be clear with employees about their own individual compensation plan as well as expectations for attainment on any variable component but understand that this could be made clearer. Thanks again for making the time to write this.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Kahuna is an upbeat and competitive startup

Oct 23, 2015 - Solutions Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I have had a positive experience with Kahuna since my first interview and have continued to grow professional over the past 5 months. During the initial interview, they made sure that I was a good fit, but at the same time they also gave me a very clear picture of what my role would be. This helped me know that Kahuna was the type of company that I was looking for. - Kahuna's leadership team cares about what is the best for customer and for each of us as employees. The leadership team has decades of experience from which to draw upon. - I like coming to work here everyday. There are a lot of opportunities for me to improve my skills and grow my career at Kahuna. - Kahuna is diverse in gender and ethnicity so I feel very comfortable working at this tech startup as a woman. Our recruiting efforts continue to highlight the importance of a diverse workforce. - I got everything set up and running very quickly the first day. - Management often asks employees for advice on how to make the products better for customers. They value our opinions and encourage us to give input. - Our CEO is a great, inspirational speaker and I often find myself picking up public speaking skills from him.

Cons

- Location. Soon will be moving to Redwood city which is further away. It's okay because half of the employees live in the city.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good place

Jan 9, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice and workload is not much

Cons

Focus too much on engineers

9. 5.0

Best environment to

Apr 14, 2015 - Account Executive in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kahuna is on the bleeding edge of an industry that is still being defined. As such you get to work with some of the smartest and most innovative people and companies there are. On top of that, the environment and people at Kahuna make coming to work everyday incredibly exciting and a ton of fun. Everyone at Kahuna simply wants to company to win and so the entire team from top to bottom are rooting for each other.

Cons

Commuting to Palo Alto for anyone that lives in San Francisco can be less than amazing. You are in the heart of Silicon Valley but if you don't enjoy 30 minute train rides at the start and finish of each day it can start to be a drag. The office space is a little small right now but I doubt this will be a "con" for very long.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your review, and thanks for making that daily commute from SF. I’m glad that you're here helping us build a product which will define the mobile marketing space. And you’re right - culture is key and such a priority for us. Thanks for helping us keep it transparent.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Come here ready to work hard and run fast.

Apr 2, 2015 - Sales in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

We have an amazing product, with proven results. It is inspiring to come to work everyday and hear customer stories or industry thought leaders speak highly of Kahuna. There is constant validation for what we are doing and in turn, everyone is working very hard. All of the people. It's a great feeling to walk into a room and know that you can learn something from every single person. The people are smart, driven, and welcoming. There is a great sense of community here and everyone believes in what we are doing. Adam (CEO) is awesome. He is doing a great job from everything I can see and also brings a great energy to the office. This morning, it was a little quiet in the office but when he walked in, it was suddenly abuzz.

Cons

As far as the company goes, there really aren't many. Like any startup, we are getting organized and figuring some stuff out as we go, but constantly improving. The commute is a little rough, but worth it.

CEO

Thanks for your review and for highlighting the validation from our customers. I am happy that we’ve built a company where you feel as though you are surrounded by mentors and by fellow learners. It is a great feeling - no doubt!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews