K12 Operations Manager Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2015

4.2
K12 Executive Chairman Nate Davis (no image)
Nate Davis
0 Rating

"Manager of daily school operations"

5.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at K12 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Using my background in Operations while being involved in education is what I live about working for K12. The option to occasionally work from home is also a major plus.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons in my experiences with K2.

"Operations Manager"

2.0
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at K12 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is still rapidly growing and they like to promote from within. So if you are passionate about the business side of K-12 education and willing to relocate, you can find yourself moving up the ranks very quickly.

Cons

The expectation of middle management and above is to basically be available 24-7. It's not unheard of to wake up in the morning and see that email conversations were happening after midnight and decisions were being made without your input. Personally, with a family at home that was a little much for me. Also, philosophically many have issues with the charter school movement and K12 profits greatly in areas that are struggling for funding. They can paint it any way they want, but when it comes down to it K12 Inc. receives millions in funding through public revenue sources, and then as a private entity they will focus first and foremost on making a profit rather than serving their students.

"Lots of room to grow"

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at K12 full-time for less than a year

Pros

General atmosphere is that of a school with emphasis on mutual encouragement and acceptance of individual talents as well as qwirks.

Cons

Too many systems built by too many competing internal interests who are techies and not really familiar with how an online school operaties. Acquired schools take a back seat to legacy schools in the K12 family with regard to allocation of resources reducing the quality of the acquired brands.Too soon to tell if the long range strategies will ultimately be successful.

"a huge disappointment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Herndon, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at K12 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

K12 offers a great schooling option for families with an awesome end product having lots of bells and whistles.

Cons

K12 has poorly defined work expectations, no work/life balance offered, way too many hours expected of "non-exempt" employees, and no clear path for career growth. Yearly job reviews were rarely completed and increases/bonuses were all subjective.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews