Cover image for JustAnswer

Tech

2190.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/technology

Got a burning question about JustAnswer? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with JustAnswer employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of JustAnswer and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 233 of over 272 reviews

Updated Sept 17, 2023

May 24, 2023
      Online Homework Helper
      Former Employee
      Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work and enjoy meeting people online.

Cons

There are some bad people working there.

Hi there, I don't believe you were a JustAnswer employee. It sounds like you may have served as an Expert on the platform. We always welcome feedback about improving the Expert experience. I encourage you to please reach out to the Expert team to share your experience so we can assist. Thanks.

1. 5.0
        Sept 15, 2023
        Lead Software Engineer
        Former Employee, more than 5 years
        Lviv
        Business Outlook

Pros

I really like the company movement to top performance with the usage of Accelerate guide. Moving applications to CI/CD, gathering metrics related to deployment frequency is great. Leveraging Lean approach during the development is cool. A/B testing, MAB for testing is also nice.

Cons

Being in product company improves your skills inside this company. To be competitive on the market you need to do homework(pet projects with using trend technologies). Otherwise, it'd be hard to find a job after you fall under lay off. Also, I don't like the business model of the company. The company exists for 20 years as a startup. This is a marketplace for people who need to get an answer and for people who knows that answer. With ChatGPT appearance, I think, the company doesn't have a chance to go under IPO.

2. Join the JustAnswer team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 1.0
          Sept 17, 2023
          Online Support Specialist
          Current Employee, more than 1 year
          San Francisco, CA
          Business Outlook

Pros

You can make some money and learn how successful fraud can be. We trick people into monthly subscriptions as a key component to the business model.

Cons

Zero values. This applies to customers so it is hard to believe it is any different with employees. You are disposable, just like the client. People at the top getting rich off the backs of customers and employees.

Sept 1, 2023
            Software Developer
            Bangalore Rural
            Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, WFH, Insurance & team activity. Work life balance depends on teams.

Cons

No job security. JA is already get effected by chat GPT, they do not have any backup plan yet. Not much progress in term of growth. There is no intention of company to retain their customer, for many customer it is just a scamming website.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We care very much about the employee and customer experience and are always open to feedback to improve it.

1. 2.0
              Jul 21, 2023
              Product Manager
              Former Employee, more than 5 years
              Business Outlook

Pros

Overall nice people and colleagues Good WLB Fully remote

Cons

Since 2023 this company is not profitable, it just laid off many employees to cut cost and the future is ambiguous as its business model doesn’t prove to be sustainable. It had obvious problems of building customer trust as you can see in many Google reviews. The layoff was sudden. Management team kept it top secret until announcement and left everyone in shock.

We appreciate your feedback and understand your concerns regarding recent layoffs at JustAnswer. We acknowledge that such decisions can be difficult and have an impact on employees and the overall perception of the company. At JustAnswer, we strive to be transparent and empathetic during challenging times. Layoffs are never easy for anyone involved, and we are deeply sorry for any distress caused. Our main priority remains the well-being of our team members, and we are continuously working to improve our processes and provide support to those affected. Please know that we take all feedback seriously and are committed to learning from our experiences. We value our employees and community, and we are determined to build a better future for everyone at JustAnswer.

1. 1.0
                Aug 22, 2023
                Business Outlook

Pros

Permanent remote role, good work life balance.

Cons

Not a good company for long term association as the company lacks clarity in its vision. They will hire when in need in bulk at any cost and then fire at any time without prior notice in the name of cost cutting. The India team doesn't hold any power, everything is drived by SF office

1. 2.0
                  Aug 29, 2023
                  Human Resources
                  San Francisco, CA
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are great. Good perks.

Cons

Zero job security. Pay is awful.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your perspective. Our total compensation for our positions includes benefits, fun perks, competitive pay, and more. We frequently review our pay philosophy and benefits offerings to ensure we are in line with the market, and are always open to employee feedback.

May 31, 2023
                    Customer Support Executive
                    Former Employee, more than 3 years
                    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Salary and benefits. Recognition of efforts from the Customer Support leaders from US office are always very inspiring and they are truly amazing people to work with. The company is growing good. Andy is a best CEO and his help to Ukraine during the War time is so much appreciated by every employee.

Cons

They changed my role without caring about the employee's willingness. The lady who heads the HR team at India is arrogant and ignorant of employee concerns. She intentionally mis-interpreted and changed the referral policy to deny me a referral bonus for one of the employee I referred before leaving. I suggest the management to really look into it as this HR Head is nowhere contributing in building an employee friendly culture and growth. I have heard from many other employees too that they have often faced issues with her attitude and false claims.

Hi there, thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate the balanced review of your experience at JA. I have shared this feedback with the India leadership team. Wishing you much success in your future endeavors!

Aug 16, 2023
                      Engineering Manager
                      Current Employee, more than 3 years
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary on time Permanent Work from Home

Cons

Job instability (after recent firing) Indian managers are dummy (everything driven by SF) Yearly salary increment based on some SF reference and not based on Indian market

1. 5.0
                        Aug 18, 2023
                        Senior Technical Associate
                        Current Employee, less than 1 year
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Opportunities Supportive management Learning opportunities

Cons

Less salary Less team connect bonding

Viewing 1 - 10 of 233 Reviews
                      </>Embed

JustAnswer Reviews FAQs

JustAnswer has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 272 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at JustAnswer to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, JustAnswer employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at JustAnswer. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

76% of JustAnswer employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated JustAnswer 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with JustAnswer Job Seekers