Johnson Health Tech North America Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2022

Found 34 of over 36 reviews

3.7
Johnson Health Tech North America President Mark Zabel (no image)
Mark Zabel

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Johnson Health Tech North America and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

STAK Fitness is now also JHT Canada

Dec 10, 2015 - Bus Dev Coordinator in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Respectful and mutual supportive environment.

Cons

It is in Anjou and no metro station.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Very early in software cycle

Apr 7, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people that cared about their coworkers

Cons

Giant company that barely realizes how badly it needs to quadruple it's tech team and invest in it long term. Most of the data wasn't even "real" in production and made the whole day feel pointless

Senior Director of HR

Thank you for time with us and for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate the work you and others do for our company.

3. 5.0

Great place to work

Feb 5, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Good people.

Cons

Not much opportunities to grow.

Senior Director of HR

We love five star reviews!!! Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to comment on our great place to work! We hope you can continue growing with us.

4. 5.0

Great Team and Work Environment

Feb 4, 2022 - Front End Developer in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment, everyone is super supportive and considerate of one another. By far the best team I've ever been on.

Cons

Career growth may be limited depending on the role.

Senior Director of HR

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your team here! We are proud of our supportive environment. Thank you!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Nov 1, 2021 - Territory Sales Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, products and company.

Cons

Not many cons to think of.

Senior Director of HR

Thank you! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear to had a good experience here working with amazing people and the best fitness products! - Becky Quick Sr Director of HR

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to work

Nov 1, 2021 - Web Developer in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working remote is great and the people I work with have been great.

Cons

- None so far - Glassdoor requires 5 words for this review

Senior Director of HR

Thank you so much for your feedback! We truly appreciate your time and consideration. We agree that working remote is a huge perk that we are grateful we can offer to a great group of people!

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Depends on team

Oct 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free gym with the best equipment, available cafe, growing company with humble beginnings, great coworkers, fast moving company

Cons

Salary too low, no career advancement, solutions may be too rushed because decisions are made at last minute

Senior Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience at Johnson Health North America. We do have great on-site fitness facilities with the best equipment for our great employees. Best of luck to you in your career endeavors!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Outstanding Environment.

Jul 14, 2021 - Software Engineer II in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great travel incentive when able to travel. Laid back and open development environment with the ability to work with customs and great cross-functional approach.

Cons

Limited applications for new software techniques and process' at times.

Senior Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for us! We truly enjoy our more laid back environment that makes it a great place to work. We appreciate you!

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a very healthy place to work

Aug 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Cottage Grove, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Access to gym facilities - A handful of coworkers were decent people - A massage chair in the lobby - No other pros

Cons

- This company has only negative minded people in positions of power - Lack of respect and understanding in almost all interactions with middle managers - Quickly falling behind in their own industry: does not understand the impact of software on fitness - Easily the most amateur tech stack I have ever seen at any company, of any size. A nightmare for anyone concerned with information security. - Segregation between departments that creates an awkward class hierarchy - Rampant toxicity in the workplace - on multiple occasions a boss and another coworker were openly mocking of employees in other departments - Lack of experience & only negative attitudes in management - Office is in an inconvenient location - Office is incredibly small for the number of employees there - Constant distracting noise from ongoing training sessions all around you - Lack of maturity and experience from senior-level staff, good ideas will be ignored and only the loudest voices are heard

Senior Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about working at Johnson Health Tech North America. We’re sorry you have not had a great experience working for us. We do take any reports of unhealthy work environments seriously. It is important to us and an expectation that all employees live our values. We would also like to encourage you, just like we encourage all employees, to call us directly at 608-839-1240 and speak with our Human Resources Department, where we are always open to continuing the conversation. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review, and we wish you the best in your career.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Freedom to work as needed

Jun 14, 2021 - Web Developer in Cottage Grove, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teams are amazing, smart, and fun to work with. Love the collaboration and ability to be open about how to grow and improve products. Immediate managers care about their people. Can work from where you want!

Cons

Politics negatively impact some teams work, but not all.

Senior Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback and your contributions to our future! Becky Senior Director of HR

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews

Johnson Health Tech North America Reviews FAQs

Johnson Health Tech North America has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 36 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Johnson Health Tech North America to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 13% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Johnson Health Tech North America employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Johnson Health Tech North America. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

65% of Johnson Health Tech North America employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Johnson Health Tech North America 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Johnson Health Tech North America Job Seekers