Kabam Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Sep 28, 2017

4.3
Kabam Chief Executive Officer Tim Fields (no image)
Tim Fields
Pros
  • "Free lunch, that is usually very delicious(in 31 reviews)

• "Great work/life balance ; only worked overtime a handful of times(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/Life balance can be touchy - deadlines and expectations can change very quickly(in 8 reviews)

• "Disconnect between teams and upper management(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great culture, caring, humble, pragmatic, respectful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing

I worked at Kabam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, caring management, humble, pragmatic, respectful. Management were very approachable and reasonable. Willing to listen. Great benefit, especially medical. Large variety of snacks at stock all the time, free lunch. Prime location. Spacious office.

Cons

Being a medium sized company, it became to corporate with a very heavy overhead

Continue reading
  2. "Senior Automation QA Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior QA Automation Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kabam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Care the employees *Has good and profit products *Good work life balance *Perks and free lunch

Cons

*Management team made wrong decision for the company

3. "Software Engineering Internship"

Current Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Office - Supporting coworkers and manager - Free lunch - Nice Community - Videogames - Gym

Cons

- Not much freedom in work

"Great co-workers, unclear direction, misguided management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Kabam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working alongside some wonderful people. Free lunch. Flexible working schedule, work from home.

Cons

New policies and directions implemented with no regard for agents' well-being. Feedback and concerns are ignored. New managers/directors every 6-8 months bring sweeping changes and reset everything. Internal growth focused on seniority, little to no room for advancement.

Continue reading

"Good company hampered by weak direction"

Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kabam

Pros

Good salary, perks (fitness stipend, free lunches, unlimited PTO)

Cons

Poor strategic planning and aversion to taking risks. Disconnect between revenue expectations between senior management and teams

"Once Prosperous"

Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kabam

Pros

Free lunch, that is usually very delicious. Lots of options. Benefits are great. IT is great, HR and benefits is pretty good too (besides compensation, not sure if this really is their fault). Can be good to come in. Be warned that the work/life can be terrible, read below. There are a lot of options to come into the company, they are situated in many places. I would steer clear of HQ (SF) as it is very obvious the fate of those studios.

Cons

Constant change, always "restructuring" every 6 months, and if lucky a year. These always include lay-offs. Culture can be quite bad, they act like they are a game development company. Emphasis on act, no upper management is really that into games. Work/life balance has become increasingly terrible, as all the great managers are pretty much gone. There are still a few gems left. Upper management never interacts with below unless required. People are treated like resources. Upper management has a habit of not getting rid of the bad management. Often they are politically savvy, these are the people who are ruining the company. Can be very cliquey, make sure you really match well with who you are. Extremely difficult to get raises, promotions. Even if you are told you are getting one, it can take months even years to "process". Multiple people I know left waiting 1+ year for "processing".

Continue reading

"Challenging, exciting late stage start-up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been here for 3+ years. I've seen both great times and bad times, but that is what I love about the start up industry. Changes and growth are fast and constant here. I have a very supportive team and mentor/manager who challenges me and provides me with opportunities to learn and develop. Other perks: Fun environment, commuter benefits, free lunch and dinner, all kinds of snacks and beverages, ping pong, foosball, arcade/game room, pastries in the morning, weekly in office massages, team building events, flexible hours, all kinds of coffee for all the coffee snobs (both hot and cold brew), beer keg, wine keg...yup i said it wine in a keg!

Cons

Downsides is that it can be volatile and depends on how your game does in the marketplace. So when the games do not perform, strategy changes and restructuring happens.

"Sr. Mobile QA Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Mobile QA Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kabam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch and dinner and commuter benefits. Work on iOS and andr platforms. Used to have company wide trips with +1's

Cons

Highly unstable and personally feel QA's are treated with respect. No opportunity for learning and exploring other areas. Business > employees

"Great studio and absolutely amazing people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time for less than a year

Pros

While the perks here are amazing (free lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, and even beer on tap!), it is the studio culture and all of the amazing Kabammers that really separates Kabam from the rest of the industry.

Cons

It's hard to not gain weight from all the free food and snacks!

10. "What's not to Like?"

Current Employee - Senior Flash Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time for less than a year

Pros

Reasonable and flexible hours, cool projects, free lunch every day, long-term approach toward staff, great benefits, Unity office is downstairs, cocktails at Sprit Retrospective meetings every week.

Cons

Hmmm . . . every job has a frustration or two if you're working with other engineers, but that's life. Nothing stands out at Kabam.

Found 21 reviews