KAR Global Reviews

Updated Sep 21, 2021

Found 179 of over 193 reviews

3.5
KAR Global CEO, KAR Global Peter Kelly (no image)
Peter Kelly
Pros
  • "Excellent work-life balance, self-improvement, and continuous learning(in 11 reviews)

• "Good people to work with as well(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is a sense of division amongst the different business units not a collaborate corporation(in 7 reviews)

• "Not to mention the fact that senior leadership is still an "old boys club" that doesn't look to change any time soon(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Good leadership, good culture

Dec 22, 2020 - User Experience Designer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team is clearly focused on taking care of their workers, from job safety to work-life balance, to consistent and transparent communication with their employees. I am never discouraged to speak my mind when I need something for my job or had an issue that needed resolving. I would even see the issue resolved by my manager's manager within a day. Some might see this as a negative, but they are a broad organization with multiple acquisitions. It's fun to try to solve these challenging problems in a collaborative environment where everyone is empowered to break down silos.

Cons

Still going through some growing pains integrating various acquisitions and balancing their needs. Shepherding a project from concept to shipped involves accounting for a fair bit of political navigation. Some technological procedures lag behind industry best practices, but they at least acknowledge this.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Oct 27, 2020 - Product Owner in Markham, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good processes Teamwork Well planned roadmap Supportive executives and stakeholders

Cons

Nothing I can think of People were friendly and helpful With orientation provided

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company!

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

KAR Global has great people, wonderful leadership and lots of opportunities for growth. awesome benefits and teams as well. Love it

Cons

Honestly not totally sure. Not many cons for me but cons are different to everyone. I guess if I made to pick it's that its a large company so you need to be willing to put yourself out there to get the opportunities of growth.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work at least 10 hours a day

Apr 20, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

It has a commission incentive.

Cons

You work Monday to Sunday. Targets are readjusted every month.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

vibe manager

Mar 24, 2021 - Vibe Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

vibes are super good i think

Cons

i don’t really like working

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Does not come through with promises or expectations

Jan 14, 2021 - Senior Dealer Solutions Executive in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Money to be made

Cons

Amateur leadership - Unqualified and not honest

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

No heart all business!

Mar 22, 2020 - Sales Representative in Brampton, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company does staff BBQ every few months!

Cons

Makes you do multiple jobs and run you thin.

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee

CSR

Apr 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Airdrie, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

The last review not only states exactly what goes on at KARS. I would also like to add that everything operates upon gossip. There are ppl in the "in" group and if you're not in it: you are S>O>L>. Upper lead management could care less unless of course you are not "fitting" in, then you are fired. The environment is toxic. The customers make the job worthwhile. But after you realize it is the company and not you, the employees and not you: your days are numbered.

Cons

A cliquey environment. Some good employees. Everything built on substandard management. Especially the 'know it all' lady in CSR stirring up trouble among management and staff. I would not recommend this employer unless you are extremely desperate as I was. Life is too short to waste your time with this company. All departments are affected and no body is exempt from poor management.

3 people found this review helpful

KAR Global Response

Dir of TA

We’re sorry to hear about your work experiences with us. Your feedback and candor will help us improve. Please email us at listens@karauctionservices.com if there’s more you’d like to share.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Sep 10, 2021 - Director in Carmel, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and pay is very competitive. I really feel like executive leadership cares.

Cons

Like most places the medical could always be better but on par with most of my family and friends companies.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Retain the best talent?

Sep 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They use up to date technology and practices. Good HR leadership Good 401k and employee stock purchase plan

Cons

Some department leaders are not engaging Work culture went downhill after 2019 Spent millions on a shiny new building, which is under utilized Pay is under the market value

Viewing 1 - 10 of 179 Reviews